Ultra Dex Upgrade: Finished
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra Dex Upgrade: Finished

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ultra Dex Upgrade: Finished

Hello. Before I even start anything, I need to empathize that the Ultra Dex was created by Jack (Jack of Clovers), not me.

You don't really have to read the spoiler, but if you want to know why an "upgrade" was needed or whatsoever, just read it then.

Thing is though, upgrade is only up to the point of the start of Hoenn mons. Note that, these include Pokemon whose evolution line is Kanto are already done (eg. Porygon > Porygon2 > Porygon-Z is already done). Upgrade is specifically up to Shroomish (Post #25). Check below for specific details to what were updated/changed.

-Naturally learned moves are corrected and checked
    -EMs are corrected and checked
    -TMs are all fully placed in the order of their in-game TM number/generation
    -HMs updated, used to be incomplete especially with Whirlpool missing from many mons
    -HM/BM/MT/SMs are fully placed in alphabetical order
    -Any TM/BM/MT/SMs that the mon learns naturally would not be listed (perfected in this upgrade)
    -If a mon learns for example, Zap Cannon via BM and MT, it would only be listed as a BM. Same applies to MT and SM or whatsoever. Order of priority will go in BM, MT, then SM.
    ^ NOT IMPORTANT BUT JUST FOR YOUR INFO
    -Some stat numbers that used to be incorrect were corrected
    -HGSS updates
    -HGSS sprites

Now it may seem weird that I am posting this when the upgrade isn't complete, but I figured I might as well get this up earlier rather than wait for a long time till I'm finished. From now on, no one should say that Ultra Dex is inaccurate up to the point of Shroomish. :3 So you should like get out there and use the URPG dex more often, since the specific features like a full page of all the moves learnable (even version specifics like GSC Zap Cannon on like Grimer is listed) and not listing repeated TM/BM/MT/SM moves that the mon naturally learns already are only Ultra Dex exclusive. ^_^
    Last edited by Ataro; 6th December 2010 at 04:25 PM.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ultra Dex Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    From now on, no one should say that Ultra Dex is inaccurate up to the point of Shroomish. :3^
    lold. Anyway, good work Ataro. However, one of the reasons I don't like the Ultra-Dex is the navigation. Websites like Smogon and Veekun have their own search bar and each Pokemon has its own page. In the Ultra-Dex, multiple Pokemon are on a single page. I think this can be remedied, however. Is it possible for each Pokemon to have its own Bulbapedia page? It would also be an interesting way for the URPG to integrate with the rest of the community. Of course, we would have to run it by with whoever heads the Bulbapedia stuff, but I think it is a worthwhile project.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering when someone was going to get on that lol. Good job, Ataro. :D!
    I'm not inactive. I'm just hiding in the tall grass waiting for someone to trigger "A WILD FC APPEARED!."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the perfect-up-to-shroomish dex, Ataro =3 Also, I agree with Pidge.

"lets get chesnaughty" Nitro 12:52 am
    nuts in my mouf

Hannah Warder 7:50 pm
    fd is a beautiful chocolate man

Post Thanks / Like

Is there enough interest in moving our Dex to Bulbapedia? That might entail a lot of work or at least a lot of members helping out. Do we have people interested in such a project?

If so, we can start a dialogue with the Bulbapedia leaders and work something out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Is there enough interest in moving our Dex to Bulbapedia? That might entail a lot of work or at least a lot of members helping out. Do we have people interested in such a project?

If so, we can start a dialogue with the Bulbapedia leaders and work something out.
    I'd be interested in helping out since I have nothing to do.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I'd be interested in helping out since I have nothing to do.
    Same here. Just tell me what to do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    Same here. Just tell me what to do
    My name isn't zombie for just no silly reason, :]

stomach hurts... RainbowMoondust's Avatar
    West side of the U.S. That's all you get to know.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

THANKYOU!
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.
    My URPG stats I'm a ranger.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

Post Thanks / Like

Another point of interest is that we actually don't have a general URPG article on Bulbapedia either. We don't exist. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, going to go ahead and stamp this out while manageable. Feel free to create a URPG article about URPG, not the Pokemon. You are under NO CIRCUMSTANCES to try and create articles on the Pokemon on Bulbapedia. On that note, HKim contact me on AIM sometime, I need to talk to you.
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
    Ok, going to go ahead and stamp this out while manageable. Feel free to create a URPG article about URPG, not the Pokemon. You are under NO CIRCUMSTANCES to try and create articles on the Pokemon on Bulbapedia. On that note, HKim contact me on AIM sometime, I need to talk to you.

I think there might have been a communication jump in the thread just now.

I think we mean having our own pokemon list under a URPG category on the RPG Wiki, not editing the Bulbapedia articles. It's something we need to discuss in length. I do have you to thank AIE for this idea. You did offer us the RPG Wiki as a excellent tool for URPG use and this is a good way of working with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ultra Dex Upgrade (Up to Aggron)

Ralts - Shedinja and Whismur - Aggron are now done, thanks to Stinky.

I will just edit the thread title and the first sentence of the first post from now on to inform you of any fixes when they're completed.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ultra Dex Upgrade (Up to Sharpedo)

Hey guys, just posting to say that up through Sharpedo is done. If you see any mistakes or spelling errors in what has been already done, feel free to post them here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ultra Dex Upgrade (Up to Sharpedo)

Roar is listed as a TM for Aerodactyl, but it is level up. There is my contribution.

edit: All instances of Double Edge should be Double-Edge (with the hyphen). You can use the find and replace tool in Microsoft Word for this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast