Trainers' Estate: Tornament info and sign up! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trainers' Estate: Tornament info and sign up!

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Trainers' Estate: Tornament info and sign up!

Your username: noble One
    Your starter pokemon (whatever stage it's currently in): Lucario
    How many extra moves it has: 3

Your username: Thunder410
    Your starter pokemon (whatever stage it's currently in): Nidoking
    How many extra moves it has: uhh... 0... :P

Username: LightningFast
    Starter Pokemon: Raichu
    EMs: 12, more on the way :P
    Last edited by LightningFast; 9th September 2010 at 09:24 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, only obvious answers.
    - Me

Please join my RP. I worked hard on it... PLEAAAAAASE?! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f394/tyrant-107146/

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Username: Miloticgirl
    Starter: Kingdra
    Extra Moves: None

Normally we don't have tournament sign-ups until the tournament rules are first approved by an official or higher.

Anyway, since the idea is to have a 1v1 tournament because not everyone has a second pokemon, I would like to propose something a little different.

Instead of having different divisions based on the number of Extra Moves, I recommend grouping everyone together in one large tournament.

Secondly, I want to know if you guys might be interested in battling using a ruleset that I haven't seen used in many years. Not DPP or Revolution, but RP battle rules.

This ruleset, which was around when I joined the URPG back in 2003, was essentially you battling with your opponent in an anime-style rp clash. You would roleplay how your pokemon acts and reacts in the battle, utilizing creativity moreso than stats. It is, for all intents and purposes, an rp battle.

The ref for this battle may not be a Ref at all, but perhaps a Judge from the National Park. Similarly, you could ask a Ref with significant RP experience such as Pidge to ref the battle.

I figured that since you guys are all dedicated roleplayers, that I at least offer this suggestion as a possibility you may embark on.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Username: Shinji
    Starter: Magmortar
    EM:7
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Licensed Scientician DrStubbsberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Secondly, I want to know if you guys might be interested in battling using a ruleset that I haven't seen used in many years. Not DPP or Revolution, but RP battle rules.

This ruleset, which was around when I joined the URPG back in 2003, was essentially you battling with your opponent in an anime-style rp clash. You would roleplay how your pokemon acts and reacts in the battle, utilizing creativity moreso than stats. It is, for all intents and purposes, an rp battle.

The ref for this battle may not be a Ref at all, but perhaps a Judge from the National Park. Similarly, you could ask a Ref with significant RP experience such as Pidge to ref the battle.

I figured that since you guys are all dedicated roleplayers, that I at least offer this suggestion as a possibility you may embark on.
    This certainly sounds very interesting, and more fitting. Just out of interest was there any particular reason why the ruleset was discontinued (I remember seeing it mentioned in the Forum Battles Rule thread as being inaccessable for Forum Battles and was most dissapointed to find it no longer existed).
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...

Normally we don't have tournament sign-ups until the tournament rules are first approved by an official or higher.

Anyway, since the idea is to have a 1v1 tournament because not everyone has a second pokemon, I would like to propose something a little different.

Instead of having different divisions based on the number of Extra Moves, I recommend grouping everyone together in one large tournament.

Seeing as how I'm still not even in my first year into this site, I may not fully understand why it was discontinued, but I really like this idea. With it being a fusion between the *Now fixed* National Park and Battling, I think I'll fall in love with this style.

Hell, we may ever revive it into practical use! XD

That sounds like a good idea. That way, battle experience and extra moves won't make as much of a difference. (Although, I'll probably add a few more just in case :P)

Also, I've heard before that P2EKers aren't as into about RPing, which may be why is was dropped. This WAS before the BMG extension was added.
    There are no stupid questions, only obvious answers.
    - Me

Please join my RP. I worked hard on it... PLEAAAAAASE?! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=107146

Username: Siless
    Starter: Gardevoir
    Moves: 11

Also, the RP Battling sounds like a great way to handle this. If we could bring it back into normal use like Zeferin suggested, that would even be better, but it's probably worth seeing how well everyone else reacts to it as well, and this would be a good way to measure reactions.

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait so are extra moves counted in the rp style. (WHICH I THINK IS GREAT!)
    Or do we pretend we have any extra moves since it's rp.

I would say your Pokemon has the extra moves they have. It may give a slight bit of advantage to others if they have more, but only because they have more choices. They still have to use them creatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloticgirl View Post
    Wait so are extra moves counted in the rp style. (WHICH I THINK IS GREAT!)
    Or do we pretend we have any extra moves since it's rp.
    I'm pretty sure it's just moves that we already have. Kinda like the National Park.

Also, I like the idea.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I propose that any Pokemon in RP can use any move it can learn, whether you bought it or not. What if you command your Riolu to jump in the air and then crash feet first into the opponent, but you never got it Hi Jump Kick. The distinction between the two different commands could be controversial, so just allow Pokemon to use whatever they can. Also, you should be able to use whatever Pokemon you have, not only your starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    I propose that any Pokemon in RP can use any move it can learn, whether you bought it or not. What if you command your Riolu to jump in the air and then crash feet first into the opponent, but you never got it Hi Jump Kick.
    While I agree most moves can be done like the Hi-Jump Kick example you gave, I think that some more extravagant moves, such as the weather-related moves, should only be accessible to those that learn the move naturally or have been taught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    Also, you should be able to use whatever Pokemon you have, not only your starter.
    In general, I would agree, but I believe this is an RP-based tourney to test each character's knowledge of and bond with their starter Pokemon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast