Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Also, claiming an argument is incorrect or invalid because it contains a fallacy is in itself a fallacy =P
    >infinite loop
    better than a stack overflow
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

I'd just like to point out that Clauses are not what Monbrey said. Clauses are put into play in order to eliminate, in as much a way as possible, mechanics of the game that are considered broken and/or too easily abused (easily abused is sort of a factor of being broken, but in a slightly more obvious way). When these clauses are formed they aren't arbitrary, they go through/ have gone through a process of suspect testing and voting to determine whether or not they are overpowered (and shouldn't really be seen as much different than a Pokemon ban). There are also a lot of clauses that the URPG doesn't implement that can be used as a clearer representation of this (i.e. Moody Clause, Evasion Abilities Clause, Swift Swim +Drizzle). If it was as easy as Monbrey made it sound there would be stuff like No Dragonite Clause in my gym because I don't want people using Dragonites...

In light of this I think that the URPG should not jump to conclusions on the way MegaEvolutions work and should instead wait and see how overpowered they are. It's pretty hard to tell how abusable something is in game because the games are honestly pretty easy. In light of that, I don't really have an opinion on how MegaEvolutions should be handled yet because I don't think it's really possible to have one. Honestly, at the moment it seems like some of them are extremely broken (like Shadow Tag Gengar, which is like ridiculous) while others are arguably worse than their non Mega Evo'd counterparts (like Heracross which loses speed, the ability to hold an Item, it's amazing ability, in exchange for some attack). I know the URPG tends to not stray away from banning things, but like has been said already :

I'd like to point out that appeal to tradition is a kind of fallacy.
    EDIT: I think someone was looking for changes in current Pokemon,

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oldmon-base-stat-changes.3490041/
    Last edited by Elamite; 16th October 2013 at 10:10 PM.

URPG

Trophies

And I'd again like to point out that fallacies are useless arguing tools and everybody just knows the phrase "appeal to tradition" as a buzzword.
    GliscorMan likes this.

Blog Entries

Double postin:

If anybody wants to use my URPG Stats Converter and the base stats from this thread to start compiling URPG stats, that would be awesome. Not all Pokemon on that thread are confirmed, but if we start a list of those that are I can start working on adding them to the calc.

You'll be helping with one of the biggest hurdles to getting XY added to the URPG ^.^

EDIT: Alternatively, a text file with all 70 base stats in it would also be useful. Then I can just make it read the file line by line for the same output.
    Before anyone starts doing this. After looking through some of the research threads, I'm increasingly getting under the impression that these stats are estimates and not totally final. I'm not 100% sure, but I found a few threads that had numbers close to the ones listed in that thread but not quite those. Also a lot of them have even number stats which also makes me skeptic.

URPG

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    Double postin:

If anybody wants to use my URPG Stats Converter and the base stats from this thread to start compiling URPG stats, that would be awesome. Not all Pokemon on that thread are confirmed, but if we start a list of those that are I can start working on adding them to the calc.

You'll be helping with one of the biggest hurdles to getting XY added to the URPG ^.^

EDIT: Alternatively, a text file with all 70 base stats in it would also be useful. Then I can just make it read the file line by line for the same output.
    Before anyone starts doing this. After looking through some of the research threads, I'm increasingly getting under the impression that these stats are estimates and not totally final. I'm not 100% sure, but I found a few threads that had numbers close to the ones listed in that thread but not quite those. Also a lot of them have even number stats which also makes me skeptic.
    To get exact values we/they would need level 50 or level 100 Gen VI Pokemon with known EV's and IV's lol. Not easy to do.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

And I'd again like to point out that fallacies are useless arguing tools and everybody just knows the phrase "appeal to tradition" as a buzzword.
    Wrong, fallacies are very useful argument and debate tools and I studied them and their use in great detail for four semesters.

You just can't use them on the internet, where people are retarded and the fate of entire threads can be decided by a single reaction picture, Hitler comparison, or animated gif.

Oh, right, Gen VI.

Uh, how about O-Powers? Think we should introduce them somehow? Maybe when people are spectating battles they can pass heals and stat boots to the people they want to win?

URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

For MegaStone obtainment, how about as a Dungeons reward? By tokens or final boss drop.

Could make 'em a bit more rare and special, make Dungeons have something unique to them. They are supposed to make Pokémon on par with legendaries, right?

Trophies

Wrong, fallacies are very useful argument and debate tools and I studied them and their use in great detail for four semesters.

You just can't use them on the internet, where people are retarded and the fate of entire threads can be decided by a single reaction picture, Hitler comparison, or animated gif.

Oh, right, Gen VI.

Uh, how about O-Powers? Think we should introduce them somehow? Maybe when people are spectating battles they can pass heals and stat boots to the people they want to win?

I really hope I can assume you're kidding. I don't think O-Powers or Amie or any of that other crap belongs in a competitive environment. Even if URPG isn't super-serious competitive, at the very least it is mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTowel View Post
    For MegaStone obtainment, how about as a Dungeons reward? By tokens or final boss drop.

Could make 'em a bit more rare and special, make Dungeons have something unique to them. They are supposed to make Pokémon on par with legendaries, right?

...okay, I admit that was a bit of a weak reference.

I have no issue with Dungeons having Megastones obtainable in some way or another, but I would have to recommend against them being exclusively there, as with them being exclusive to any one other section.

Definitely needs to be open to everyone, even if they are still rare/difficult to obtain.

And with that:

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Dem stats. xD Haven't done the Mega Evos yet, though. ^_^;

..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Done all them new mons and megas stats and Monbrey has 'em now, yepyep. :3

Trophies

Thanks guys :D I've added those into the Desktop Calc (cause its way easier than the online one) for a new beta version.

URPG Desktop Calculator

It's available there, but due to changes like Steel no longer resisting Dark/Ghost, should not be used for current-mechanics URPG battles.

EDIT: There's a beta web calc too: http://monbrey.com.au/urpgcalcs/battle-beta.htm

Type chart hasn't been touched, so it probably wont know what to do with Fairy types.
    Last edited by Monbrey; 17th October 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    Double postin:

To get exact values we/they would need level 50 or level 100 Gen VI Pokemon with known EV's and IV's lol. Not easy to do.
    Ya I'm aware of that, so is there really a point in someone going through and doing this with the nonexact stats that exist? Like they're going to have to go through and redo them for when they get the real stats right? Luckily! Serebii seems to have collected the real stats (or they seem pretty confident) so check out their X/Y Dex !!

Vivillon - #666 - Serebii.net Pokédex

URPG

Blog Entries

Uh, Serebii has a reputation for posting the first things they believe to be true as facts. Those seem to be Smogon's initial presumed base stats of everything (hence so rounded), and not the actual 100% confirmed ones. Smogon only have a few Pokemon known for a fact, and they're far more reliable. Aegislash's 60 base stats for instance appear to be lower than that actually.

E: Actually, Serebii might be better than I thought! The stats I've checked have matched up, so yeah go serebii!

Trophies

@Elamite; and @Synthesis;

BT used the stats from Serebii in the calculations, so thanks, but we should be good for now.
    Elamite likes this.

Blog Entries

-Auroros isn't Ice/Dragon
    -Need to edit retconned types
    -Flabébé's name
    -Are those stats all 100% confirmed? I notice some small differences like Greninja's 339 speed to 343 now, but there are also some big ones like Dedenne's speed from 259 to 301, Hawlucha's speed from 319 to 335 and Klefki's Sdef from 259 to 273
    -Stats undefined from Tangrowth onwards

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast