TPW Expansion Discussion - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: TPW Expansion Discussion

Default Re: TPW Expansion Discussion

I'll see what I can do about an easier Park Event for PW. The only problem with those is that Events tend to run slightly different than the Park proper, and that could throw off their perception of how to actually go on a run. I'm all for a Park Credits thing for the Shop again though. That's a newbie's biggest problem: the cash.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Dojo League could work, as long as it was a bit smaller like Roulette said. Get them used to having the responsibilities and and joy of owning a Gym early, and then when the Dojos come to an end, they might be more inclined to get a Gym (hence, we fill the open positions).

And ^ at pretty much everything that's been said about the park being intimidating. I had to get Buoy to talk me through it bit by bit. It's a lot to read for just one section, and I'm still unsure about stuff like MCL and damage calc and effects of moves and whatever. REFFING IS JUST SO MUCH EASIER :3

But yeah, also give the Contests some love. I think the inclusion of the Divisions will help dramatically, since it might make them more inclined for a "Get all the badges/ribbons" thing. I'm also thinking routine FFAs (not special rule ones, just regular and B/W FFAs to show the newbies how fun they can be).

I would also say cut down on the oldfag/newfag thing, but tbh, I can see that lasting for about 2 weeks tops :3

Ooh, maybe we could borrow the chains out of the Stories dungeon, and make the newbies unable to leave? Might need a bit of sprucing up to remove the blood stains, but I'm sure Graders are willing to put in the effort. ... no? Ok ):
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    I would also say cut down on the oldfag/newfag thing, but tbh, I can see that lasting for about 2 weeks tops :3
    That would be implying more than a handful of people have even earned the right to be elitist =P

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    That would be implying more than a handful of people have even earned the right to be elitist =P
    Hasn't stopped people before, pretty much anyone who is ~6 months apparently has oldfag rights. What a warped world we live in ):
    SLCalamity likes this.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Am I an oldfag yet? :<

Quote Originally Posted by SLC04 View Post
    Am I an oldfag yet? :<
    No, but you're a fag. :>

except i'm just kidding
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

So is BMGf going to be kinda abandoned in the same way PE2k was?

Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    Don't see why it would be. BMGf still has active URPGers...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Hi I'm putting in my two cents SO LISTEN UP YOUNG'UNS.

Dojo League is a bad idea. It created a rift between BMG and PE2K members that lasted quite awhile. So don't do it.
    *cough* rift caused by elitism *cough*
    I'm in agreement with that. If I ever gave the impression I was against the dojos it was because I'm still true to my PE2K origins as you can clearly see by my outdated siggy that says "Challenge my PE2K GYM"

The idea of having a league exclusively for the newer members is a good thing I believe because it gives them a chance to start together and at an even level.

Also, while in theory expansion is a great idea, Jess was right and people would shoot it down, and I'm just gonna say that I'm one of those people. Well, I won't completely knock it out of the sky, I'll just throw a pebble at it and see what happens....
    My reason is as follows:
    If the URPG has little problems like inactivity in certain places, then it's better to acknowledge the fact and remove those people from those positions. IE the gyms.
    Why create the illusion of activity? It's pointless and surely there are other members that would like to fill up those gyms.
    Knowing how big BMG is, I still believe there is potential for the URPG to continue growing here. We can't realistically expand if we continue to ignore the fact that there are little problems in the system. If we can fix them and then advertise the URPG, we should be good to go.

For example, I remember when the mart and the trading sections had approval issues. Who doesn't remember waiting more than 2 days for those threads to be checked by an offical? I sure as heck do. So what happened? The problem was addressed and solved. This is what I want to happen with the rest of the problems that lay in front of us, before we actually go on and "expand" because right now, the URPG is a faulty system.

So what does expanding mean? To me it means actual growth and maintaining it. Not just having a spike in activity for a brief moment and calling it a day. <--That is not growth at all, that's just inflation to some degree. Sure you're letting more people join, but that merely provides a temporary solution. You're not getting to the root of the problem(s) which again, there might be more than I can think of. I just know that we do have them and that they should be dealt with even if its one by one.

On a semi-related note, and this is just my view, but the URPG Times seems to have brought back some life. I like it for being able to show that we're actually proactive in our little community.

Also one last thing, I'm not entirely against the idea of expansion, I just think it'd be dumb if we did happen to "expand" without fixing the issues we know about. I believe that without dealing with them, we're going to end up back at square one.
    That's my bit of input.
    From the PE2K URPG section.
    Yes I am a ref & yes, I made Soviet Bidoof

Questions/Comments/Concerns --> Imperialpineaple on aim.

SumerianRevenant 7:06 pm
    Ambipom @ 43.78% Par Spe+1 | Jolteon @ 88.62% Spe+1 | Moves?
    SR
    No
    I have done it both ways, multiple times
    And always get complaints either way
    SO FUUUUUUUU
    URPG Stats
    Challenge my PE2K URPG Gym: Sunyshore

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    Don't see why it would be. BMGf still has active URPGers...
    That seemed to be the case in the past as well.

And I agree with TO on the temporary part. Expansion has always seemed to be our approach to revive our dying activity, which shouldn't be the case, but seems to be the only possible solution. Then again, at the time of the proposition (which was in August), activity was still booming.
    Last edited by Ataro; 25th February 2012 at 09:53 AM.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    lol dojos. We can't even fill up our normal gyms. APPLY FOR ETERNA, SNOWPOINT, TROVITA, or KUMQUAT!
    Bee does have a point. People gain and drop gyms like candy. I am in favor of dojos but perhaps maybe when we can get more gyms that are filled and active although the majority are already. LET TRY AND NOT HAVE THESE PEOPLE HATE US!

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickKaiser View Post
    lol dojos. We can't even fill up our normal gyms. APPLY FOR ETERNA, SNOWPOINT, TROVITA, or KUMQUAT!
    Bee does have a point. People gain and drop gyms like candy. I am in favor of dojos but perhaps maybe when we can get more gyms that are filled and active although the majority are already. LET TRY AND NOT HAVE THESE PEOPLE HATE US!
    Alright then, pick a gym and stick with it to help support that, cause you're a big culprit of getting, and dropping a gym. Don't just take one, and quickly drop it.
    Alaskapigeon and Roulette like this.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Ad Hominem attack: No 1 wanna be in ur league u nub!!! Everyone one else is pro ;o

I'm jk, you're my bff. Don't let Chris Hansen know about this ;)
    Dinobot likes this.
    From the PE2K URPG section.
    Yes I am a ref & yes, I made Soviet Bidoof

Questions/Comments/Concerns --> Imperialpineaple on aim.

SumerianRevenant 7:06 pm
    Ambipom @ 43.78% Par Spe+1 | Jolteon @ 88.62% Spe+1 | Moves?
    SR
    No
    I have done it both ways, multiple times
    And always get complaints either way
    SO FUUUUUUUU
    URPG Stats
    Challenge my PE2K URPG Gym: Sunyshore

Quote Originally Posted by Ebail View Post
    Alright then, pick a gym and stick with it to help support that, cause you're a big culprit of getting, and dropping a gym. Don't just take one, and quickly drop it.
    I have a problem ;_;

Putting brand new members up against the rest of URPG would be cruel. It's best to let them battle each other awhile before growing their wings and fighting full fledged URPGers. The Dojo League was a sort of tutorial to gyms, meant to introduce people to the concept and format. What it does is show people what it's like to have a lineup, manage challenges, and use a monotype team to the fullest capability. When the Dojo League is over, they already know how to do these things and will be ready to apply for gyms (and be a hell of a lot better off). So while it may not immediately address the gym problem we're currently facing, it will probably help out in the long run. I know that right now there are several of BMG's ex-senseis currently leading gyms, and doing a damn fine job.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast