Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TPW Expansion Discussion

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Default Re: TPW Expansion Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SLC04 View Post
    LET US MAKE CONTESTS LOOK COOL

^I'd watch it.

Especially if the romantic interest was played by a Jynx.

urpg

Quote Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post
    ^I'd watch it.

Especially if the romantic interest was played by a Jynx.

Lights... Camera... JYNX.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Quote Originally Posted by SLC04 View Post
    LET US MAKE CONTESTS LOOK COOL
    Agreed. While I would love to see more RPers in the Park, Contests are easily one of the more overlooked parts of the URPG.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

I'm all for the mentor/apprentice program being started up, it was really successful and helpful, especially in its initial stages. However, I'm not entirely sure that there will be enough new recruits to validate a second Dojo league. Let's wait a couple weeks into the expansion and then introduce something if there's enough demand.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    I'm all for the mentor/apprentice program being started up, it was really successful and helpful, especially in its initial stages. However, I'm not entirely sure that there will be enough new recruits to validate a second Dojo league. Let's wait a couple weeks into the expansion and then introduce something if there's enough demand.
    我正在学中文

As far as the second dojo league goes, I had actually thought about not having enough people to sustain a full one. BMG is obviously a lot larger than TPW, so maybe it would be better to halve it and make it the size of a normal gym league? If more dedicated members join, we could easily add 8 (or nine fuck yeah dark dojo) more to the roster to give more options. But if we could only handle eight, I'd suggest just doing the most popular gym types in URPG (though there are a ton of types with 2 gyms, so it'd be hard to pick which ones). But meh, I'm sure there will be a staff discussion on the matter if it comes down to it, but that's just my two cents.

lol dojos. We can't even fill up our normal gyms. APPLY FOR ETERNA, SNOWPOINT, TROVITA, or KUMQUAT!
    Last edited by Dinobot; 26th February 2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Hi I'm putting in my two cents SO LISTEN UP YOUNG'UNS.

Dojo League is a bad idea. It created a rift between BMG and PE2K members that lasted quite awhile. So don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Hi I'm putting in my two cents SO LISTEN UP YOUNG'UNS.

Dojo League is a bad idea. It created a rift between BMG and PE2K members that lasted quite awhile. So don't do it.
    *cough* rift caused by elitism *cough*
    我正在学中文

Yeah, IMO the only rift was because of the predetermined hate a lot of pe2kers had before even coming. Also, any BMGer who went through the lame time where both sides hated each other isn't going to hate the TPWers for no reason. I think there are more pros than cons with a dojo league.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette View Post
    Yeah, IMO the only rift was because of the predetermined hate a lot of pe2kers had before even coming. Also, any BMGer who went through the lame time where both sides hated each other isn't going to hate the TPWers for no reason. I think there are more pros than cons with a dojo league.
    This made me feel old. But yes. We have learned not to be dicks to people. This we shall pass on to our newbies and our newbies' newbies.
    我正在学中文

The key to making any expansion successful is member retention. If we get all these members and no one is there to help them, they're never gonna get more than one mon. It's gonna take all of us making sure that our newer members get situated into the URPG.....family *chokes slightly*. This includes welcoming them, encouraging them to get AIM, doing basics, etc. It sounds like a lot but it would be worth seeing more members stick around.
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebMaster View Post
    The key to making any expansion successful is member retention. If we get all these members and no one is there to help them, they're never gonna get more than one mon. It's gonna take all of us making sure that our newer members get situated into the URPG.....family *chokes slightly*. This includes welcoming them, encouraging them to get AIM, doing basics, etc. It sounds like a lot but it would be worth seeing more members stick around.
    Back in my day, we didn't haven no "Mentor/Apprentice Program" and no "Contest Section" and a never ending "PokePark Project"(Dat Bron...) that never got completed. I didn't need no help and I didn't get any neither. I TURNED OUT JUST FINE!!

Though honestly, from personal experience, the Mentor/Apprentice thread doesn't work. At the BMG branches' inception, I personally took several nubs under my wing. There was nothing official about it. All the thread does is make it MORE difficult for new people to get help. It assigns them one person, to whom they assume they must ask EVERY QUESTION THEY HAVE. If the mentor goes inactive, the apprentice could feel isolated and it might drive them to quit early on.

So yeah, what Webbie is saying there about a community effort is absolutely correct. Not that I'm against you being all "THIS IS MY NUB", but we don't need a program to make this exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WebMaster View Post
    Back in my day, we didn't haven no "Mentor/Apprentice Program" and no "Contest Section" and a never ending "PokePark Project"(Dat Bron...) that never got completed. I didn't need no help and I didn't get any neither. I TURNED OUT JUST FINE!!

Though honestly, from personal experience, the Mentor/Apprentice thread doesn't work. At the BMG branches' inception, I personally took several nubs under my wing. There was nothing official about it. All the thread does is make it MORE difficult for new people to get help. It assigns them one person, to whom they assume they must ask EVERY QUESTION THEY HAVE. If the mentor goes inactive, the apprentice could feel isolated and it might drive them to quit early on.

So yeah, what Webbie is saying there about a community effort is absolutely correct. Not that I'm against you being all "THIS IS MY NUB", but we don't need a program to make this exclusive.
    I wasn't saying a mentor/apprentice thing was the solution. I was just saying that it's going to take all of us chipping in to help orient the new players we get. I wasn't trying to campaign for people taking on specific newer players. But yeah
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast