Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation - Page 9

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlouden03 View Post
    Several other odd evolution conditions are just counted as normal (ie. Yanmega, etc). So they could be viewed as normal.
    But isn't that because yanmega evolves with Ancient Power in its moveset, and yanma already knows Ancient Power under URPG rules?

I mean we could all just do the inkay evolutions based on trust and pretend that we've all actually turned our computers upside-down 'cause guys I can totally lift my desktop 1995 computer and turn it upside-down without messing up something vital
    Louden made a good point but used a bad example. A better one would be something like Magnezone which would normally need to be evolved via training in a specific area, but in the URPG is just normal evolution.

For things that are just too incompatible with the URPG, normal evolution is used. Probably will be the case with Inkay

On the other things:
    Sylveon will be another rock that is exclusive to it, just like all the other eeveelutions.
    I don't really think that Pancham / Sligoo's evo conditions are too much to ask of people (especially Sligoo's since you can set auto rain with battle rules), but that's just my opinion.
    mlouden03 likes this.

URPG

Maybe for Pangoro you just need to have a dark type in your stats. To be honest, that method is more like the in-game method, and iirc there are Dark Pokemon in the mart like Poochyena, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Blog Entries

To go back to Sylveon for a second....

To evolve Eevee it needs a fairy move in it's move set as well as high friendship iirc. In this case, wouldn't another Soothe Bell be needed since it learns Fairy type attacks through leveling anyways?

Credit goes to Reader =)

Stats
    Gym Stats

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yeah, there's honestly no reason why an item should be used for Pancham. Eevee, Poochyena, Skorupi, Larvitar, Purrloin, and Deino are all marts which are or evolve into Dark types, and a starting rain battle for Sliggoo is essentially the same as in-game.

The only one that really warrants change is Inkay. That is most likely gonna be just a regular evolution, but could we switch it up and a bit and have it evolve if its evolution battle is an inverse battle or something like that? It kinda fits with the scheme of Inkay/Malamar and isn't that hard to really if the inverse battles are implemented.

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

Sorry, this is entirely unrelated, but who was sitting around with their shiny new X/Y and was like "hmmm this inkay is supposed to evolve into a malamar but it hasn't, oh, I know, let's turn my DS upside-down?"

On another note, I'm all for having inkay as a normal evolution/no item required (similar to magneton to magnezone). (Although this does warrant the question--why is magneton to magnezone item-less, while eevee to leafeon/glaceon is mosst stone/ice stone, respectively?)

Blog Entries

that is a good point. Since all 3 evolve with location no item should be needed for Eevee to evolve. With that being said....wouldn't it also change friendship evolution since no items were involve in the games? You can actually change it to where X amount of battles has to be won before evolving or something.... But that right there is just a thought.

Credit goes to Reader =)

Stats
    Gym Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessRuler View Post
    that is a good point. Since all 3 evolve with location no item should be needed for Eevee to evolve. With that being said....wouldn't it also change friendship evolution since no items were involve in the games? You can actually change it to where X amount of battles has to be won before evolving or something.... But that right there is just a thought.
    A lot of the baby pokemon would be ridiculously difficult to evolve, though. Pichu, igglybuff, togepi, and cleffa come to mind. and by that I mean pichu

Trophies

Time for some practical answers to things that never should have been problems in the first place:

Sylveon: Item will probably be a Pokepuff, as those are Amie-related items, as is its evolution.
    Leafeon/Glaceon: I know they're location based, but if they didn't need items they'd be unbalanced to the other Eeveelutions.
    Magnezone: We could always make that an item. Gotta buy a Charge Stone to evolve Magneton/Nosepass. Or just forget it and leave it how it is.

Pancham: Must have another Dark type in stats is almost fine, but suggesting "You can just buy one from the Pokemart" isn't a good solution. Most evolution items are roughly $2,000 and all those Pokemon are all way more than that. That becomes a very expensive evolution for some people, free for others.

Inkay: Inkay is stupid. Like, really stupid. Having to turn something upside down is stupid.
    If people REALLY want it to have a special evolution condition, I'd suggest that Topsy Turvy has to be used in its 7th battle, or do an Inverse battle as was suggested.

For Generation VI, I intend to have a list of approved wildcards that can be used in gyms. And only those. If you think something belongs on a universally approved list of wildcards, you can make a suggestion.

And I'll probably reject it.
    swiftgallade46 likes this.

Blog Entries

I support seventh battle inverse or Inkay.

Magneton/Nosepass should evolve when a coronet's rock is used (like in pmd)

Dark type pokemon in stats is still reasonable for Pancham. People will gladly let you borrow one of theirs if you're new/lacking dark types.

Only gen vi wcs that come to mind are dragalge and goodra for water (evolving from a water and level up pool for former, evolving during rain, hydration, level up pool for latter) and florges for grass. Togekiss/Clefable/Granbull now a normal wc. Gyarados for Dark I guess. Maybe the pokemon that seem fairy and were rumoured to be fairy, but aren't could be fairy wcs. Ones that come to mind are milotic, mismagius and raichu.

I really think that people should be allowed have two gyms though, provided they're different type and region.

Still a strong supporter of inverse in gyms!
    Last edited by Synthesis; 29th October 2013 at 03:36 AM.
    mlouden03 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    I really think that people should be allowed have two gyms though, provided they're different type and region.
    This please, since it's dumb that the hardest part of getting a full set of badges is finding gym leaders and not winning the battles. It's become nearly impossible to get an entire region. Also having one good leader with two good gyms is better than one inexperienced/inactive leader right???

I would even be in favor of just cutting the number of gyms. I don't think anyone can really justify having 50 gyms (w/o OI) besides that it's the way the games work. I'm not exactly sure how this would be done, but with some brainstorming I'm sure we could come up with something.

URPG

Trophies

I support seventh battle inverse or Inkay.

Cool

Magneton/Nosepass should evolve when a coronet's rock is used (like in pmd)

Agree with the idea, don't even remotely care if it's implemented or not.

Dark type pokemon in stats is still reasonable for Pancham. People will gladly let you borrow one of theirs if you're new/lacking dark types.

No more tedious than a trade evo I guess.

Only gen vi wcs that come to mind are dragalge and goodra for water (evolving from a water and level up pool for former, evolving during rain, hydration, level up pool for latter) and florges for grass. Togekiss/Clefable/Granbull now a normal wc. Gyarados for Dark I guess. Maybe the pokemon that seem fairy and were rumoured to be fairy, but aren't could be fairy wcs. Ones that come to mind are milotic, mismagius and raichu.

I didn't mean Gen VI specifically. All gyms, all generations, wildcard list only.
    Water probably wont get one. Neither will Fire/Flying/other gyms that don't need one.
    Going to address your suggestions in order:

On the VERY small chance that water does get a wildcard, Dragalge makes sense. Goodra is a no.

Florges I agree with if Grass gets one.

Normal wildcards I agree with.

Gyarados will be an excellent wildcard for the Dark gym that doesn't exist.

None of those Pokemon seem Fairy to me, but I admit Fairy is hugely unknown right now. No idea how balanced it will be in URPG.

I hate this debate :( see below

Still a strong supporter of inverse in gyms!

Still a strong opponent to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    This please, since it's dumb that the hardest part of getting a full set of badges is finding gym leaders and not winning the battles. It's become nearly impossible to get an entire region. Also having one good leader with two good gyms is better than one inexperienced/inactive leader right???

Inactive, yes. Inexperienced, ehhhh, tough call. I don't believe we should be preventing members who want a gym and have worked towards one from having one so that someone else can have two.

On the other side of that, I don't think we should be saying who can and can't have two gyms, which means we'll likely end up with inexperienced people in them anyway.

There is a side of opportunity to become leaders as well as opportunity to beat them. Finding a balance is very difficult.

I would even be in favor of just cutting the number of gyms. I don't think anyone can really justify having 50 gyms (w/o OI) besides that it's the way the games work. I'm not exactly sure how this would be done, but with some brainstorming I'm sure we could come up with something.

>I'm not exactly sure how this would be done

This exactly. It's been discussed before, will be discussed again. Not only is it tough to determine how we would construct it, but it also means kicking a large number of people out of gyms.
    EDIT: Figured I should post how the list looks so far

• Bug: Kabutops
    • Dark: N/A
    • Dragon: Charizard, Gyarados
    • Electric: PorygonZ, Probopass
    • Fairy:
    • Fighting: Electivire
    • Fire: (none)
    • Flying: (none)
    • Ghost:
    • Grass: Florges?
    • Ground: Tyranitar
    • Ice:
    • Normal: Togekiss, Clefable, Granbull
    • Poison: Gliscor
    • Psychic:
    • Rock:
    • Steel:
    • Water: (none)
    Last edited by Monbrey; 29th October 2013 at 04:17 AM.

Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

I realise this is probably going to be a suggestion thats shot down instantly

our own urpg league with its own badges and 1 gym for each type

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Airik View Post
    I realise this is probably going to be a suggestion thats shot down instantly

our own urpg league with its own badges and 1 gym for each type
    It's been suggested before. I like the concept. But that's only 18 leaders. We currently 42 gyms and the OI league, that's 47.

In order to have 18 gyms, we have to kick out 29 leaders (assuming they're full, I know they aren't). Let's even just say 20 leaders to allow for empty gyms.

Who get's the gyms? I'd probably get to keep Fire (no offense Besty :P) but there would be huge argument/competition over Flying and Water gyms.

Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

Ok so towel suggest 2 or 3 of each type in aim chat thinking about this 3 only increases that number by a little bit and would force some gym leaders out but provide options for switching im sure some might move to a dark or fairy type gym willingly vacating popular water/flying types for this - the league would require you to earn say 50% of the badges or something along those lines maintaining a single badge per type i dunno

Follow CommBA On Twitter Add CommBA on Facebook

Maybe even for Pancham it can be as simple as a Dark Type has to be involved in the battle? Just make the 7th battle a 2v2 against someone who uses a Dark Type.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast