Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation - Page 11

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon XY Discussion, Research, Suggestion & Preparation

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Like I said, if this is a serious suggestion that you guys really would like Staff input on, write up a proposal and post it in the Trainer's Court. This thread is for discussing stuff that has been confirmed, researching the new games, any quick suggestions and preparations that need to be done. This seems like something that will probably spiral, so let's remove the clutter and give this proposed Gym rework it's own thread.
    I agree. I'm planning to do a formal writeup of the suggestion with comments so far and a layout of how I think people want it to be implemented some time before tomorrow night.

OT:

This seems to be a complete list of all known move changes for X/Y. Granted it is posted by a member with only 4 posts, but it was just a translation of another site's work and also, I've seen maybe everything posted there in other threads/sites. Having one list is tidy and convenient.
    mlouden03 likes this.

URPG

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessRuler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Mod input: I like holding onto the gyms from the game because it's traditional. However, at this current time we will have too many gyms to fill and keep track of. I am in favor of scrapping the system and reducing the number to sixteen or eight. For multiple leaders of the same type, determine through their stats and activity, or make them battle it out.

tldr; reduce to sixteen. I would vote for a change.
    Wouldn't reducing the gyms to one of each type be 18 gyms and not 16?
    close enough.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

I dont see why there needs to be a proposal instead of just a discussion with ideas thrown back and forth and the staff taking that picking the best bits and hashing something together from it after all thats what the staff is here for to help push the community forward - ask monbrey for more details but if either of you got onto aim for any length of time (chain/ATF) you might of noticed that this topic has been discussed back and forth during the day.

From that conversation 2 of each gym type seems like the optimal layout with although this isnt reducing the overall number of gyms by a massive amount it does even the spread of gyms (Rock/Electric/Water) which happen to be very common gym types will be reduced while Dark will finally get two gyms and fairy an additional one. As well as some other slight reshuffling this will get rid of some Gyms setting it at 36. This will ensure that most current active gym leaders stand a chance at claiming a gym as well as leaving stuff open for newer members to aspire towards. It also deals with the Issues of Timezones and inactivity (mostly temporary inactivity that doesn't require a leader to be replaced - say winter for example who although around has reduced her activity significantly due to school)

In regards to people losing there gyms i think with the introduction of Dark and an additional Fairy Gym as well as forcing everyone to re apply that Current Gym leaders will stand a fair chance at getting a Gym type they want while still allowing others to try (for instance monbrey who has held his gym for a long time should be better at defending it than random nub a with a wider range of em'd pokes and experience he should get a fire gym again. without any real concern)

As for people Currently with badges there's been two trains of thought - if you have a badge from a gym now it converts to the new gym type in the urpg league (Eterna's Forest Badge for instance would convert to generic urpg grass badge) With the addition of Fairy type and Dark type as gyms no one will have a full set of UPRG Gym Badges upon gen 6 launch in urpg or the launch of this system if there not implemented at the same time

The other suggestion is that everyone starts fresh i feel if this option is chosen that we would need to implement some kind of legacy system where the achievement of defeating one of the old gyms mattered somehow - not sure how or what this would be but it would be a shame for people who spent time and effort to earn badges to just go NOPE that didn't count

anyway feel free to treat me like shit and demand we all send proposals rather than just hearing us out in a more casual manner
    BlueTowel likes this.

I actually like that up above there. Airik's post. Mhm.

All I really gotta add is... needs more RP. I'm-a think on that for a day and maybe a bit.
    GliscorMan likes this.

Swifter than Swift swiftgallade46's Avatar
    Blog Entries

maybe old badges could be converted into money or an item or a pokemon depending on how many were previously obtained?

there should also be a way for people who dont get a gym right away to get one eventually. not sure if this is already a thing or not, but maybe there should be some difficult way to replace an active gym leader? like more challenging then beating them in one battle, but not impossible.

anyway, this is all assuming things are even changed which they might not be. It doesn't affect me much at the moment, but i wanted to give a suggestion i guess...
    "everything is awesome" Velo Jello 9:03 pm
    Hey swift, before I hate myself for thinking of this
    How many battles could a swift ref ref if a swift ref could ref swiftly

My URPG Stats!
    Ask me to ref on URPG's AIM!

Blog Entries

I went ahead and submitted that proposal. I know it's not much but it is late at night and it gives a proper thread to discuss this matter in.

Credit goes to Reader =)

Stats
    Gym Stats

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

There needs to be a proposal in a separate thread because otherwise threads that have a certain purpose like, say, preparing an online game for a particular new addition spread out into other discussions like, say, WildCard possibilities and new Gym organisations. This thread is about what has changed and what will change in the URPG in relation to Gen VI, not any player-designed Gym Leagues.

Any further posts discussing a change in Gym structure will be deleted.

Also, regarding AIM: some of us work for a living. URPG isn't the most important thing in my life. That doesn't mean I don't care about it - I do. I just don't have time for every single online discussion.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

Edit by Chainy: Then don't post.

Edit by Monbrey: lol'd at Chainy's edit.

Edit by Airik: Removed as per your request fine sir

Edit by Chainy: No need to do so, finer sir, I respect your opinions: just didn't want them clogging the thread as per my earlier statement.

Edit by Monbrey: I really like this trend of making the edits longer and more elaborate as they continue on down the list, but it kinda gets into a danger of there being these ridiculously long run-on sentences that ramble, don't make much sense, and should be avoided wherever possible because it makes someone's thought processes difficult to follow which really isn't ideal in a forum based discussion such as this one we're having here in our extended edit conversation.

Edit by Airik: Ahh most esteemed Monbrey if you like the idea of epic elaborate run on sentences while trying to follow a plot perhaps chock full of grammatical and spelling errors perhaps i can direct you towards PWN's Story section there i have written for your delectation a collection of equally terrible short stories all of which are full of the terrible english that i practice one a near daily basis however if you prefer someone using the queens english in a correct and just fashion the fine mister blue towel has just posted a delightful fable about a lotad and a pikachu hopefully one of these equally exciting options will tickle your fancy in only such a way as a particularly filthy harlot dressed in a french maids outfit complete with feather duster might
    Last edited by Airik; 31st October 2013 at 06:02 AM.

Everyone in the URPG is Crazy,

Blog Entries

If we weren't we wouldn't be any fun. Which is why you love us and still partake every now and then =P
    Ash K. likes this.

Credit goes to Reader =)

Stats
    Gym Stats

For Mega Evos, would you guys prefer to have the Mega Evolution data on the same page as the normal species (scroll system), or would you rather have an individual page for each Mega Pokemon?

example:

Venusaur #003 | The Ultra Dex
    Mega Venusaur #003 | The Ultra Dex
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

hm..Since only stats and abilities change iirc, no different moveset, you could just put like Speed: 100/120 and Ability: Overgrow/Whatever (I don't remember) xD There could be a small print or asterisk near the Mega ability, or it could have its own section under the Dream world ability section/information.

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

I personally like the second option better, since it seems easier to work with as a ref by having them on separate pages.

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Correct sir, you are, which is why we're happy to have you here.

one of us.

-

How 'bout we don't implement XY.

/quietly waits for whiplash

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by EmmySCx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Correct sir, you are, which is why we're happy to have you here.

one of us.

-

How 'bout we don't implement XY.

/quietly waits for whiplash
    I'd take Gen 6 over Gen 5 anyday.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast