URPG Black/White Discussion - Page 3

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: URPG Black/White Discussion

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Default Re: URPG Black/White Discussion

nah foo nah

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    As much as I never would have said this even a week ago, I agree completely with this because of how Black and White have ruined, imbalanced, and destroyed Pokémon. THE ONLY TRUE POKéMON ARE THOSE FROM BULBASAUR TO ARCEUS!

~rants~

I don't feel like going into too much detail here & now, but I will say that Perversion + Leaf Storm is WAY TOO OVERPOWERED, and Butterfly Dance, Gear Change, V-Generate, and raising 3 stats at all is very overpowered. DO THEY NEED A STRONGER DRAGON DANCE?
    Wow, that just sounds stupid. The game's changed before, and it's changing again. Remember when the "Metagame" consisted of a team of Charizard, Tauros and some other High-Attack Pokemon? Or when the Advanced Generation came out and people actually began caring about EV's and IV's? Oh and let's not forget when when D/P was announced, you don't think people reacted the same way when they found out Physical and Special wasn't going to be based purely on type?

Point is, the game evolves, which last I checked; that's one of the highlights of Pokemon. Every generation, some Pokemon get new tools to play with, and some Pokemon get chewed to bits. You can either be bitter and complain about how things used to be, completely missing the point of Pokemon. Or, you can get over it and instead of crying over how "Over-powered" everything is, start enjoying the damn game. Besides, it's not like you won't also have access to Butterfly Dance, Gear Change, and all of these other moves and abilities too.

[/Longer Rant]

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
    Wow, that just sounds stupid. The game's changed before, and it's changing again. Remember when the "Metagame" consisted of a team of Charizard, Tauros and some other High-Attack Pokemon? Or when the Advanced Generation came out and people actually began caring about EV's and IV's? Oh and let's not forget when when D/P was announced, you don't think people reacted the same way when they found out Physical and Special wasn't going to be based purely on type?

Point is, the game evolves, which last I checked; that's one of the highlights of Pokemon. Every generation, some Pokemon get new tools to play with, and some Pokemon get chewed to bits. You can either be bitter and complain about how things used to be, completely missing the point of Pokemon. Or, you can get over it and instead of crying over how "Over-powered" everything is, start enjoying the damn game. Besides, it's not like you won't also have access to Butterfly Dance, Gear Change, and all of these other moves and abilities too.

[/Longer Rant]
    Ash is just sour that his Dragon's aren't the only thing with a powerful stat booster ;)

Just as the pokemon world ages, so do the pokemon that inhabit it. They learn new moves, gain new abilities, and ultimately become more useful. As new pokemon come to our knowledge, obviously they can't just all be below what we once had. No, they must stand a fair chance against the reigning kings of the previous Gen. Such as the pokemon change, so must we. We must adapt to the unknown and figure things out as we go. I know change is difficult, but once you get passed the fact that change is happening, you will realize that things are still the same pokemon we know and love. Every mon has a weakness. Every mon can be countered. Don't neglect the future; embrace it and use it to your own advantage.

/end motivational speech

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Ash is just sour that his Dragon's aren't the only thing with a powerful stat booster ;)

Just as the pokemon world ages, so do the pokemon that inhabit it. They learn new moves, gain new abilities, and ultimately become more useful. As new pokemon come to our knowledge, obviously they can't just all be below what we once had. No, they must stand a fair chance against the reigning kings of the previous Gen. Such as the pokemon change, so must we. We must adapt to the unknown and figure things out as we go. I know change is difficult, but once you get passed the fact that change is happening, you will realize that things are still the same pokemon we know and love. Every mon has a weakness. Every mon can be countered. Don't neglect the future; embrace it and use it to your own advantage.

/end motivational speech
    I LOVE FIRE BUG AND HOW IT GETS BUTTERFRY DANCE AND FEIR DANCE!! AND MORNING WOOD!

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    As much as I never would have said this even a week ago, I agree completely with this because of how Black and White have ruined, imbalanced, and destroyed Pokémon. THE ONLY TRUE POKéMON ARE THOSE FROM BULBASAUR TO ARCEUS!

~rants~

I don't feel like going into too much detail here & now, but I will say that Perversion + Leaf Storm is WAY TOO OVERPOWERED, and Butterfly Dance, Gear Change, V-Generate, and raising 3 stats at all is very overpowered. DO THEY NEED A STRONGER DRAGON DANCE?
    They didnt need Dragon Dance.

As for the true Pokemon: Bulbasaur to Mew.

Blog Entries

I can't wait to make use of the new auto-crit moves.
    Going to be great to take down those clefables and starmies that sit in the back and cosmic power.
    Clear fog is going to be great for that too. And don't forget the moves that ignore stat changes!
    Challenge the Snowpoint Gym and get iced!

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Bulbasaur to Mew.
    Now THAT is true. But the new pokemon are good, we can't just close our eyes to improvement and achivement. We dont want to be old cranky men. Have an open mind. Yes 3 stat increases is a big leap but we can deal with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitex View Post
    Now THAT is true. But the new pokemon are good, we can't just close our eyes to improvement and achivement. We dont want to be old cranky men. Have an open mind. Yes 3 stat increases is a big leap but we can deal with it.
    I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting not including gen 5, but well said nontheless :D
    Challenge the Snowpoint Gym and get iced!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

There are no real Pokemon.

*facepalm*
    after all that?
    really?

i think perhaps for the first gym that we perhaps make it so, that the leader has 12 mons instead of 10 as already suggested then, the gym leader must have 4 of fire water and grass and then they can choose what type they use depending on the opponents stats but the gym leader doesnt have to tell until the begining of the battle after each person has chosen their mons and sent to the ref

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    i think perhaps for the first gym that we perhaps make it so, that the leader has 12 mons instead of 10 as already suggested then, the gym leader must have 4 of fire water and grass and then they can choose what type they use depending on the opponents stats but the gym leader doesnt have to tell until the begining of the battle after each person has chosen their mons and sent to the ref
    Thats actually not a bad idea. You're suggesting that the battle must be revo, and gym leader send a team of either grass, fire or water to the ref, without telling his opponent which?

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    There are no real Pokemon.

The images in the spoiler beg to differ.

notice how all of those are 1st gen. thus proving somebody's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Thats actually not a bad idea. You're suggesting that the battle must be revo, and gym leader send a team of either grass, fire or water to the ref, without telling his opponent which?
    yes that is exactly what i am suggesting, and the gym leader decides what type out of the fire water and grass that they use depending on the challengers stats

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast