Basics
    DPPt
    1v1
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    OHKO/Acc/Eva/Sleep/Freeze Clauses
    Helds On
    Airik (Corphish) vs. Felly (Lillipup)

Basic stuff. Corphish is cool and was able to take out Lillipup with some Waterfalls because it was cool. Corphish was also cool since it held a Lorb for the 2hko. Lillipup didn't get Pick-Up because it's not as cool as Corphish, which is a very cool pokemon. Good game!

Airik wins (x7) and gets $7000
    Felly loses (x7) and gets $3500
    I ref (x7) and get $3500

Current Reffing Wages: 49,000

Did I mention that Corphish is a very cool pokemon?
    Last edited by Princess Crow; 19th December 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Womb of a Tiger Shark

Battle #102-111

Basics
    DPPt
    1v1
    Rainy Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds On
    Airik (Lotad) vs. Felly (Lillipup)

Basic stuff. Lotad was able to 2hko with rain and a Life Orb. No pickup again for the poor puppy and her owner. THEY JUST NEED A BREAK SO THAT THEY CAN BECOME RICH, OKAY?! Good game!

Airik wins (x10) and gets $10000
    Felly loses (x10) and gets $5000
    I ref (x10) and get $5000

Current Reffing Wages: 54,000

Blog Entries

Battle #112

DPPt
    4v4
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds Off
    Magnesium (Haxorus, Hitmonlee, Marowak, ????????) vs. Dinobot (Qwilfish, Electivire, Absol, Garbodor)

MG was rolled to send first, and he lead with Haxorus. Bee was rolling his mons and sent out Qwilfish, which stopped Haxorus temporarily by using a combination of Icy Wind and Intimidate. However, when Ice Beam wasn't able to KO after Haxorus got a Swords Dance and a few Ddances in, Haxorus began its somewhat sweep. Haxorus took out Qwilfish and Electivire before Absol was able to take it out with a Quick Attack. Hitmonlee came in and statted up against Absol, but an unexpected Rock Tomb combined with a Psycho Cut was able to drop Lee down to dangerous levels. Lee took out the Absol, and Bee then rolled a Garbodor, which was able to take out the Hitmonlee, but not before it took some damage from EQ. Marowak came in and finished the job with a Bonemerang or however you spell it. Good game!

Magnesium wins and gets $1500
    Dinobot loses and gets $750
    I ref and get $2000

Current Reffing Wages: 56,000

Blog Entries

Battle #112

DPPt
    4v4
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds On
    Airik (Whimsicott, Volcarona, Breloom) vs. Ash K. (Blaziken, Cincinno, Chandelure)

Ash K. was rolled to send first, and he lead with Blaziken. Seeing the speedy threat, Airik sent in his Whimsicott, hoping to either paralyze Blaziken or encore it into the offchance it used Protect. Whimsi was still able to accomplish its goal by using Stun Spore to paralyze it, but was soon taken down by a Flare Blitz. Volcarona came in and took out the slowed Blaziken with a Hurricane. Cincinno came in and scared out Volc with its Skill Link Rock Blast, which Airik turned to Breloom for. A Twave prevented Breloom's Poison Heal from activating, and some unlucky rolls on both sides lead to Breloom being encored into

Ash K. wins and gets $1000
    Airik loses and gets $500
    I ref and get $1500

Current Reffing Wages: 57,500

Blog Entries

Battle #113

Virbank City Gym Battle
    DPPt
    4v4
    Rainy Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds On
    Challenger Magnesium (Kingdra, Electivire, Froslass, Gengar) vs. Virbank Gym Leader Zolar (Tentacruel, Roserade, Gliscor, Gengar)

So yeah. This battle was a lot of dice rolls that went bad for Zolar due to some ...debatable tactics MG used. Kingdra and Tenta battled it out for a while, but Tentacruel came out on top eventually after it dealt some damage to Roserade. A Spec's boosted Electivire came in and used Thunder, but Tentacruel switched out to Gliscor, halting the Electivire in its snazzy sunglasses. Gliscor Swords Danced while Electivire was replaced by Froslass. Gliscor switched out for Tentacruel again, and here's where the very grueling and haxxy procedures begain. Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, and Snow Cloak helped make Froslass near untouchable, but a single Toxic that connected with its target was all that was needed for Froslass to eventually be knocked out. Gengar came in and took out the already weakened Froslass, which allowed MG to send in his Gengar. MG's Gengar won the speed tie, allowing it to put Zolar's Gengar to sleep and KO with a double powered Hex. Roserade came in and narrowly avoided death with a miss on Icy Wind as it Synthesized. Roserade took out the Gengar the turn after, which allowed Electivire to come in and lock itself into Ice Punch. Gliscor was forced back in, and they both were able to KO at the same time. Effectively, the entire battle came down to a single speed tie, and Zolar was lucky enough to win it this time (he lost just about every other dice roll throughout the entire game XD) Good game!

Zolar wins, defends his gym, and gets $3000
    MG loses and gets $1500
    I ref and get $2000

Current Reffing Wages: 59,500

Blog Entries

Battle #114

Violet City Gym Battle
    DPPt
    4v4
    Sunny Weather
    Tall-Grass Terrain
    OHKO/Acc/Eva/Sleep/Freeze/Species Clauses
    Helds Off
    Challenger Sends First
    Challenger Zolar (Cincinno, Liepard, Blaziken, ???????) vs. Violet Gym Leader Morru Magnum (Dragonite, Salamence, Crobat, Togekiss)

Cincinno was a major thorn in Morru's flying pokemon's sides, which made it so that it took three of Morru's pokemon before Cincinno was finally brought down to its knees. Liepard came in and did some shenanigans with Twave/Encore, but Crobat swapped out for Togekiss who KO'd with Aura Sphere, but not before being yawned. Togekiss did some sleep talking as Blaziken came in and gained some stats before taking out the poor napping bird. Crobat came in and was easily dispatched by a Stone Edge (though it missed at first, but Crobat was par'd anyway so it doesn't really matter.) Good game!

Zolar wins and receives the Zephyr Badge, TM Acrobatics, and $3000
    Morru Magnum loses and gets $1500
    I ref and get $2000

Current Reffing Wages: 61,500

Blog Entries

Battle #115

Dewford City Gym Battle
    BW2
    3v3
    Sunny Weather
    Tall-Grass Terrain
    Helds On
    Challenger Felly (Swoobat, Houndoom, Gyarados) vs. Dewford Gym Leader SLC (Electivire, Scrafty, ??????)

Pretty quick game. Felly swapped Swoobat out for Houndoom, which was able to take out the Electivire, but not before it was put under immense damage. Scrafty came in and started setting up, which, when combined with Moxie, was able to make Scrafty pretty intimidating. However, Unaware Swoobat came back in and knocked off the Scrafty's item, which allowed its sweep to be temporarily halted and damaged by Air Slash. However, when Gyarados came in with the Intimidate, Scrafty's attack was still too high to prevent a prompt Thunderpunch from KO'ing. Good game!

SLC wins, defends his gym, and gets and $3000
    Felly loses and gets $1500
    I ref and get $2000

Current Reffing Wages: 63,500

Blog Entries

New Wages!
    Battle #115-126

Basics
    DPPt
    1v1
    No Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds On
    Felly (Lillipup) vs. Magnesium (Turtwig)

Basic stuff. Turtwig's Giga Drain was enough to bring Lillipup into KO range from Leaf Storm. Thankfully, my dice weren't as insane as they usually are, and these were done relatively quickly. Good game!

SLC wins (x10) and gets $10000

Current Reffing Wages: 5,000
    Last edited by Princess Crow; 23rd December 2012 at 11:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Battle #127

DPPt
    3v3
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    OHKO/Acc/Eva/Sleep/Freeze/ Clauses
    Helds Off
    Airik (Aerodactyl, ??????, ???????) vs. Magnesium (Steelix, Froslass, Dragonite)

The game started with Aerodactyl vs. Steelix. Steelix tried to stat up, but Aerodactyl roared it out. Froslass was rolled to come in, but it was soon KO'd by STAB Rock Slide and an untimely flinch. Dragonite came in, but MG felt he had no chance of winning. As such, he forfeited. Good game!

Airik wins and gets and $1000
    MG loses and gets $500
    I ref and get $1500

Current Reffing Wages: 6,500

Blog Entries

Battle #129 (accounting for this accidental skip)

DPPt
    4v4
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds Off
    Felly (Ludicolo, Gliscor, Victreebel, Ariados) vs. Magnesium (Crobat, Swampert, Steelix, Froslass)

I can't even remember this battle since it happened late last night, so I'm not even gonna try. The results were that MG won. Good game, I guess!

MG wins and gets and $1500
    Felly loses and gets $750
    I ref and get $2000

Current Reffing Wages: 8,500

Blog Entries

Battle #130

DPPt
    4v4
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds Off
    Airik (Aerodactyl, ??????, ??????, ??????) vs. BestyxD (Jolteon, Beedrill, Butterfree, Flareon)

An early miss on Jolteon's Thunder was a major turning point in the game. Because of this, Aerodactyl was able to get an Earthquake off for free, allowing it to put a massive dent in Jolt. Beedrill came in and tried some shenanigans, but a prompt Rock Slide ended them. Rinse and repeat for Butterfree, and two quick Rock Slides ended Flareon as well. It also didn't help that most of Besty's team was weak to Aerodactyl's STAB moves... regardless, good game!

Airik wins and gets and $1500
    BestyxD loses and gets $750
    I ref and get $2000

Current Reffing Wages: 10,500

Blog Entries

Battle #131

DPPt
    2v2
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds Off
    GliscorMan (Sudowoodo, Magmortar) vs. Felly (Gyarados, ??????)

Gyarados' STAB attacks were too much for GliscorMan's pokemon. As such, they both fell in battle before dealing any serious damage. Gliscor was $500 short of what he needed for his mart purchase, so this was just enough to push him up. Good game!

Felly wins and gets and $1000
    GliscorMan loses and gets $500
    I ref and get $1000

Current Reffing Wages: 11,500

Blog Entries

Battle #132-141

Basics
    DPPt
    1v1
    No Weather
    Default Terrain
    Helds On
    Felly (Lillipup) vs. CommBA (Rhyhorn)

Basic stuff. Two prompt Earthquakes were enough to send the poor puppy to oblivion. Good game!

CommBA wins (x10) and gets $10000

Current Reffing Wages: 16,500

Blog Entries

Battle #142

Hearthome City Gym Battle
    Revo
    3v3
    Sunny Weather
    Ocean Terrain
    Helds On
    Challenger Zolar (Togekiss, Salamence, Liepard) vs. Hearthome Gym Leader CommBA (Sableye, Houndoom, Dusclops)

CommBA was silly and rolled all the things for his gym (even which mons he would send lol), which inevitably would lead for some pretty insane and pretty strange battling tactics. Thankfully for CommBA, Sableye was rolled, which allowed him to cripple and even take out 2/3 (Salamence and Togekiss) of Zolar's team with some statuses, Calm Mind/Pain Split, and Sucker Punch/Foul Play. Liepard came in and Encored Sableye into Sucker Punch, but CommBA swapped out for his Dusclops. Dusclops was only in briefly as Liepard dealt some damage with Snarl, but its essential factor in the battle was setting up Curse. Houndoom came in, and, though it wasn't exactly needed, it sped up the process of taking out the Liepard by KOing with Flamethrower. Good game, and Merry Christmas!

CommBA wins, defends his gym, and gets and $3000
    Zolar loses and gets $1500
    I ref and get $1500

Current Reffing Wages: 18,000

Blog Entries

Battle #143

Striaton City Gym Battle
    DPPt
    2v2
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    No Clauses
    Helds Off
    Challenger Airik (Ninetales, Typhlosion) vs. Striaton Gym Leader Saesee Tiin (Starmie, Arcanine)

I sucked at reffing this so lemme just go crawl into a corner and cry ;_; Airik sent in his Ninetales to get the weather on his side, but also to Roar out his opponent in hopes of getting a pokemon that would be easy for him to wreck with his STAB Fire moves. However, Arcanine was selected, who returned the favor by roaring out Ninetales! Typhlosion came in and sneakily got in a Defense Curl so that Rollout would deal extreme damage, and that basically sealed the deal for Reaper. Arcanine put a dent in Typhlosion, but it wasn't nearly enough to take it out, and by the time Saesee Tiin swapped out Arcanine for Starmie, the BP for Rollout was far too massive for it to stand a chance. After losing Starmie, Reaper forfeited. Good game!

Airik wins and gets the Trio Badge, (chooses) TM SolarBeam, and $3000
    Reaper loses and gets $1500
    I ref and get $1000

Current Reffing Wages: 19,000

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th January 2013, 08:02 PM