But yeah I've updated the reffing encyclopedia.
1. If used in succession, Protect, Detect, and Endure have a 50% success rate each time, as opposed to halving the success rate each time. Source
2. Ref tests now pay the tester 2k.
This is the correct way to ref Roar and Whirlwind fyi.
Roar and Whirlwind: Roll the slot first then random Pokemon, right? If you get a slot that is already used by a Pokemon in the battle, it is sent out.
Refs will now be allowed to log multiple battles with the same Pokemon in one post. If a Pokemon evolves, or a trainer switches Pokemon, a new post should be made. When logging these battles, make sure to say how many battles were done, how many times each trainer won/lost, and how much money was earned overall for each person involved.
Just a note though:Quote:
Pidge VS. Monbrey
Pidgeotto VS. Charmeleon
Fire Blast 2HKOed 3 times, and missed twice in 2 battles. What luck Pidge has! :B
Monbrey- wins 3 times, loses 2 times, $4000
Pidge- wins 2 times, loses 3 times, $3500
Me- refs 5 times, $2500
MULTIPLYING BATTLES IS STILL ILLEGAL
So this question came up in the B/W tourney and none of the refs were sure on it.
If a pokemon with a Substitute up attacks something holding a Red Card, is it switched out?
sniperxpwnage (10:34:33 PM): uhh im not sure tbh
sniperxpwnage (10:34:45 PM): i will test for you on PO
mewalcadiesmew (10:34:52 PM): Thanks
sniperxpwnage (10:43:53 PM): nope it doesn't block
sniperxpwnage (10:44:13 PM): that is if the sub breaks
mewalcadiesmew (10:44:34 PM): It was the attacker with a Sub >.>
sniperxpwnage (10:45:03 PM): oh
sniperxpwnage (10:45:05 PM): yeah it (red card) still works
Out of curiosity, does Rocky Helmet pop Balloons?
Me and Volcan tested some stuff over wifi on black/white:
Roar against a Pokemon holding Red Card does not activate the Red Card (Same with thunderwave and all non-attacking moves pretty much) (some people didn't know :look:)
If you hit a Pokemon with Substitute and is holding Red Card, the Red Card won't activate even if the Substitute breaks
might have been known already, but just confirming it
^ Some information for reffing for newer stuff and some older stuff too. ^
Lunatone 1% holding Life Orb vs Gyarados 100% with Red Card.
Which happens first when Lunatone attacks? Below on PO me and Jr found out:
Start of turn 2
Lunatone used Ice Beam!
The foe's Gyarados lost 23% of its health!
Lunatone is hurt by its Life Orb!
The foe's Gyarados used its Red Card on Lunatone!
Exeggutor was dragged out!
The foe's Gyarados used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Gyarados's Attack rose!
The foe's Gyarados's Speed rose!
Therefore. Life Orb KOs first, and then the referee randomly rolls the new dragged out Pokemon.
Status in Black and White - Smogon University
Point of note: Sleep seems to last 1-3 turns instead? Also, when a Pokemon falls asleep due to Rest and switches out, the Pokemon would have to sleep for a full turn of 3 instead when it switches back in.
I don't quite understand this one, but it seems Early Bird Pokemon has a chance to wake up immediately after being afflicted with sleep?Quote:
The ability Early Bird reduces the duration of sleep—for Pokemon with the ability, the "fast asleep" message decreases the sleep counter by two rather than one. As the counter can be set to two, three, or four, an initial counter of two will lead to an immediate awakening, while a counter of three or four results in a single turn of sleep. Therefore, an Early Bird Pokemon has a 33.3% chance of waking up immediately, and a 66.7% chance of sleeping only a single turn.
So it is now based on a counter. So the counter can be between 2 and 4, while every time the Pokemon sleeps the counter drops by 1. And Early Bird removes 2 counters every turn instead of the usual 1.
The only thing I am unsure of is that it seems like when your turn starts, and the counter is at 1, you wake up.