Planning for "The Trainer's Estate"

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-10, how much do you like the idea/concept?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll

24 43.64%

9 16.36%

5 9.09%

1 1.82%

3 5.45%

2 3.64%

1 1.82%

0 0%

0 0%

10 18.18%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning for "The Trainer's Estate"

stomach hurts... RainbowMoondust's Avatar
    West side of the U.S. That's all you get to know.
    Blog Entries

Default Planning for "The Trainer's Estate"

I'm gonna start by compling all we know here.

Summary made by Siless, edited/built on by me.
    It's like a home for any URPGer to join, format/purpose similar to the Casa but more in-depth and much more normal. The design will make it so that mini RPs can occur in the Estate while not disrupting other events that go on, unlike in the Casa where one action draws from everyone else due to the single thread. It will also be easy to jump in at any time.

The story.(Finished-sort of)

Current Plan

-Each Wing contains 2 huge, luxourious bathrooms. One for the girls, the other for the boys.

-People get to request where they want to be, but keeping amounts even makes the final verdict.

-The Phychic Wing is reserved for those of any importance.

-Each of the 3 other wings probably have a 'Wing Official' in charge. Each of the Halls will definatly have a 'Hall Official' looking after things. Once there are more people, there will be more than one official per hall.

-The halls hold room threads. The "courtyards" will also be a thread of their own.

-The Halls are no longer seperated by gender.

Physical Layout

Discriptions

List of URPG members who support this.
    RainbowMoondust
    Kaiser Hosikawa
    Karas132
    PlatinumDude
    Ebail
    AceTrainer14
    Siless
    Pokeshipping4everX3
    Synthesis (?)
    Foxxy Loveshakes
    Ace of spades
    Boober
    Feng
    MagikchickenURPG
    Zolar
    Black Cat320
    DrStubbsberg
    kanga
    PikaCal
    Stormy
    Alaskapigeon
    pichuvolttackle
    Mombrey
    Neonsands
    TrainerCasey
    Bullfinch
    derian
    Muffins!
    LightningFast
    Rayquaza Tamer100

ANNOUNCEMENT:
    We are not yet allowed to create subforums, but we can if if this turns out sucsessful. But HKim said we can make as many threads as we need. So I'm gonna get to work figuring stuff out.

Sign-ups are here-
    The Trainers' Estate: Office: sign up and stuff
    Last edited by RainbowMoondust; 31st July 2010 at 07:44 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.
    My URPG stats I'm a ranger.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Planning for "The Trainer's Estate"

I start with the Rules. More will be added in time.
    Rules
    -PG-13 content(anything further can go in PM's,IM's dont really care.NOT ON THE FORUMS)
    -No bashing people unless for RP relevance(Have there permission first)
    -Watch your language.
    -No dragging others to do anything against their will.No means No.
    -Use only URPG Pokemon.If its not in your stats, you don't own it.
    -No Gen V before release on URPG.
    -First come first served.
    -Once you select a room, you may not select a different one.
    -No overnighting in another persons dorm unless its a approved event.
    -2-3 line minimum please.

Will organize and add more later. Breaking these rules will result in suspension and ,if necessary, expulsion from the Trainer Estate
    Last edited by MaverickKaiser; 15th August 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Is a poll really the best at this point? The idea is still in the early stages of production, things could change that would make people who voted high dislike it or those that voted low (not that there's any yet) like it.

Just thought of an idea to toss out; instead of each wing having two halls based on gender, we could have the halls based on some other aspect of the Pokémon, with each hall containing (at least) one main building and two dorm buildings (for each gender).

Using the Psychic Wing as an example, the Mewtwo hall could contain the active officials of the estate, while the Mew hall could house trainers that have made themselves a reputation in the estate, either through battle or service. (I picked this to be housed this way based on previous discussions, with the Mewtwo hall housing the ones who actually keep everything in working order because of how much more "active" it is in the world than Mew at this point.)

Blog Entries

Those are some points to think about. Thank you for your input Siless.
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

追放されたバカ

Thats a good idea. How about we add him to the team? A three way partnership.

Blog Entries

Siless? I thought they were a girl... Well, as far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants to help can.

My pokeshipping drabbles

I'm male. Gardevoir mess you up?

I can work through the wings to come up with characteristics for each hall. I think separating each wing description by post will make the ideas easier to organize, and I can edit in additional wings/description changes if we need them, if that sounds alright.

Blog Entries

All right. It can't hurt to try.

My pokeshipping drabbles

追放されたバカ

Alright then.I can manage the Bar/Kitchen/Cafe lol Im a part time waiter irl.Good?

Blog Entries

I'd rather there not be a bar. It's a kitchen/cafateria.

My pokeshipping drabbles

追放されたバカ

Well how bout like a ice cream bar.Or a soda shoppe.Something old school but still cool

Blog Entries

A snack shop sounds good. What do you think?

My pokeshipping drabbles

You should include a list of these locations and their descriptions in the 1st or 2nd post.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I think a general kitchen/cafeteria area will probably be best at the moment, so you don't go over the top too much

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Fire Wing
    Members of the Fire Wing tend to be spontaneous and emotional, though many of the more experienced occupants seem unusually in control. The main wing building greets visitors with extravagant artwork with mostly vibrant colors lining the walls. A contest hall is available in the main building, as well as a battlefield, but battling is mostly done in the area of the halls instead. Outside, the building is painted brick-red, showing off the fiery spirit of its occupants. The halls are built out in the open for an outside feel, while buildings for the dorms themselves provide shelter (or some nice, quiet time while everyone else is outdoors). Small campfires surround the path to the main entrance. These fires are monitored heavily, and are blocked off from visitors (Wing members can use a special entrance to reach the fires, allowing for maintenance and s'mores). Beyond the fires lie small model volcanoes ranging in quality from "science fair"-quality to realistic.

Moltres Hall
    The area around the hall's three buildings is designed to be rocky and barren, but the hall itself has such a vibrant, lively air that visitors usually don't notice. The two dorms are separated by a central meeting hall, but are all joined under one connected roof. Murals (mostly of volcanoes) decorate the outer walls of the buildings. There's almost always some activity in or around the hall. A battlefield outback is strewn with boulders for more tactical/evasion based battles. Occupants here tend to show more care for their Pokémon than their brethren in Entei Hall, but insinuating that the other hall does care more for their Pokémon typically leads to battles. The Moltres Hall runs the Fire Wing's small medical facility in the main hall.

Entei Hall
    A dirt path through grassy plans leads to the hall, which sits itself around a large dirt battlefield. The buildings are all brick and form a circle around the battlefield, with the dorms being in the back and an entrance building in the front. The sides of the buildings facing the battlefield are all reinforced, but still show signs of damage from the frequent (and chaotic) battles. A statue of Entei stands in the entrance building to greet all visitors. Member activity ranges from rigorous training to playful racing, though most members also spend at least one day a week resting. The hall and the area around it is filled with energy, but there isn't always as much activity as with it's sister hall. Entei Hall regularly hosts battles for the entire wing, and often invites other wings to participate as well.
    Last edited by Siless; 25th July 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast