URPG Black/White Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: URPG Black/White Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Black/White Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    well ive been playing my pokemon black its in japanese and been getting slight translations. i just want to say that the first gym is gonna be hard for us to do in the urpg i will explain in the spoiler if you dont want this information on pokemon black first gym then dont look.
    Nah, just make sure whoever wants the Gym has at least 6 Water, Fire, and Grass Mon, and before each battle they can pick which Type the Gym will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    Nah, just make sure whoever wants the Gym has at least 6 Water, Fire, and Grass Mon, and before each battle they can pick which Type the Gym will be.
    There's quite a few different ways we could do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sota View Post
    DI think there could maybe be an item that you could buy to get the abilities for your mons, that allows you to 'travel' to the dreamworld or something.

...Like a bed? Lol. But yea, the first gym won't be difficult to do, just difficult choosing which way to do it. Luckily for not-in-power-peeps like me, we don't have to worry about that :'D

And yea, first two mon I'm getting is fire/bug, then fire/ghost. Already have plots planned out for them and everything. And next two are dark/ground, and electric zebra, which I've already started a story and got one mon from it so far, (just keep going in the series, then when B/W comes out, BAM, already done and ready to go :'P )

Blog Entries

Stop touchin' my property!

My picks will be posted in the form that I find cutest.

Edit: As for the 1st gym. I was thinking, since we have Mossdeep, which is a 2-on-2 gym, why not make the 1st Isshu gym a Triple Battle Gym? As an added rule, the gym leader has to use 1 Fire, 1 Water, and 1 Grass in the battle. See? Now we can have our Napoletian Cake and eat it too. ^_^ (Plus, you don't have to worry about type-advantage so much, because you got a mon to cover it, as long as you position them properly)
    Last edited by Nyurgh; 26th September 2010 at 10:28 PM.

Blog Entries

In the game, you only face one of the Gym Leaders, and thus only face one Type (whichever is strong against your Starter). You don't face all three of them. We need to take that into mind when deciding how to do the first Gym.

We COULD always have three Leaders for the first Gym like in the game. Perhaps the active Leader could rotate every month? For one, that opens up a few slots for prospective Leaders and it lets them lead a Gym without having to constantly worry about challengers or losing the Gym because of inactivity. Of course this means for two months they can't defend the Gym, so perhaps this would be best used for people who don't have time to run a Gym full-time?

Or maybe we can rotate the Leader every week? Then again, no matter if we change Leaders every week or every month, people would need to keep track of three Leaders for one Gym. As it is now it's sometimes hard to find out who owns a Gym without lurking the Gym Leaders thread; this problem would be worse for a Gym with three possible Leaders.

Or we could have one gym leader who before every every challenge has to state which type of mons he will use. Either that or the leader WONT say, and you have to wait until first mon sent to see which type he will be using.

Just throwing something out
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

Rotating gym leaders seems like a bad idea. For one thing, it's like adding 2 more gyms when there will be 40 already not counting the orange islands. On top of that, it reduces the prestige of being the gym leader of that gym, because there would be two others that also are.

Maybe:

The gym battle has to be either 3v3 or 6v6. If 3v3, they use one of each type (grass, water and fire), and if 6v6 they use two of each type.

dunno about that but it could work.

EDIT:

Maybe we could have them have 12 total potential pokemon in their roster rather then the usual 10, so it's divisible by 3?
    So like, they could have 4 of each type so they could mix and match a little bit depending on specific battles. They couldn't have like, 8 water pokemon, 2 grass and 2 fire though, it'd have to be a reasonably even distribution.
    Challenge the Snowpoint Gym and get iced!

Can we just exclude B/W from the URPG?

what if the gym leaders get to choose what type to defend, so people can apply for it whether they want a grass gym, a fire gym or a water gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Lan View Post

dont think thats an option tbh :P
    everything would be so much easier if we could though
    Last edited by ayotui; 28th September 2010 at 01:25 PM.

What if we take the gym leader..AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Spongebob reference
    LOLOLOLOL, OMG PIDGE, I'm pretty sure I just fell in love with you JUST because of that.

But, NO, we must include B/W, if not for the rest of everybody then at least for fire mons everywhere. Look at them, sad and lonely in your stats, just waiting for other abilities and attacks, and fellow fire mons like themselves to stand up, and change their secondary type!

(However, Pidge's idea is brilliant)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    What if we take the gym leader..AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

WHY IS FISH IN BACK

GROUND?

oh and i want doggy mon
    Last edited by Feng; 28th September 2010 at 06:28 PM.

I hate RPs. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by derian View Post
    Maybe we could have them have 12 total potential pokemon in their roster rather then the usual 10, so it's divisible by 3?
    So like, they could have 4 of each type so they could mix and match a little bit depending on specific battles. They couldn't have like, 8 water pokemon, 2 grass and 2 fire though, it'd have to be a reasonably even distribution.
    I was thinking about doing something like this. I don't really know how the gym works, but three leaders, probably not going to fly. Possibly the triple battle thing that Nyurgh mentioned, but it kinda confuses me.

Also spongebob is win. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lan View Post

As much as I never would have said this even a week ago, I agree completely with this because of how Black and White have ruined, imbalanced, and destroyed Pokémon. THE ONLY TRUE POKéMON ARE THOSE FROM BULBASAUR TO ARCEUS!

~rants~

I don't feel like going into too much detail here & now, but I will say that Perversion + Leaf Storm is WAY TOO OVERPOWERED, and Butterfly Dance, Gear Change, V-Generate, and raising 3 stats at all is very overpowered. DO THEY NEED A STRONGER DRAGON DANCE?
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast