Okay, so the Gym Leader Tournament specifications are nearing to an end. I think the other thread got too excited about it that other tournament ideas received little notice. Anyway, here are some of the ideas that were posted:
- Budget (Fawkes.): Each player gets a certain amount of money to buy Pokemon FOR TOURNAMENT USE ONLY and their moves. Prices are based on story characters for story mons.
- Buy-In (Mubz): All players must pay 10k to enter. The prize for this tournament is purely money, that is, the winner gets all of the entrant fee money.
- Gameboy (Neonsands): All battle use Gameboy rules.
- Partner Based (???): People are battling with a partner, possible double battle, possibly single. Partner is possibly random. Not much worked out.
- RISK (???): Not completely sure how it works off the top of my head.
Budget tournament is interesting.
I'm thinking the Buy-In idea could just be sort of like a mini tournament. I'm not sure if newer players and those that don't consider themselves that good would want to enter, since they might think they have no chance of winning and therefore consider it a waste of 10k. Therefore, the tournament would probably be smaller than usual, and it wouldn't really take the spot of some other tournament, it would just be on the side. Who knows, though, maybe people will enter anyway. Also, on AIM, some were saying that 1st place should get like 70% of the money, 2nd place 20%, 3rd 10%, something like that.
Gameboy is Gameboy.
A partner based tournament was a really popular idea when I IM'd people for ideas. It could be hard to get battles done, though, since it requires four whole people to be on at the same time, and a ref.
Risk has no sponsor, and I really don't want to handle it, AND it could be an epic fail since it sounds like it depends on activity.
So what do you like, and would you enter in the Buy-In tournament? Also, post your own ideas or tell me if I forgot yours!