urpgdex.monbrey.com.au (do report any errors here) - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: urpgdex.monbrey.com.au (do report any errors here)

Default Re: The New Ultra Dex Launch (Report Any Errors Here!)

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMudkip View Post
    In-game, Metal Coat can be used to evolve Onix -> Steelix and Scyther -> Scizor via trade, but it can also be used to enhance Steel-type moves.
    This came up earlier when Axion had to evolve his Scyther: under Trade Evolution Items in the Mart, we have Metal Wax (which I would assume was created for the sake of not getting mixed up and whatnot) and under Type-Enhancing we have Metal Coat.
    However, in the Ultra Dex entries of the aforementioned 'mons, Metal Coat - and not Wax - is listed as the item required for evolution.
    The evolution item in URPG is supposed to be Metal Wax.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

^Yeah, I know xD My point was, in the Ultra Dex, it says Metal Coat when it should be Metal Wax to prevent people from buying the wrong item.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

The Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking Line all have Wonder Room as a BM and a MT. Also, I'm a bit confused by what you mean on Slowpoke's TM List. It says that Hidden Power and Swagger are only learnable by Slowbro, at least TM-wise. I understand that Slowking gets these moves level up and it would be illogical to buy these TM's for your Slowpoke if you planned on making it a Slowking anyway, but it is somewhat misleading. Slowpoke still has access to these two TM's, so it's false to say that these are only available for Slowbro only if I perhaps wanted to EM a perma Slowpoke. Also found in Oddish's entry, as well as presumably any other Pokémon with a split evolution branch.

Edit by Ataro: Fixed.
    Last edited by Ataro; 12th June 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Golem has ThunderPunch as a small, italic MT but cannot learn it as a TM. ThunderPunch is a straight-up MT for it.

Sassy in a hat VoltChen Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow VoltChen Magneton On Twitter Add VoltChen Magneton on Facebook

Had to show it via picture again:

"Legends say that if you said Sehun's name in front of the mirror three times, Luhan will appear and ask, 'Where?'"

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Parting Shot! Petalburg Woods Forums!

But you cannot change Deoxys' Forme in URPG at will. Its Forme is set when you "capture" it. Shouldn't that mean that the Forme-Specific-SMs are thus not available to all formes?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post
    The Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking Line all have Wonder Room as a BM and a MT. Also, I'm a bit confused by what you mean on Slowpoke's TM List. It says that Hidden Power and Swagger are only learnable by Slowbro, at least TM-wise. I understand that Slowking gets these moves level up and it would be illogical to buy these TM's for your Slowpoke if you planned on making it a Slowking anyway, but it is somewhat misleading. Slowpoke still has access to these two TM's, so it's false to say that these are only available for Slowbro only if I perhaps wanted to EM a perma Slowpoke. Also found in Oddish's entry, as well as presumably any other Pokémon with a split evolution branch.
    It means that Hidden Power and Swagger are only teachable for people who want to evolve their Slowpoke into Slowbro. As with all other pre-evolved Pokemon, you can teach them TM/BM/MT/SMs that their evolved forms get if you want to keep your Pokemon as a perma basic.

These moves are currently not listed in the Ultra Dex however. Obvious examples include Pokemon like Murkrow. Possible to add them in the future, but it just doesn't seem logical at this point in time. It would make the Dex look cluttered.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

Are you looking for errors on the forum Ultra Dex still? If so, Staryu/Starmie missing Brine from BW2. btw new Dex looks nice

Edit by Ataro: Staryu/Starmie gets Brine naturally, so it's not listed in TMs.
    Last edited by Ataro; 1st July 2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    But you cannot change Deoxys' Forme in URPG at will. Its Forme is set when you "capture" it. Shouldn't that mean that the Forme-Specific-SMs are thus not available to all formes?

It means that Hidden Power and Swagger are only teachable for people who want to evolve their Slowpoke into Slowbro. As with all other pre-evolved Pokemon, you can teach them TM/BM/MT/SMs that their evolved forms get if you want to keep your Pokemon as a perma basic.

These moves are currently not listed in the Ultra Dex however. Obvious examples include Pokemon like Murkrow. Possible to add them in the future, but it just doesn't seem logical at this point in time. It would make the Dex look cluttered.
    The point is that when you received the generation 3 events in Ruby/Sapphire it came in Normal Form, in FireRed it came in Attack form, in LeafGreen it came in Defense Form, and in Emerald it came in Speed Form.

Also, the new Mewtwo event started in Japan so Hurricane and Heal Pulse are SMs now.
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    Stats
    Wishlist
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post

The point is that when you received the generation 3 events in Ruby/Sapphire it came in Normal Form, in FireRed it came in Attack form, in LeafGreen it came in Defense Form, and in Emerald it came in Speed Form.
    So...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post

So...?
    That means that the LeafGreen event was for a Deoxys-Defense with Cosmic Power, the Emerald event was for a Deoxys-Speed with Cosmic Power, and the FireRed event was for a Deoxys-Attack with Recover

Also, you skipped Mewtwo's new SMs, Heal Pulse and Hurricane

Edit by Ataro: Yeah, I took a while to understand that. Fixed now!
    Last edited by Ataro; 1st July 2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Stats
    Wishlist

Last edited by Ataro; 2nd July 2013 at 03:40 AM.
    Stats
    Wishlist

...I was told by different mods and officials that since Forme changes were freely available in every generation that wasn't Gen III, I was allowed to change between Formes willingly so long as my Deoxys wasn't participating in a battle/FFA/RP/contest at that moment. The Ultra Dex version I had at the time (the one that was four pages of posts on BMG/PE2K) combined all Formes of Deoxys into a single entry and only indicated the different Formes by listing the the event SM's (and apparently now it doesn't, whoops), so I acted accordingly?

Is this ruling on Deoxys something new, or did I unwittingly use a legendary that I didn't own every time I switched Formes? cause if it's the latter, I'm going to need to forfeit money which I already spent and don't have because I don't play from, like, twelve different FFA's

(oh, yeah, this is the lurker formerly known as kai or whatever. See you guys in a year)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post

...I was told by different mods and officials that since Forme changes were freely available in every generation that wasn't Gen III, I was allowed to change between Formes willingly so long as my Deoxys wasn't participating in a battle/FFA/RP/contest at that moment. The Ultra Dex version I had at the time (the one that was four pages of posts on BMG/PE2K) combined all Formes of Deoxys into a single entry and only indicated the different Formes by listing the the event SM's (and apparently now it doesn't, whoops), so I acted accordingly?

Is this ruling on Deoxys something new, or did I unwittingly use a legendary that I didn't own every time I switched Formes? cause if it's the latter, I'm going to need to forfeit money which I already spent and don't have because I don't play from, like, twelve different FFA's

(oh, yeah, this is the lurker formerly known as kai or whatever. See you guys in a year)
    You used to be able, but not anymore. The final ruling was to be that each forme would be decided and non-changable (bar those that are allowed to change formes with an item that's available in the PokeMart) once captured. You don't have to forfeit, just decide on a forme now.

Bitch be trippin' balls! PokeViper's Avatar

After looking at Venomoth I saw a few things

Skill Swap is listed as a TM and MT
    It learns Tailwind, Ominous Wind, and Twister via MT in Gen IV.

I

Edit by Ataro: Skill Swap is listed as a TM and an illegal BM in italics, which is correct. The missing MTs are now fixed.
    Last edited by Ataro; 24th July 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks EternusSitus
    click for my URPG

Blog Entries

Eevee gets Sing now.

Edit: yeah the Eevee page says it's a broken link on the calc

Edit by Ataro: Added.
    Last edited by Ataro; 24th July 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast