URPG Black/White Discussion

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: URPG Black/White Discussion

Default URPG Black/White Discussion

PE2K has a thread so WE WANT ONE TOO.

Discuss Pokemon Black and White for URPG here. All the pokemons stats and movesets are available at multiple sites so you know, look them up. We probably won't have any changes in URPG until after the US release but everybody likes speculation!

I'll start it off...Dreamworld. Dreamworld gives almsot every pokemon a new ability in B/W (Ex. Drought Ninetales and Speed Boost Blaziken), which makes for more versatility. How should we handle this in URPG?

URPG

On her path.

Trophies

Default Re: URPG Black/White Discussion

I was chatting to Ataro about that one, he suggested that Dreamworld abilities could possibly be taught to Pokemon in the Daycare. Other suggestions I've heard is to make it a battle clause, where all Pokemon must use their Dreamworld ability (if they have one).

Lol, fire mons rape in this gen. Fire/bug with butterfly dance and fire dance, fire/ghost with CRAZY sp.att., fire/fighting pig starter with boiling water, LOLOL, plus the new abilities. I'm looking forward to the new gen, A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    I was chatting to Ataro about that one, he suggested that Dreamworld abilities could possibly be taught to Pokemon in the Daycare. Other suggestions I've heard is to make it a battle clause, where all Pokemon must use their Dreamworld ability (if they have one).
    Dreamworld abilities COULD be put into the daycare, but I mean...it doesn't really make sense. It's the daycare.

And that battle clause is just silly, you should slap who ever made that suggestion. URPG lets you use all your moves, I think you should be able to use all your abilities too (not switch it during a battle but you know what I'm saying). That's way too restricting. You might want a DW ability on one mon but not the next.

I think there could maybe be an item that you could buy to get the abilities for your mons, that allows you to 'travel' to the dreamworld or something. Once we know more about it we could find a good name or premise for the item...or we could create a thread for it. Either way I don't think getting dreamworld abilities should be difficult.

Fire types definitely got some focus put on them this generation, they deserved it.
    Last edited by Sota; 23rd September 2010 at 11:17 PM.

URPG

On her path.

I say Dreamworld should either be free, or pretty freakin' easy to get. I mean, it's not like a Blaziken with Speed Boost or a Gyarados with Overconfidence or an Eccentric Ditto is unbeatable, why should we have to jump through hoops to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
    I say Dreamworld should either be free, or pretty freakin' easy to get. I mean, it's not like a Blaziken with Speed Boost or a Gyarados with Overconfidence or an Eccentric Ditto is unbeatable, why should we have to jump through hoops to get them?
    It should be similar to the amount of effort that is put in in the games.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

So, like, I'd have to catch a Munna/Musharna to get Dream World abilities? I wouldn't mind that actually, maybe like, a one-time purchase to unlock all abilities or something? Either way, it makes sense, its easy, and still requires a bit of effort.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

URPG Snoozing area. Pay $5000 to go to sleep. Wake up a day later and the Pokemon of your choice has its dream world ability! Or basically it could be an extension of the Daycare. Maybe something like that, idk.

The final stage of the fire starter sucks. Just saying

I like this legend:

Here are the guys I probably plan on getting (in no order):

Last edited by Pidge; 27th January 2011 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    URPG Snoozing area. Pay $5000 to go to sleep. Wake up a day later and the Pokemon of your choice has its dream world ability! Or basically it could be an extension of the Daycare. Maybe something like that, idk.
    Lol you suck Sigma because that is a pretty good idea. In the games I think you go to sleep in someone's bed and that's how you get to the Dream World. Perhaps we could put the bed in the daycare center.

I'M GETTIN THIS HOT ASS MOTHERFUCKER:
    Last edited by Sota; 24th September 2010 at 12:23 AM.

URPG

On her path.

Blog Entries

A battle clause could work.
    Not like, "everyone has to use their dream world ability" but it'd be like, you can choose to if you want, just like how you already choose the ability.
    It could be like how we already have rules, R/B, R/S, D/P, and then B/W, which would allow dream world abilities.
    Challenge the Snowpoint Gym and get iced!

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by derian View Post
    A battle clause could work.
    Not like, "everyone has to use their dream world ability" but it'd be like, you can choose to if you want, just like how you already choose the ability.
    It could be like how we already have rules, R/B, R/S, D/P, and then B/W, which would allow dream world abilities.
    B/W rules may differ from D/P rules, so we'd probably have to just make it a clause.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I think that a clause or the daycare idea could work well.

What about triple and rotational battles? Are we going to implement them into the URPG?

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    I think that a clause or the daycare idea could work well.

What about triple and rotational battles? Are we going to implement them into the URPG?
    We have FFAs in URPG, so it's safe to say if a ref wanted to he could ref a triple battle even before B/W came out. GF released a TON of new moves placing emphasis on triple battles so they probably have lots of rules that we'd have to specify and junk.

Rotation battles are probably gonna get added officially too. Again, if a ref wanted to he could probably ref a rotation battle right now.

URPG

On her path.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sota View Post
    We have FFAs in URPG, so it's safe to say if a ref wanted to he could ref a triple battle even before B/W came out. GF released a TON of new moves placing emphasis on triple battles so they probably have lots of rules that we'd have to specify and junk.

Rotation battles are probably gonna get added officially too. Again, if a ref wanted to he could probably ref a rotation battle right now.
    I agree that Dream World Abilities should be obtained through the Daycare. We can always add an extension called Rest Area or something.

A ref could...if we knew exactly how they work, which we don't. We could always make something up for the parts we know nothing of, but from what I know of the URPG, we don't just make stuff up so people can have things lol.

Rotational Battles sounds like it'll be awesome if it works out the way I assume it does. Hello, deeper strategy!

well ive been playing my pokemon black its in japanese and been getting slight translations. i just want to say that the first gym is gonna be hard for us to do in the urpg i will explain in the spoiler if you dont want this information on pokemon black first gym then dont look.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast