Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation - Page 6

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 172
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

  1. #76
    Registered User Elamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    @Elamite

    Awesome stuff, thanks heaps. I'll get to work on that this afternoon.

    Roar and Whirlwind confirmed broken.
    Yup, just edit my post when you get to it so I know not to keep editing that post.

    Also seriously, going to be ridiculous.

    URPG

  2. #77
    URPG Moderator Monbrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,347
    Trophies

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    @Elamite

    Awesome stuff, thanks heaps. I'll get to work on that this afternoon.

    Roar and Whirlwind confirmed broken.
    Yup, just edit my post when you get to it so I know not to keep editing that post.

    Also seriously, going to be ridiculous.
    I wont edit move changes in yet, for the sake of Gen V accuracy. That can be last.

    So what DOES prevent Roar/Whirlwind now? Just stuff like Ingrain?

  3. #78
    Registered User Airik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Medway, Uk
    Posts
    594
    Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Ingrain/suction cups



  4. #79
    Head of Stories Princess Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    URPG!
    Posts
    1,394
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Magic Bounce/Magic Coat, Taunt too!

  5. #80
    Unregistered User CommBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,783
    Follow CommBA On Twitter Add CommBA on Facebook

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Here's a really random question, I ask it here instead of the general thread because it might affect the calc:

    How does Flying Press with Hawlucha work STAB-wise? Like, does it get a x2.25 bonus cos its a Fighting and Flying move being used by a Fighting and Flying Pokemon? For that matter, how does it work in general, like if Flying Press is used on a pure Steel type (Registeel, I'm blanking atm) does it deal neutral damage because Steel resists Flying but is weak to Fighting?
    No idea as of yet.
    Can't answer for the STAB question, but I know for Steel, Rock, and Bug types, it does neutral damage, so effectiveness cancels each other out.

  6. #81
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,115
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    good job smores;o

    I'm like 90% sure roar/whirlwind are affected by weight differences between Pokemon now. I saw this speculated somewhere after they had no affect on certain Pokemon.

    regarding Flying Press, it hits Steel for neutral and gets stab only once iirc.

  7. #82
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,115
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Level up movepools and TM learnset:

    Honedge:



    Doublade:



    Aegislash:



    Spritzee:



    Aromatisse:



    Amaura:



    Auroros:



    Bergmite:



    Avalugg:



    Carbink:



    Dedenne:



    Fennekin:



    Delphox:



    Bunnelby:



    Diggersby:



    Skrelp:



    Dragalge:



    Furfrou:



    Goomy:

    Goomy - #704 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Sliggoo:

    Sliggoo - #705 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Goodra:

    Goodra - #706 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Phantump:

    Phantump - #708 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Gourgeist:

    Trevenant - #709 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Binacle:

    Binacle - #688 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Barbaracle:

    Barbaracle - #689 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Chespin:

    Chespin - #650 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Quiladin:

    Quilladin - #651 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Chesnaught:

    Chesnaught - #652 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Braixen:

    Braixen - #654 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Clauncher:

    Clauncher - #692 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Clawitzer:

    Clawitzer - #693 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Flabebe:

    Flabébé - #669 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Floette:

    Floette - #670 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Florges:

    Florges - #671 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Skiddo:

    Skiddo - #672 - Serebii.net Pokédex

    Gogoat:

    Gogoat - #673 - Serebii.net Pokédex



    Problem lines: Binacle/Barbaracle, Chespin/Quiladin/Chesnaught, Clauncher/Clawitzer, Braixen, Flabebe/Floette/Florges, Skiddo/Gogoat

    It'd really help if someone could raise any of the problem lines up from level 1 and note what moves they learn! This includes not evolving Chespin, Clauncher, Quiladin and Braixen until sufficiently high level and bringing Pokemon to move relearner.

    Got them from serebii. Potentially inaccurate but seem consistent so far

    Yeah, serebii's looking pretty reliable, better than some of smogon
    Last edited by Synthesis; 22nd October 2013 at 02:46 PM.

  8. #83
    Head of Stories Princess Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    URPG!
    Posts
    1,394
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    I'll goof around with Flying Press and unique type combos so we can see what happens. Will edit when I find things.

    Flying Press vs. Leavanny = Super Effective!
    Flying Press vs. Skorupi = Not Very Effective.
    Flying Press vs. Drapion = Not Very Effective.
    Flying Press vs. Probopass = Neutrally Effective.

    Let me know if anything else needs to be tested, I found these to be the most relevant.
    Last edited by Princess Crow; 22nd October 2013 at 08:09 PM.

  9. #84
    Registered User Elamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    So anything else that can be done?

    URPG

  10. #85
    URPG Moderator Monbrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,347
    Trophies

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post
    I'll goof around with Flying Press and unique type combos so we can see what happens. Will edit when I find things.

    Flying Press vs. Leavanny = Super Effective!
    Flying Press vs. Skorupi = Not Very Effective.
    Flying Press vs. Drapion = Not Very Effective.
    Flying Press vs. Probopass = Neutrally Effective.

    Let me know if anything else needs to be tested, I found these to be the most relevant.
    Leavanny, two Flying weakness, one Fighting resistance = 2x damage
    Skorupi, two Fighting resistances, one Flying weakness = 1/2x damage.
    Probopass, two Fighting weakness, two Flying resistances, = 1x damage

    Drapion I can't figure out. It has one Fighting weakness (Dark) and one Fighting resistance (Poison). Flying is neutral to both those types. Drapion should be neutral?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    So anything else that can be done?
    Can't think of anything right now. Just keep letting me know if more stats/moves/abilities or whatever are found

  11. #86
    Head of Stories Princess Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    URPG!
    Posts
    1,394
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post

    Leavanny, two Flying weakness, one Fighting resistance = 2x damage
    Skorupi, two Fighting resistances, one Flying weakness = 1/2x damage.
    Probopass, two Fighting weakness, two Flying resistances, = 1x damage

    Drapion I can't figure out. It has one Fighting weakness (Dark) and one Fighting resistance (Poison). Flying is neutral to both those types. Drapion should be neutral?
    Sorry, must've made a mistake in reporting. Tried it again and it is neutral.

    Tell me if you want me to test against anything else.

  12. #87
    Registered User Elamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    A few more Pokemon with updated base stats:

    Vileplume/75/80/85/110/90/50
    Victreebel/80/105/65/100/70/70
    Bellossom/75/80/95/90/100/50
    Stoutland/85/110/90/45/90/80
    Unfezant/80/115/80/65/55/93
    Seismitoad/105/95/75/85/75/74
    Leavanny/75/103/80/70/80/92

    URPG

  13. #88
    Gaius Vi Britania mlouden03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Not sure if you have this already. Apparently gen vi held items, gotten from Smogon:

    Assault Vest - An item to be held by a Pokémon. This offensive vest raises Sp. Def but prevents the use of status moves. (i.e. Non-Attacking moves)
    Kee Berry - If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will increase the Pokémon's Defense stat when hit by a physical attack.
    Luminous Moss - An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Sp. Def if hit with a Water-type attack. It can only be used once.
    Maranga Berry - If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will increase the Pokémon's Sp. Defense stat when hit by a special attack.
    Pixie Plate - An item to be held by a Pokémon. It is a stone tablet that boosts the power of Fairy-type moves.
    Roseli Berry - If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will lessen the damage taken from one supereffective Fairy-type attack.
    Safety Goggles - An item to be held by a Pokémon. These goggles protect the holder from both weather-related damage and powder.
    Snowball - An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Attack if hit with an Ice-type attack. It can only be used once.
    Weakness Policy - An item to be held by a Pokémon. Attack and Sp. Atk sharply increase if the holder is hit with a move it's weak to.

  14. #89
    URPG Moderator Monbrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,347
    Trophies

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    Quote Originally Posted by mlouden03 View Post
    Not sure if you have this already. Apparently gen vi held items, gotten from Smogon:

    Assault Vest - An item to be held by a Pokémon. This offensive vest raises Sp. Def but prevents the use of status moves. (i.e. Non-Attacking moves)
    Kee Berry - If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will increase the Pokémon's Defense stat when hit by a physical attack.
    Luminous Moss - An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Sp. Def if hit with a Water-type attack. It can only be used once.
    Maranga Berry - If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will increase the Pokémon's Sp. Defense stat when hit by a special attack.
    Pixie Plate - An item to be held by a Pokémon. It is a stone tablet that boosts the power of Fairy-type moves.
    Roseli Berry - If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will lessen the damage taken from one supereffective Fairy-type attack.
    Safety Goggles - An item to be held by a Pokémon. These goggles protect the holder from both weather-related damage and powder.
    Snowball - An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Attack if hit with an Ice-type attack. It can only be used once.
    Weakness Policy - An item to be held by a Pokémon. Attack and Sp. Atk sharply increase if the holder is hit with a move it's weak to.
    Has some of them, but not all. Thanks :D

  15. #90
    Swifter than Swift swiftgallade46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    545
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

    would it be possible/worth it to incorporate sky battles and inverse battles?

    Also! this was probably mentioned, but the new TMs are Infestation, Nature Power, Confide, and Dazzling Gleam!

    edit: saw a post by smores that had some ability changes. I think he missed that Overcoat protects from powder and spore moves.

    speaking of which let's not forget the new immunities electric, grass, and ghost get!
    oh, and steel losing resistance to ghost and dark
    Last edited by swiftgallade46; 24th October 2013 at 04:37 PM.
    The Blade is Swift but the Wielder is Swifter


    My URPG Stats!
    Ask me to ref on URPG's AIM!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •