New Rule #2 Re: Basic Pokemon

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Monbrey
  • 1 Post By KidBeano

Thread: New Rule #2 Re: Basic Pokemon

Trophies

Default New Rule #2 Re: Basic Pokemon

The staff have agreed that the previous new rule on basic battling was a little too strict, and as such the following changes will be implemented.

All basic Pokemon can earn a random amount of money from battling in 1v1 battles, to be determined by a 500-sided dice roll at the end of the battle.
    However this can only occur on Wednesday's, every second Tuesday, the 13th and 25th of each month regardless of what day this is, and months that have a blue moon.

To balance this new system, no battles involving fully evolved Pokemon will pay anybody anything.

All gym Pokemon must now be wildca-Oh nevermind, you get the idea, I'm trolling.

What's actually happening is that from now on, you may draw the evolved form of a Pokemon for submission in the art gallery in an attempt to capture the basic form, such a piece of artwork depicting Charizard for a Charmander.

This means that by drawing Charizard, you only have to meet the score requirements of a Charmander. However keep in mind that we won't be giving any lenience just because you've chosen to draw a more challenging subject - it will still be held to the same standards we would expect for the basic Pokemon.
    Ash K., Felly, Dex and 3 others like this.

Dex

Default Re: New Rule #2 Re: Basic Pokemon

I'm liking this. Now if I'd just actually finish a drawing instead of continually telling myself that I will...

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

I had so much hope when I read the first sentence.

Then I cried. Because this doesn't qualify as news.

Seriously though this rule is cool, and should totally be introduced into Stories too.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post

Seriously though this rule is cool, and should totally be introduced into Stories too.
    actually, that is possible. As long as the target shows up somehow and its evolutionary form takes the plot stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post

actually, that is possible. As long as the target shows up somehow and its evolutionary form takes the plot stage.
    I know. What I meant was I would like the ability to write about, say, a Hitmontop but ask for a Tyrogue.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post

I know. What I meant was I would like the ability to write about, say, a Hitmontop but ask for a Tyrogue.
    Could you just have it start as a Tyrogue and evolve early in the story? /clueless about story stuff
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Trophies

The basic has to feature somewhere in the story, no matter how small.

Even if the Hitmontop is like "I remember learning this when I was a Tyrogue" *cue flashback*

That one scene counts, but it has to be in there.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Question: How do leap years affect this new system? That devious extra day is just waiting to screw us over.

Regarding stories:

Quote Originally Posted by The Grading Group & Grading Guide
    The Capture

The purpose of a URPG story is the capture of Pokemon. Most stories feature an actual capture attempt in the plot itself, even if this is not necessary. However, the Pokemon listed for capture must show up in the story somewhere. The harder the Pokemon is to capture, the more important to the story it must be. A Porygon-Z story had better have that Porygon-Z do something interesting. Cameos aren't enough.

If the story puts the capture before the end and continues on after the Pokemon is captured, this is still fine. It is necessary, in fact, for multiple-capture stories. Don't worry about that.

Again, the common practice of ending the story on a "will the Poke Ball work?" situation is not necessary. If you see a promising writer using this mechanism over and over again, let them know that other endings are possible. A lot of competition entries end stories in creative ways.
    Derp.

So both are kind of right. Maybe there should be some kind of system like this implemented into stories, because if you were writing for Munchlax (demanding) or something, I'd assume that's starting to be at the level where the Pokemon should be featuring, not just appearing. So, having Snorlax in your story but little-to-no Munchlax means you haven't really fulfilled the "Demanding" expectations.
    Voltaire Magneton likes this.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Exactly what KidBeano said. I remember a scenario where I wrote a story involving a Gallade, and it had a small flashback to when it was a Ralts (i.e. two paragraphs or so) but it apparently wasn't enough to be eligible to ask for a Ralts.

I'm sorry, this was probably the wrong place to bring that up, I just saw a correlation =P
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS