Pokemon Ultra RPG coming to Bulbagarden

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Ultra RPG coming to Bulbagarden

Arrow Pokemon Ultra RPG coming to Bulbagarden

Honorable members of Bulbagarden, I ask you this.

Are you ready for a challenge?

My name is Harry and as Head of the Pokémon Ultra RPG, I’m excited to announce the opening of a new branch on Bulbagarden. I invite you to join us and embark on this exciting journey.

Who we are

Pokémon Ultra, commonly known as URPG, is a Pokémon organization dedicated to fun-loving members. You start as a trainer with a single Pokémon, with the option of participating in any number of engaging sections and events.

You can strike forth to battle other members, challenge gym leaders and the Elite 4. Roleplay with other trainers as you search to discover the mysteries of National Park Island. Write stories, filled with passion, to earn new Pokémon. Participate in Contests, coordinating your pokemon to perform dazzling feats. The URPG offers something for everyone.

Most importantly, however, we offer a community of members, a family of friends.

Yes, the URPG is about people. It's about the friendships that we've formed and the fun that we enjoy together. It's about the challenges that we've created to overcome and the dream of being the best that we never gave up. It's about a group of friends who came together one noble night, and decided that they too could create a world in which they could enjoy what they love. That world is the URPG.

So welcome to this wondrous and time-tested adventure.

Battles

“Mike took 20 minutes to send Detect, then used Night Slash but Gengar exploded. Zam and Nape came in, and Nape Fake Out'd. Then it switched to T-Tar who received a Choice Scarf from Trick. Zam PAR'd T-Tar, then T-Tar Crunch'd and KO'd.

Then all Hell broke loose as Marth stalled.”

~ Referee Stinky, describing Challenger Mike battling Champion Marth

Challenge your friends and rivals in gameboy-based combat as you surge forth to become the number one trainer. Discover new strategies and new tactics to battle your opponents. Teach your Pokémon new tricks and moves, expanding their capabilities to counter any threat. Defeat Gym Leaders as you fight your way up to the Elite 4… and someday… the Champion. Become the very best that ever was.

Stories

“The smoke seeped into his lungs, forcing him to cough and sputter, bringing a torrent of tears spraying from his eyes. His knees met a particularly thick bush, and he floundered within it, feet apparently ensnarled by the bristly vines. His senses were so awry that he couldn’t think… He wouldn’t allow himself to think. Touch was all he had left, now that sight, smell, had hearing had been lost to the chaos, and he fought against the entangling forest.”

~ Bryce and Kat, When the Crumbling Wall Tumbles

With the arts of the pen in hand, strike forward to compose a tale so thrilling, so endearing as to mark the test of time. Whether mystery, action, drama, romance, comedy, or any other number of genres, your story is welcome here. Relate to us your dreams of worlds never seen and of characters as real as you or I. Tell us, in your own words, how you and your eternally loyal Pokémon became friends once upon a time.

Contests

“This contest was really the best I had ever seen because every trainer used [a] Cool move! :D”

~ Judge Ataro, describing a Cool Contest

Coordinate with your Pokémon to show the world that there is more to life than battling. Enhance your Pokémon’s innate traits through berries and pokeblocks. Appeal to judges through demonstrations of ultimate strength, elegant beauty, perceptive intelligence and much more. Compete against fellow coordinators as you prove that your Pokémon, above all others, deserves to earn that proud ribbon.

Roleplaying

“It all seems too well-planned, too perfect...And every so often, visitors see and hear...things. Ghostly creatures that don't look like any animal or Pokemon and don't register in a PokeDex, or unusual, eerie noises that seem to come from everywhere...”

~ Head Ranger Dog of Hellsing, Park Description

Delve into the deep unknown as you search the far reaches of National Park Island. Explore wild and untamable terrain as you capture creatures known from regions around the world. But be warned, dangers lurk around every corner. Poachers threaten to steal all they want. Dark organizations conspire in secrecy. And some threats… are simply beyond mortal comprehension. There is something… wrong about this place… something very wrong… Enter at your own risk.

Join us

Join our 11-year-old group as we join your family, the family of Bulbagarden. When I first approached your moderators with this proposal, I was unsure about its reception. However, you and your leaders welcomed us with open arms and good ideas. So I know that this is the right place for us. We want to be your friends, and we you hope that you will be ours.

The URPG branch opens April 15th on Bulbagarden. Please feel free to comment and ask questions.

Also, join us in our IRC Channel #URPG!

This thread has been approved by AiedailEclipsed.

Important Links

- Pokemon Ultra RPG on BMG
    - Pokemon Ultra RPG on PE2K
    Last edited by HKim; 11th April 2010 at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra RPG coming to Bulbagarden

Hee, I'm so excited about this! I think we've discussed expansion a few times before, but now it's finally happening ^^. It'll be a lot of work, for sure, but I think it'll definitely be worth it.

Get ready, Bulba-goers! Things are going to explode here in May! Well not literally, unless my Gengar randomly detonates...

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this too Jess, only seems like yesterday when I was challenging Ecruteak gym with just a Gastly and a Geodude... ^_^;

It's weird when you think about it, I can think of so many good memories just off the top of my head. Hopefully you guys here at BMG will be the same too. Are you guys excited? (:

I am also super excited about this, it's all so new and refreshing....

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Ah. Yes, guys from BMGf, I'd definitely think it'd be in your best interest to register your opinions about this.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Blog Entries

Ha sounds cool!
    Credit goes to Blazaking!

Werewolf I: Bulbatown

Blog Entries

I'll await May.... cool since Summer holidays are up in May for me as well... I HAVE to check it out.

Sounds great.
    Welcome.

Thanks.
    [ Rest in Peace, Takeshi Shudo ]

Awesome banner made by BlazaKing EX, thanks:)

Blog Entries

Looks good and interesting. I'll check it out sometime definetly.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'll have to do this eventually. All in all, it sounds interesting.

We're very interested in opening up a dialogue here between URPG and BMG members. We certainly aren't familiar with the culture of the board and I'm sure you have questions on how we operate and work.

So please ask us any questions that you might have or give us any advice you have to make this transition as smooth and fun as possible!

Haha, you used the champion log. I think MK wrote that part of the log though. ;x

So um yeah. I'm excited to see the URPG expanding and stuff. ^_^;;

Wow! This sounds real fun! ^_^ I'll need to check this out at some point. :D Can't wait 'till May!

To all the new guys who joined here, I hope you have fun. X3 Can't wait to see how this works.

I can't wait to battle other people for mone- I mean friends :9

~|Keion|~

The Heretic Twintail ragnarok0422's Avatar
    Add ragnarok0422 on Facebook
    Follow ragnarok0422 on Tumblr

Yeah... this was the reason I joined here... to meet and greet members interested to join the URPG. :]

*sigh* More painful stories to write to catch new mons for me, then. :D

- - - - - - - - - -
    URPG Stats | Ranger Logs | Judging Logs
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Yume nara takusan mita~
    Sameta mama demo mada ai tai~

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast