I want to hear your voice! - Page 3

View Poll Results: What would you prefer to see at this year's Easter Event for the URPG?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Great URPG Easter Egg Hunt!

4 7.27%
  • Easter Raffle/Lottery

12 21.82%
  • Ultra RPG Easter, New Life

26 47.27%
  • Or, a completely new idea for the event

13 23.64%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I want to hear your voice!

Default Re: I want to hear your voice!

new-life and i want it just the way it was back then. it was awesome then it should be awesome now :P

Why can't people just be happy getting a free mon? Yea, you might already have it, but honestly, these events are not about having an excuse for everyone to get some amazing pokemon they don't have. The New Life idea is a good one the way it is, and at some point, everyone will be in the position to benefit from it, whether its this year or next, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    For the egg thing, why not keep it simple and roll an X-sided dice? Each side represents a first-stage Pokemon.
    I think this idea is pretty fair :o The odds can be skewed if the officials are afraid of too many people getting good mons or something. For example, you could have the odds of getting a Easiest mon be like 1/2 then Simple 1/4 Medium 1/8, etc. This is obviously an over simplified method but still. And then within that category you could roll for the mon, since I kind of like that idea better than people getting to choose, personally. I dunno seems like a simple method for everyone to end up with a Pokemon and very few people will end up with something extravagant.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
    Why can't people just be happy getting a free mon? Yea, you might already have it, but honestly, these events are not about having an excuse for everyone to get some amazing pokemon they don't have. The New Life idea is a good one the way it is, and at some point, everyone will be in the position to benefit from it, whether its this year or next, etc.
    and id also like to mention that the one's that are most likely to get cool mons are the ones with less pokemon, assuming you picked a started that isn't a mart mon. so if you only have say 3 mons. and 1 of them (your starter) is a hard+ mon. you have 1/3 chance off getting an awesome mon. and while yes most officials etc... have plenty of cool story mons. i don't think any of them have that good odds

Personally i think that either the lottery or the new life thing works and would work well. Sure you might not get something awesome with the new life thing, but having something that gives away rare mons easily lowers their value. They are rare and difficult to get for a reason. I dont like the easter egg idea because only one person wins the prize, and that kinda spoils it for everyone else

Though if someone thinks up something new that is good, we should definitly go with that :D
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMudkip View Post
    I think the 3 ideas are great. However, the hunt might take way too long unless someone is so very hardworking... Which I would totally do if I hadn't bugged my eyes out looking for cleffa dolls on PE2K for the ASB.

The lottery and the New Life thing are also great. But, I'd want a compromise. There'd be a lottery, so the regular prizes, yada yada, but there would be like X eggs up for grabs. Then, those people who receive eggs have a chance at getting a new Pokemon, determined by a roll or something, or the egg hatches with other freebies... I know, my idea is random, but thanks for reading. XD
    I like this idea of combining the raffle/lottery thing and the new life by putting eggs into the raffle/lottery ;)

Another idea is to run both and say each person can only participate in one of them.

I'm just trying to make everyone happy :D

Also, @Alaska: Averages will always be between the highest number and the lowest number... The only problem is that it might not be an integer...

Anyways, if I had to pick one of the three exactly the way it was, I'd go with raffle/lottery.

I also like Pidge's HP Reroll #2 idea as PART of it :P
    URPG Champion, Official, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree City Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    AIM MewAshMew (mention URPG or BMG or I'll probably block you); PWN/PXR/SPC Ash K., PE2K Alcadies
    Stats
    Wishlist
    "if you think anything about ash in a battle is going to necessarily happen besides him proving you wrong think again" – Swift
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    I like this idea of combining the raffle/lottery thing and the new life by putting eggs into the raffle/lottery ;)

Another idea is to run both and say each person can only participate in one of them.

I'm just trying to make everyone happy :D

Also, @Alaska: Averages will always be between the highest number and the lowest number... The only problem is that it might not be an integer...

Anyways, if I had to pick one of the three exactly the way it was, I'd go with raffle/lottery.

I also like Pidge's HP Reroll #2 idea as PART of it :P

All I have to say is I'm a sophmore and still in geometry. This is not my area of expertise. Bah.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

I got a Spiritomb from the New Life ages ago, lol. So I vote for New Life. Even if I got a mart, I only have to pay 2k for it (if the price doesn't change).
    [12:45]: (husnainisme) the LS tournament
    [12:45]: (husnainisme) u get one move you dont normally learn
    [12:45]: (husnainisme) or have

Ok so basically my idea that i already posted,

if the person has more then 5 pokemon in his/her stats then 5 are chosen randomly. numbers are added together then divided by 5. I have tested it multiple times and there is no chance of a number being calculated that does not have a corresponding number.

I also calculated about 3-5 mins per person a official does it for.

approximatly 60 people even at the max 5 mins per person thats 300 minutes

share that between 3-4 people its only like 1-1.30 hours per approver. :D

Quote Originally Posted by eternus_situs View Post
    Ok so basically my idea that i already posted,

if the person has more then 5 pokemon in his/her stats then 5 are chosen randomly. numbers are added together then divided by 5. I have tested it multiple times and there is no chance of a number being calculated that does not have a corresponding number.

I also calculated about 3-5 mins per person a official does it for.

approximatly 60 people even at the max 5 mins per person thats 300 minutes

share that between 3-4 people its only like 1-1.30 hours per approver. :D
    Even though this sounds like an interesting method, doesn't it just make more sense to just do a completely random Pokemon D:? That makes that 1-1.30 hours into like 3 minutes D:

I was thinking the new life but with a wild card option, so like the poster rolls a hundred sided dice, 1-5 = wildcard mon 6-100= stat mon. The wildcard mon is basically any non legendary 1st stage pokemon which is rolled afterwards, and the stat mon is the basically the same as the new life event as it was.

Blog Entries

I really like the new life idea, but as others have said, if I roll a Rattata there aren't many people(if any) who are even going to want to trade me another mart mon for that. And I definitely wouldn't want two Raticates. So if we can fix that then New Life would be best.

If not, then the raffle or a new idea would be best in my opinion.

I'd like the Easter Egg thing, but wouldn't it be better if someone random got our egg instead? What if I get an egg of a Mart mon that no one will want to trade for their Scyther. Personally, I think the random egg is fun. Doing it over the GTS is just delightful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123