Role Play Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Role Play Discussion

Default Re: Ultra Role Play Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sv_Gravity 000 View Post
    Hey. In Trilroy's RP, my Pokemon are controlled by some sorta remote thing and act wierdly. Is it possible I could null this in other RP's while keeping it there?

I don't see why not.

In terms of OOC reasons, different RP creators will have different rules and expectations.

In terms of IC reasons, perhaps different worlds work just a bit differently or maybe it's an alternate version of your character.

It's up to you how you play. We don't want to restrict your creativity!

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    You know what I thought was interesting, but didn't write into the rules, was that you could create a RP where you role play as one of the Pokemon you own. Just didn't want people to think they were limited to only trainers.
    You wouldn't mind if I started working on this, would you? Like...right now?
    There are no stupid questions, only obvious answers.
    - Me

Please join my RP. I worked hard on it... PLEAAAAAASE?! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f394/tyrant-107146/

Quote Originally Posted by LightningFast View Post
    You wouldn't mind if I started working on this, would you? Like...right now?

It's your character, my friend. The rest of us just interact with him.

Yeah, double-post.

So I'm sorry if there was any confusion in regards to 200 words vs. 200 characters.

I'm just curious, though. Does anyone prefer one way or the other?

Forgot to pay the Monkey Trilroy's Avatar

lol unfortunately I had my guys doing 200 word minimum for the past almost 100 posts. The only problem that kept coming up was that it was hard to keep conversations going without some minor form of bunnying for the sake of role playing
    Join the Rebellion...Or Strike it Down

Quote Originally Posted by Trilroy View Post
    lol unfortunately I had my guys doing 200 word minimum for the past almost 100 posts. The only problem that kept coming up was that it was hard to keep conversations going without some minor form of bunnying for the sake of role playing

Another solution could be putting more details in the conversation, such as where the person was looking, what they were thinking during the time, where their hands were.

You and I both know that just because my character says something, doesn't mean he necessarily is telling the truth. Body language, just like in real life, can often me more illumination.

True. And they've been doing better as the RP continues, we're all a little rusty from not rping in a while. We've all been hitting the 200 character mark anyway though, with some minor exceptions. Hopefully as we all get used to eachother and as new people come in, our writing skills will improve noticably lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trilroy View Post
    True. And they've been doing better as the RP continues, we're all a little rusty from not rping in a while. We've all been hitting the 200 character mark anyway though, with some minor exceptions. Hopefully as we all get used to eachother and as new people come in, our writing skills will improve noticably lol

Indeed. We have a new RP Creation guide coming in that we'll post soon and we're encouraging stronger role playing and high quality posts. I'm not sure how that's going to turn out, but it's all for the best.

We're always looking for ways to improve upon ourselves. Both as individuals, and as a group.

Cool. I'll take a look at it when you post and see if there's anything I can add to the RP. And while I definately prefer high quality posts, maybe the guide can give a little direction in the sense of what is appropriate to post.

Like say, not repeatedly making 5,000 character posts in a casual RPG in which the character average is only like 500 lol? Basically just use good judgement, for both your sake and those around you :P

right question: I want to start my own RP about a completly new unexpolored region, yet i dont know the best way to go about this, would it be worth it if i made up some minor details about my new region or should i just leave it for other to create as there own therfore only creating the name, rules and signup sheet.
    For My URPG STAT Click the Hyperlink
    my coordinator statshere
    URPG stories below
    Vs Magikarp
    Vs Shellos(NWC 2010)

It would depend on how far you want to guide your players in. Do you want them to have everything handed to them like they do in the games? Or do you want things to go along as it does in the anime, with towns pretty much known, but towns created for the sake of story telling thrown in? It's really all up to you, but try to find a nice blend of the two.

Oh, now that's an interesting concept!

I find that one of the best ways to bring player's into an RP is to give them something that they are attached to. By letting people develop a certain area of your new region, putting in various details about it, they would likely be more interested in participating in your RP and helping move it along.

People, when invested in something they've helped create, are quite willing to take the concept further than they normally might have considered.

just thinking out loud, could it be possible to run a RP or just over the summer and if it sought of dies when ativity drops after summer,(people going back to education, Etc) possilbey close it?
    For My URPG STAT Click the Hyperlink
    my coordinator statshere
    URPG stories below
    Vs Magikarp
    Vs Shellos(NWC 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Sennyo View Post
    just thinking out loud, could it be possible to run a RP or just over the summer and if it sought of dies when ativity drops after summer,(people going back to education, Etc) possilbey close it?

I had a little trouble reading your question, but I believe the answer is: Yes.

You can create an RP and then run it as long as you want. If it dies out, you can ask a mod to close the thread.

Since I like double-posting and provoking thought.

I want to ask everyone here what they want to see in this RP section. What sort of features are you interested in? How can we improve it or enhance it? Should there be more organization or less?

I am interested in your feedback!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast