If you've read the guidelines from last game, you should read again. I've changed a few of them.
Here is the Wikipedia article on the game.
Here are Smogon's terms of Mafia.
Please read/skim through one of the provided links before joining the game, or have me explain the game to you.
Here's short summary:
Mafia, a psychologically-themed game, is quite a popular party activity of cooperation; it is literally a game of the people who are informed against the people who aren't informed. This game has its own metagame - which includes techniques based on deception, truces, and lying.
This mafia game is designated for URPG members only! If you wanna play, you better sign up and be constantly active!
For a little spice, roles will be Pokemon themed. (Note: Many of the roles will vary greatly from the previous setup!)
1. Mafia wins if it outnumbers the villagers.
Villagers win with Mafia and Rogue(s) eliminated.
Rogue(s) wins if all villagers are eliminated.
(If the Rogue(s) and the Mafia both fulfill their agendas, they would both win. In lingo terms, this is considered a "joint victory".)
2.Each day will be 48 hours long. Each night will be 24 hours long.
Night 0 will occur first, opening at 0:00 GMT-5 (21:00 GMT-8) and Day 1 will occur after on 0:00 GMT-5.
Just before the first night, I'll send ya'll roles PMs.
3. At day, you are allowed to vote No Lynch.
4. Once you are out of the game, you may not post on this thread nor contact the current roster over the topic of PokeMafia any other way. You can be reported from infraction.
5. Stay active, or be godkilled. <--Normally ruins any game
6. Once the game starts, you can not refer to this game via VMs. Please keep all conversation within PMs, this thread, or AIM.
7. NO TALKING AT NIGHT! Please communicate instead via AIM or PM.
8. If you are to ever change your name on the duration of this game, please notify me!
9. Want to falsify a role? PM me for a fabrication.
10. Screenshots may not be used within this thread.
11. If you become idle or inactive too long in the game unintentionally, I will have a sub ready to replace you.
12. Lastly, if you're not playing Mafia, you better not be posting here!
3. We Taste Pies...
8. Coasting Wingull
11. Black and Yellow (Formerly Turtwig's A-B-Cs)
12. Morru Magnum
18. Scourge of Nemo
21. Legendary Master
22. Dark Dragonic Knight
28. Knight of Shadows
(Once game starts, PM me if you wanna sign up as a substitute)
This is an example of a Role PM
You are Haunter. You are a frightening and scary looking ghost Pokemon with a creepy purple hue. Unlike your appearance, you are quite a good and cunning Pokemon and you are teamed with the Village. Every night, you may send to me a PM saying "Stalk [Username]". By stalking this target, you'll figure out who they've got in touch with over the night. The description of what they've done will not be revealed. The target you decide to stalk will be notified at the end of night that they felt something strange following their tracks.
Your role is valuable and important for the survival of the village. You and the village will win if the last survivors of the game are villagers.
The more you figure out about the secrets of the village and the mafia, the more you will be convinced to switch sides often. You may just figure that being part of the mafia is more advantageous than dying with the village or the other way around. I will notify you if you have the urge to switch sides, you may either decline or accept the offer.
Once a person has died, their role PM will be revealed to the entire game in this thread. The lines below the "---" border would sometimes.. mysteriously vanish...