TPW Expansion Discussion

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: TPW Expansion Discussion

Default TPW Expansion Discussion

As most of you know by now, we're expanding to The Pokemon World. Their administration team made an offer to us and we've accepted. Thus, we're establishing a branch over there.

The Pokémon World Forums

This was all rather recent, so nothing has been planned so far other than the need to get all the sections set up. At the moment, most of the staff is busy dealing with another issue, so there won't be much input from our side until it's resolved.

Please feel free to discuss various ideas and thoughts you might have on our expansion plans to TPW. Additionally, feel free tor register over there and see what they're all about.

Trophies

Default Re: TPW Expansion Discussion

sooooooooo...the pokemon world...I hear they like pokemon and things

Dojo League for everyone who joined after the first one!

Give the Mentor/Apprentice Program a reboot.

Stress the importance of getting AIM to the new members.

Blog Entries

Do I hear DOJO LEAGUE ^.^

Trophies
    Blog Entries

SLC FOR PRO MENTOR

TPW is a cool place. I had the chance to make an account there a few weeks ago and I've enjoyed posting there and getting to know the community. I've talked to Simmi a bit too who seemed to be active in organizing the new branch, and he seems like a cool guy. So far they look like they'll be easy to work with. They don't seem to have a TON of members, but from what I can tell, their small group is full of avid posters, so maybe they're the kind of people who will stick with URPG for awhile.

Also I'm totally up for them getting a Dojo League. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the BMG Dojo League helped me a ton when I was a noob, and I had a lot of fun while doing it. It's a great way to get people to stick around, and it's a great way to help new members get better at battling. If we do implement one, I'd be more than willing to help out with it or maybe mentor new senseis or something as I was one of the five or six who got all the belts last time around.

tl;dr: TPW is cool, and I'm willing to help out where needed.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

I essentially agree with everything that Captain said, but I'd also (not just because I'm a ranger either mind you) like to see the Park get promoted. This would be good for people over there who really want to do the whole RP experience, and maybe get some nice Pokemon out of it. The Park has always been a fun way of RPing around here if you were interested in doing so, and it could be seen as a good way to get other members to want to try out URPG over there. I mean I remember when I joined here I wasn't informed much about the park, it just seemed like it was sitting there, and granted it shut, but once it reopened it took me like four months to really understand what it was all about, and how it worked and what not.

Just my two cents, I'd just like to see the park get some more love is all.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ebail View Post
    I essentially agree with everything that Captain said, but I'd also (not just because I'm a ranger either mind you) like to see the Park get promoted. This would be good for people over there who really want to do the whole RP experience, and maybe get some nice Pokemon out of it. The Park has always been a fun way of RPing around here if you were interested in doing so, and it could be seen as a good way to get other members to want to try out URPG over there. I mean I remember when I joined here I wasn't informed much about the park, it just seemed like it was sitting there, and granted it shut, but once it reopened it took me like four months to really understand what it was all about, and how it worked and what not.

Just my two cents, I'd just like to see the park get some more love is all.
    I'm pretty sure a majority of the active staff are rangers, right?

Anyway, any start up Park events and other such functions would be up to the Park Section as a whole to produce and put on. Nobody is putting it down, it just hasn't been discussed =P

Ebail has a good point. It took me a long time to get comfortable enough that I could go on a run. The park looked really intimidating to me (mostly since I had never roleplayed before) so I wasn't into it for several months. A basic and simple park event would probably be a good idea, just to help them get initiated and familiarized.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette View Post
    Ebail has a good point. It took me a long time to get comfortable enough that I could go on a run. The park looked really intimidating to me (mostly since I had never roleplayed before) so I wasn't into it for several months. A basic and simple park event would probably be a good idea, just to help them get initiated and familiarized.
    PM your local Congress Ranger.

I don't even know my district ._. I'll just seduce Chainy.

I don't even know my district ._. I'll just seduce Chainy.
    Damn lobbyists...

Trophies
    Blog Entries

LET US MAKE CONTESTS LOOK COOL

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was actually hoping for us to get more done here before expanding, but i'm not opposed to anything.

I remember looking at PE2k as a noob and seeing the insane amounts of threads and posts they had. It was a good time.

I guess we were the start of a few things over here. *cue the montage of friends and good memories*

TPW is a cool place. I had the chance to make an account there a few weeks ago and I've enjoyed posting there and getting to know the community. I've talked to Simmi a bit too who seemed to be active in organizing the new branch, and he seems like a cool guy. So far they look like they'll be easy to work with. They don't seem to have a TON of members, but from what I can tell, their small group is full of avid posters, so maybe they're the kind of people who will stick with URPG for awhile.

Also I'm totally up for them getting a Dojo League. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the BMG Dojo League helped me a ton when I was a noob, and I had a lot of fun while doing it. It's a great way to get people to stick around, and it's a great way to help new members get better at battling. If we do implement one, I'd be more than willing to help out with it or maybe mentor new senseis or something as I was one of the five or six who got all the belts last time around.

tl;dr: TPW is cool, and I'm willing to help out where needed.
    I second this. The people over there seem really nice, and I'd like another dojo-esqe league. I'd be interested in rebooting the Mentor/Apprentice Program (AGAIN), but maybe specify it to TPW? IUNNO. YEAH.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast