The URPG Art Forum - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The URPG Art Forum

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: The URPG Art Forum

Just wanna say that the phrase "story bitches" caused me to burst out laughing during a lecture. Cheers Monbrey.

EDIT: Posting for TED:

@Kai-Mei

I LOVE YOU. Post the official thread on pe2k once it's ready to be launched. ^_^
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Just wanna say that the phrase "story bitches" caused me to burst out laughing during a lecture. Cheers Monbrey.
    You're welcome ^.^

I had yet another couple of thoughts:

Multiple Captures. In regards to the Charizard banner in Kai's post - it has Salamence too. So what are the points worth? 45 towards a capture of either Charizard or Salamence? 45 to both? Split points, 22.5 each? Or could we leave it as the artists decision, such as "This is for Charizard" or "Split the points for both please!"

Excess Points. I'm on 195/200 for my Charizard, but I'm too proud to spend 3 seconds scribbling in Paint, so I submit something worth 80 points. I've got 275/200 for Charizard. What's the +75 worth? Charizard comes with a couple of TM's? Transfer to another Pokemon, following some form of criteria, like must be of the same rank, or must be another Fire type?

Don't have a lot to say on how this is shaping up, except that it looks awesome.
    Monbrey likes this.

In essence, I like this a lot. However, I think it's being made a bit more complicated than it needs to be. There are also a few quirks that might not work well when put into practice.

Firstly, I think the requirement to draw/paint/graphically design/or sculpt the same Pokemon over and over again until you capture is a bit daunting. Especially for someone who struggles with art. They would have to make a Charizard a bazillion times to catch it. I think a better way to promote activity and enjoyment (and creativity), is to allow the member to make whatever they like as long as the Pokemon theme is (somehow) involved. Yeah, the plagiarism thing is shippy, but the same risk is taken with stories. Anyone caught cheating is usually smacked with a ban, be it temporary or permanent. You could also require a screenshot, or photo scan of the piece of work when it is only half completed for verification purposes.

This means someone could draw whatever they like, and still collect points. The point method I was referring to, however, would work similar to money. The URPGer would be required to keep track of their points in their stats, and then spend them however they see fit. This however, would require a place to cash them in. A thread could be made in the Art section that would be similar to the PokeMart, however, it would list all the Pokemon and their point values instead. And thus, in having a store, you would need purchases to be approved; this would prevent cheating and abuse.

This brings us to the issue of someone just making a hundred two-minute 5 point drawings and trying to buy a Volcarona. :P Each rank could have conditions assigned to it, such as:

-Easiest > 25 points
    -Simple > 50 points
    --Requires at least one piece of art worth x amount of points
    -Medium > 75 points
    --Requires at least two pieces of art worth x amount of points
    -Hard > 100 points
    --Requires at least three pieces of art worth x amount of points, and one piece worth y amount of points
    and etc. until v
    v
    v
    v
    -Stupefying > 500 points
    --Requires a bunch of shat and z amount of points

It should, however be required that the Pokemon being purchased has been drawn by the customer at least once. Perhaps it, too, needs to have been worth so many points.

The second thing I have some gripes with, is that a 100 point maximum for a single piece is too high. Especially considering you have the highest mon-level attainable listed at 500 points. This means, theoretically, someone could pull a Porygon-Z capture off in 5 pieces of art. Another problem with this, is that in using increments of 1, there could be a huge variation of opinion from judge to judge. One judge could say the image is worth 50 points, and the other could think it was worth 75. The difference is that of an entire level. As mentioned many times already, art is subjective. And unless you are going to allow the artist to go back and edit their piece like you can in stories, there needs to be much less variation when it comes to critiquing.

The following things are a constant that every quality drawing will have:

-A focal point
    -foreground/background (depth)
    -light source
    -shading/colors (whether ROYGBIV or black and white)
    -Balance

A better and more consistent way to judge an image, and keep it consistent from critic to critic is to use some, or all of these as categories. You could value them at 5 points a piece, leaving the maximum point gain 25 points.

For instance: (I'll use some of my own shiz as well for clarification. v_v)

Focal: 3/5
    - A focal point is what captures your immediate attention. i.e. Where is your eye drawn to? If the picture is complete chaos, or there is no point to the image depth, then there will likely be no focal point; thus resulting in a 0/5.

I gave myself 3/5 because while the light-source draws the eye to Salamence's face, the shatty fire is way too bright and distorts it. The eye is drawn to two places, leaving the actual focal unclear.

Depth: 2/5
    -The visual perception of the first and second dimension. If someone here can make 3D shiz, then all power to them. XD Not to be confused with shading.

I did some kind of smoke/grassy crap that looks sort of like the dragon is flying through from somewhere in the distance, but it's not enough to create a clear picture of what was happening around it.

This has no background or foreground, and would receive a 0/5

This, however, has clear depth and would probably get a 4 or 5/5

Light Source: 3/5
    -Where the light is coming from, and is it moving in a clear and constant direction.

The light source is clearly the fire, however, it is utilized inconsistently across the Salamence. At some points it is coming from above, and others from below. The light isn't used realistically with the fire and its placement doesn't make much sense.

Here the light source, being the moon, is used much more naturally. The light hits at proper angles.

Something one dimensional would unlikely have a light source at all, which would result in a 0/5.

Shading: 3/5
    -Creating the illusion of the third dimension.

Mostly the tints were used properly to make the creatures limbs and face pop. As touched on in the light source bit, though, some of the shades are unrealistic.

Something with no shading, and the use of only one tint of the color (whether an actual color, or simply pencil), would result in a 0/5.

Balance: 4/5
    -The arrangement. Is everything proportional? (Or purposely asymmetrical?)

The dragon's head is larger, as it is the foremost body part, and its shape shrinks progressively to allude distance. It is somewhat realistic but the wings seem to be a bit off.

If components like rocks/trees/grass/ etc are drawn, then the balance of the image would be affected by these as well.

So with this image I gave myself 15 points. I was a bit more harsh on my own junk than I would be on someone else's, but I wanted to use the points to help signify my explanations below. It'd also be really lame if I was just like RAWR, ALL MY STUFF IS WORTH A MILLION POINTS. I GIVE MYSELF A LUGIA, HURR.

But anyway, the same concept could be used in graphics, though the criteria would lean more towards things like flow and style as opposed to balance and shading. Drawing is often more time-consuming than graphics, so perhaps the possible point gain should be adjusted to each medium accordingly. There should also be some implementation for originality, and creativity, whether as an extra category or a bonus.

So I think those are all my thoughts on this v_v. Do with them as you may.

@_@

P.S. Here is my separate color response thingy; I did read all yer post, Kai. :3
    Last edited by EmBreon; 5th March 2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: I can't type. :D

urpg

Nothing
    Blog Entries

Looks great, Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    @Kai-Mei

Kai, I like this idea :D I think we should do something like we do for grades but, with like, Creativity, Effort, and then other things based on the actual artwork.
    Can you really judge effort, though? I mean sure, you can probably tell when someone is trolling, but aside from that? The example I'll give is I want to earn a Scraggy, but I'm bad at drawing and don't have any artistic programs. Still, the Park is too expensive and getting a story graded can take ages, so I decide to draw a picture instead. It takes me a few hours and doesn't look fantastic, but I'm proud of it. I've even turned off my music to concentrate and make sure all the pixels are filled in. I submit it, and then a Curator gives me a 6/10 for Effort. There would either be rage or a complete dismissal of the Art board.

Don't get me wrong, I like the overall idea, I'm just not sure that "Effort" should be one of the gradable attributes. Maybe when a person submits a piece of artwork, they should list all utilities they used in creating it and people with better software get graded a bit harsher. That way people who only have basic software are put on the same level as someone with a lightboard, scanner and Adobe SuperMegaDrawingPlus Software 15.43(c).

I thought we could address Effort (and perhaps Originality, honestly) as a pass/fail sort of thing-- either you get full credit or not. Really, it would only exist to deter people from drawing things like that Charizard above and trying to get away with it. Obviously, due to the nature of the category in general, and how the points would be distributed, it wouldn't be worth more than, say, five or ten points to prevent abuse and whining about effort and stuff... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Firstly, FUCK YEAH CHARIZARD!

Thought I'd submit some art of my own. What score would I get? ^.^

As for the Art Critic/Grader idea, I think it's definitely important. Whoever awards the points to the artist should give some sort of explanation why they gave the score they did. At the same time, we'd have to come up with some sort of criteria for who is eligble to crtique art. Personally I'd be happy to and would enjoy scoring computer-based art, photoshop, 3D modelling etc, however I can't see myself being able to pass a test that covers painting and drawing, and I would steer away from scoring paintings etc. I guess it's similar to a grader who might steer away from grading grimdark if they prefer rainbows and puppydogs, however they can still pass the same test as far as grammar etc goes. It's still the English language. Art is a lot more varied.

EDIT: Another thought, we'd have to be careful of abuse. It's mostly common sense though. I completely realise that not everyone is a spectacular artist, and I like the idea that a crappy picture will still earn you some small amount of points. Using the Charizard example, something terrible earning me 5 of the 200 required seems reasonable. However if I draw 40 terrifically bad pictures, am I really entitled to a Charizard? At some point the grader would have to step back and say "Unless you produce some higher quality work I wont be awarding you any more points." I don't write many stories because I'm not a good writer. I'm a good ref, so I got rich and paid story bitches to get me my Pokemon.

I guess my point is: If you can't produce art at all, don't try and capture a Pokemon through art.
    THEY WERE VERY NICE, BUT THEY TOOK UP TOO MUCH SPACE TO REQUOTE. AND YEAH. THAT WAS TOTALLY ON PURPOSE THAT I DID A CHARIZARD... HEH. Although I'd like to put forth the idea here that with 3D works, people put something of theirs in the picture that we can identify as theirs to prove that they didn't just nab some cool pictures from the internet. I know that you didn't, but that's what I did with the pipe cleaners, sooo...

I'm honestly not sure how to address the whole medium split here, because frankly, it's difficult. I certainly can't judge computer stuff in a satisfactory manner, either, so that's like OH, COOL, HALF AN ARM MISSING RIGHT THERE. The problem with limiting the judges to categories, though, is that it sort of limits the participants-- you'll do computer-based art, photoshop, and that other thing you mentioned, I'll do some artsy drawing thing, and then some kid will come along with pottery and think that since we haven't made a category for it, they can't do it. Or something. We can't make everyone do something, either, although we could sort of just have the art judging people only critique works that they feel confident in critiquing -- sort of a self-imposed thingy?

I mean, that crappy Charizard literally took three minutes and forty seven seconds to draw. I timed myself 'cause I was bored. Point being, if they really want to spend two and a half hours meticulously drawing forty Charizard that can be considered different to a judge who is getting more and more impatient each time, they can do so. Or we could just say that for every score that is below X points (like, something ridiculously low-- perhaps 15), the needed requirements double or something ridiculously high. Perhaps not double, because that's hardly fair, but at least increase by a number large enough to discourage trolls and still allow less experienced artists room to have fun.

You're welcome ^.^

I had yet another couple of thoughts:

Multiple Captures. In regards to the Charizard banner in Kai's post - it has Salamence too. So what are the points worth? 45 towards a capture of either Charizard or Salamence? 45 to both? Split points, 22.5 each? Or could we leave it as the artists decision, such as "This is for Charizard" or "Split the points for both please!"

Excess Points. I'm on 195/200 for my Charizard, but I'm too proud to spend 3 seconds scribbling in Paint, so I submit something worth 80 points. I've got 275/200 for Charizard. What's the +75 worth? Charizard comes with a couple of TM's? Transfer to another Pokemon, following some form of criteria, like must be of the same rank, or must be another Fire type?
    ...eh. I suppose it would be a stacking thing like in stories, where someone wanting to get both Salamence and Charizard would then have to get the combined value -- so Demanding + Merciless would be 500, and the single artwork would be contributed like normal to the shared pool, just like characters are in stories/park. I honestly didn't mean to have both of them in there; I just sorta googled "charizard banner" and clicked the first thing that was decent... ;D

As for the excess points, I sort of see it as what one would do with excess characters in the park/stories or excess mons left alive in a battle. Basically, no bonus or anything. In the end, you chose how much effort you put into it; if you put in extra effort on your point scale, that's because you wanted to. Look at it this way -- if you spend a bunch of time setting up for a sweep so you only use one Pokemon in a battle, or if you write forty thousand characters over the suggested limits in the park/story section, that makes you feel all warm and fluffy and happy inside. You do not, however, get to revive your Pokemon or let that excess character count go anywhere else. I'd suggest that you make another good picture, and I'd applaud you for doing another piece, but I don't think that the rollover could go anywhere. Perhaps TM's, maybe, to discourage people from just spam finishing their points off with bad things on paint (like, every extra 5 points --> 1k in TM's, but only from one piece per capture?), but I foresee transferring as getting super messy.

GLAD YOU ARE ALL EXCITED.

AGH EMMA I LOVE YOU FOR READING THIS ALL BUT I AM TIRED AND WILL ANSWER MOAR IN THE MORNING 'R SOMETHING. SORRY. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NINJA'ING ME... BY ALMOST HALF AN HOUR...

Trophies

I'm not quoting all of the above XD

@EmBreon

I'm torn between two things here. Yes, having to draw lots of one Pokemon seems a bit stupid, but at the same time I do feel like just drawing anything Pokemon related shouldn't earn you any Pokemon you want. Which makes me wonder if the accumulative points system is the right way to go. I know the whole idea of being able to award small amounts of points for crappy drawings is good, but would you give someone a Pokemon for writing three bad stories instead of one? Maybe we should just be grading the piece as you, and say if it's a capture or not. To return to what I said earlier - not everyone can write or roleplay, and not everyone will be able to draw.

Also, while that is an awesome drawing and I like the way you've graded it, your grade somewhat only reflects drawing. I don't know a lot about art, but I can't help but feel if we have to grade everything by a specific criteria then some art simply cant fill all of them. Take the photos of my models. There's no relevant background, and the light source probably isn't ideal, but my art is the model itself, not the photography.

@Kai-Mei

I wasn't exactly suggesting we have distinct categories. I only meant that, if I was an Art Critic or whatever you want to call the job, I probably wouldn't be scoring the paintings. But when someone posts computer graphics, I'd feel comfortable enough to grade it. Emma did a great job grading the drawing, but like I said, it probably wouldn't suit what I posted, so she'd be better off grading drawings.

I guess I support the "bad art for small points" in theory. Perhaphs we should dictate that depending on the level of the Pokemon, all pieces must have a minimum score. You cant get a Porygon with 5 point pieces. Magikarp is fine though.

Im not suggesting Stupefying requires all 100 point pieces. Maybe 50 or something though
    Last edited by Monbrey; 5th March 2012 at 12:41 AM.

@Kai-Mei: HOW DARE YOU. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

And Monbrey, why not? People can write about whatever they want in stories, why can't they draw whatever they want in art? Yeah the story needs to involve the intended Pokemon to capture at some point, but it doesn't have to be ALL about that Pokemon. That's why I said that, yes, you need at least one drawing of that Pokemon, but I don't see why all of the images would need to be of it.

I know the whole idea of being able to award small amounts of points for crappy drawings is good, but would you give someone a Pokemon for writing three bad stories instead of one?
    Pretty sure I said that it wasn't good (At least not for things at higher levels). With this bit right here:

This brings us to the issue of someone just making a hundred two-minute 5 point drawings and trying to buy a Volcarona. :P Each rank could have conditions assigned to it, such as:

-Easiest > 25 points
    -Simple > 50 points
    --Requires one piece of art worth x amount of points
    -Medium > 75 points
    --Requires two pieces of art worth x amount of points
    -Hard > 100 points
    --Requires three pieces of art worth x amount of points, and one piece worth y amount of points
    and etc. until v
    v
    v
    v
    -Stupefying > 500 points
    --Requires a bunch of shat and z amount of points
    Perhaps I should have been clearer and said 'Requires at least those pieces of art worth so many points' though, *Goes back and edits*

As for the grade only affecting the drawing, yes. Different categories would need to be implemented for the different mediums, but there should still be consistency between the judging. And not just a random estimate of points. Each craft has clear technique and can be "graded" some way or another.

*Feels like she sounds rude* Insert happy emoticons----->
    Last edited by EmBreon; 5th March 2012 at 01:08 AM.

urpg

Trophies

So uhh just to be clear... why ARE we using the points system. I'm not against it, but why did we choose to use it?

Because Kai said she wanted to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urpg

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Just wanna point out that some of that stuff Emma talked about (like lighting and background / foreground to an extent) isn't possible (or at least, very impractical) with low-level programs like Paint. My worry here is everyone will get carried away with inventing new ways to judge art and forget the penniless newbie.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

You could make artists show work in progress screen caps maybe? Then you wouldn't have to worry so much about taking pics from the net and such. You could do it with almost any medium. And they wouldn't necessarily have to be posted with the artwork, but they would need to be linked to. Sort of like how Monbrey did those shots of his papercraft as he completed it.

Edit: And in the Park, extra characters actually give you a better capture rate, so excess does help there. I'm not really sure it can be applied here though, unless you want to allow artists to keep the extra points (like a cash in system in general?). It would be like buying things with money.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

I'm going to pretend I've been here all along.

Kolour for Kai.

I wasn't really too fond of the point system at first either, but after reading over some of Kai's and Emma's posts, I'm much more open to it now. I have fuzzily warm smiley feelings about where this is heading and I feel like it could work. I think having to purchase 'mon by the points you earned might be a bit unnecessary. The points could be tracked in the thread that the capture would be taking place in and the judge would just keep note of it. In a way, we kind of use points in our story method, we just don't openly say HI THERE THIS STORY IS X POINTS. We just keep it in the back of our minds until we decide whether or not it's a capture based on the story.

Something we could do to help prevent plagiarism and also possibly help with scoring is originality(which I think I'm pretty sure was mentioned before in some fashion o-o;). Like, we cringe at the, trainer wakes up. trainer walks outside. trainer BAM POKEMON BATTLE YAY, stories. So naturally, standard pictures of pokemon, i dunno. flying. or eating grass. Whatever it is pokemon do. Standard art pieces like that wouldn't get scored as high, no matter how pretty or well done it is, just simply because it isn't original. If we get like five people coming in wanting a Charizard, and all their pieces look the same. Like really similar. That'd just be such a buzzkill. I feel like there'd have to be more do it. Art is like a visual story, right? There's a meaning behind art pieces, so why shouldn't there be one behind these? The artist would have to make that meaning come out, and to do that, they'd have to have a meaning to it besides just the, "oh i want this pokemon." The desired pokemon doesn't have to be the biggest thing, or necessarily the main focal point, just as long as it's something more original than a Charizard flying, or a Venusaur existing, or whatever example tickles your fancy. I'm pretty sure there's a process in writing stories that takes a nice chunk of time before the actual writing begins. The same would apply for art.

I think I'm going to let this sit as it is to let people look over these thoughts of mine before I actively join this here pool party.

the last two pages was a lot to take in for posting for the first time.
    I'm not inactive. I'm just hiding in the tall grass waiting for someone to trigger "A WILD FC APPEARED!."

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenChaos View Post
    Something we could do to help prevent plagiarism and also possibly help with scoring is originality(which I think I'm pretty sure was mentioned before in some fashion o-o;). Like, we cringe at the, trainer wakes up. trainer walks outside. trainer BAM POKEMON BATTLE YAY, stories. So naturally, standard pictures of pokemon, i dunno. flying. or eating grass. Whatever it is pokemon do. Standard art pieces like that wouldn't get scored as high, no matter how pretty or well done it is, just simply because it isn't original. If we get like five people coming in wanting a Charizard, and all their pieces look the same. Like really similar. That'd just be such a buzzkill. I feel like there'd have to be more do it. Art is like a visual story, right? There's a meaning behind art pieces, so why shouldn't there be one behind these? The artist would have to make that meaning come out, and to do that, they'd have to have a meaning to it besides just the, "oh i want this pokemon." The desired pokemon doesn't have to be the biggest thing, or necessarily the main focal point, just as long as it's something more original than a Charizard flying, or a Venusaur existing, or whatever example tickles your fancy. I'm pretty sure there's a process in writing stories that takes a nice chunk of time before the actual writing begins. The same would apply for art.
    This is kinda what I meant when I said I didn't approve of any sort of picture earning points. I'm totally okay with a Pokemon not being the main feature in a piece, however I feel like it should be featured somewhere.

For a somewhat obscure example, some random trainer doing something non-Pokemon related at home, his bedroom or something, but there's a little statue of a Charizard up on a shelf. Provided the piece is of a decent quality, I'd still count it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenChaos View Post
    This is kinda what I meant when I said I didn't approve of any sort of picture earning points. I'm totally okay with a Pokemon not being the main feature in a piece, however I feel like it should be featured somewhere.

For a somewhat obscure example, some random trainer doing something non-Pokemon related at home, his bedroom or something, but there's a little statue of a Charizard up on a shelf. Provided the piece is of a decent quality, I'd still count it.
    Yeahyeah, that sounds plausible. Even though you just randomly pulled that out of your brain, it still has at least an idea of having a meaning behind it, albeit a simple one.

Not that we need anything overly complex or anything. ^_~
    I'm not inactive. I'm just hiding in the tall grass waiting for someone to trigger "A WILD FC APPEARED!."

Trophies

This is a complete summary of everything we need to get the Art Forum running. However a lot of the technical details are still undecided. This pretty much covers them all. If anyone has an suggestions or objections to the system below, let us know, otherwise expect to see the Art Forum officially opening soon ^.^

Points/Capturing:
    Everyone seems pretty happy with the system Kai and Harry figured out.
    • Easiest > 25 points
    • Simple > 50 points
    • Medium > 75 points
    • Hard > 100 points
    • Complex > 150 points
    • Demanding > 200 points
    • Merciless > 300 points
    • Stupefying > 500 points

However we've decided that each level will have additional criteria though, such as the minimum point-per-picture requirements Emma and I discussed. Currently we're looking at the following:

• Easiest > Minimum 1 piece that features the Pokemon being captured.
    • Simple > Minimum 1 piece that features the Pokemon being captured.
    • Medium > Minimum 1 piece that features the Pokemon being captured with a score higher than 30.
    • Hard > Minimum 1 piece that features the Pokemon being captured with a score higher than 40.
    • Complex > Minimum 2 pieces that feature the Pokemon being captured with a score higher than 40.
    • Demanding > Minimum 2 pieces that feature the Pokemon being captured with a score higher than 50.
    • Merciless > Minimum 3 pieces that feature the Pokemon being captured with a score higher than 50.
    • Stupefying > Minimum 3 pieces that feature the Pokemon being captured with a score higher than 60.

So lets look at capturing a Merciless Pokemon, Alakazam, which requires 300 points. To meet the minimum requirements, I have a drawing, a painting, and a banner, all featuring Alakazam, and I got 50 points for each of them. I'm at 150/300. The remaining pieces do not have to feature Alakazam at all, but obviously should still be Pokemon related.

Art Styles:
    There was some debate over graphic/computer based art. A large number of people wanted it to be included, which makes sense. At the moment, we aren't planning on having distinctly separate categories, provided the graders understand the inherent differences between the two styles. If we have enough people willing to be art graders it shouldn't be much of a problem, as some will simply be better suited to grading specific art styles.

Grading:
    Emma posted a "demo" grade of her own drawings above, which while perfect for drawn art wouldn't really suit something I made like the models. The discussion here is if graders should have to follow specific critera, or if they should simply explain the critera they used themselves when judging it and why it effected the overall score. So for something like my own model, I might list something like build quality compared to one of the other ones I did, bad folds, doesn't stand properly, stuff like that. As long as the grader can explain why the score was given in a way that helps future improvement in the person's art, much like story grades, it should be fine.

Multiple Captures:
    If a piece of art features more than one Pokemon, where do the points go? I can really only think of a few options.

Say I get 80/100 for a picture depicting Charizard and Blastoise

• Points are split between the two. I'm now 40/200 for each.
    • Points go towards a total score for both. I'm now 80/400.
    • Artist's choice - I can choose to give the 80 points and the +1 feature count to either Charizard or Blastoise.
    • Artist's choice 2 - I can choose to either split the points or put them all towards a single capture. If I choose Charizard, I lose the ability to claim that picture as a required feature piece for Blastoise.

Currently we're considering the second option. That then poses the problem of how the requirements will be met. For two Demanding Pokemon, the options would be either to require a total of four features in total, or two features for each. This would be nearly the same, except that for a piece featuring both, you could either be 1/4 features for the total, or 1/2 for both Charizard and Blastoise (effectively 2/4).

Excess Points:
    Basically, what to do if you go over your required points. We're mostly leaning towards them counting for nothing, much like extra story characters, or having them worth TM's. However if the second option is chosen, once you go over you cannot continue drawing to get free TM's. This means if you're on 205/200, too bad. You don't have enough to claim. If you're on 195/200 and draw a 100 point piece, you'll have 95 points worth to claim on TM's for your efforts, which will use some form of points-to-cash exchange rate.

Anti-Plagiarism/Proof of Work:
    Obviously there's always the honour code. For something drawn/painted/scanned/photographed this isn't too hard, we just want you to sign it somewhere. In the example of my models I'd probably just put a piece of paper next to it with my username so it could be seen in the photo. For computer art, a Google search will quickly find any stock images you try and pass off as your own. I realise stock images are required in making your own piece, and this is fine. However minimal or no editing will get you 0 points.

So yeah, we want to hear your feedback on this. If you have any better suggestions or major objections let either Kai-Mei or myself know.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast