I want to hear your voice! - Page 2

View Poll Results: What would you prefer to see at this year's Easter Event for the URPG?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Great URPG Easter Egg Hunt!

4 7.27%
  • Easter Raffle/Lottery

12 21.82%
  • Ultra RPG Easter, New Life

26 47.27%
  • Or, a completely new idea for the event

13 23.64%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to hear your voice!

Blog Entries

Default Re: I want to hear your voice!

I understand that yeah and I know that there are bound to be disappointing rolls for many people. It's just it's not as if Everybody has equal chances at equal prizes like the B/W draw, The longer someone has been playing URPG, they're odds of getting better rolls are higher .

I just feel that the way it is now is kind of unfair to those relatively new to URPG as they do not have enough mons of different levels of accessibility in order for this to benefit them as much as someone who has been at this for months or even years.

Beggars can't be choosers.

You're getting a free mon without doing anything, and there's a x% chance it will be valuable, asking to make it something guaranteed valuable may be pushing it. @_@
    Last edited by Pidge; 23rd March 2011 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers.

You're getting a free mon without doing anything, and there's a x% chance it will be valuable, asking to make it something guaranteed valuable may be pushing it. @_@
    I'd rather get a free Mon that isn't Mart. Anyways, still thinking of a new idea.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Blog Entries

Getting a (Not exactly) free pokemon is all fine and well, But the whole appeal of the new life event is to get a pokemon you already have and trading it to someone else. However getting a pokemon worth anything to someone else is another question if no-one wants a mart mon for their non-mart mon then your not going to find a trade easily.

Again, I don't exactly expect a valuable pokemon there will be a chance of a fail roll pokemon, it's just the chance of a fail roll is much higher for those who only have access to mart mons

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes. View Post
    Getting a (Not exactly) free pokemon is all fine and well, But the whole appeal of the new life event is to get a pokemon you already have and trading it to someone else. However getting a pokemon worth anything to someone else is another question if no-one wants a mart mon for their non-mart mon then your not going to find a trade easily.

Again, I don't exactly expect a valuable pokemon there will be a chance of a fail roll pokemon, it's just the chance of a fail roll is much higher for those who only have access to mart mons
    This is assuming you are the only one without a story mon. Also, I'm sure you could convince someone to buy you a pokemon from the mart to trade for.

Everyone has access to all mons, vets have just been around long enough to use that access. Rare mons should be earned. This is just an opportunity for you to get one, how you go about getting it is up to you (and your luck).

Blog Entries

Not specific to me, but to all New users

Blog Entries

I kinda like the New Life thing, but the lottery would be awesome if there wasn't a chance of paying 4.5K for nothing.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

I think the 3 ideas are great. However, the hunt might take way too long unless someone is so very hardworking... Which I would totally do if I hadn't bugged my eyes out looking for cleffa dolls on PE2K for the ASB.

The lottery and the New Life thing are also great. But, I'd want a compromise. There'd be a lottery, so the regular prizes, yada yada, but there would be like X eggs up for grabs. Then, those people who receive eggs have a chance at getting a new Pokemon, determined by a roll or something, or the egg hatches with other freebies... I know, my idea is random, but thanks for reading. XD
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

URPG Easter new life.
    (3:38:28 PM) [URPG Leaders]: (ojajrrj) TE is trolling
    (3:38:32 PM) [URPG Leaders]: (ojajrrj) the leaker has motives
    (3:56:16 PM) [URPG Leaders]: (sniperxpwnage) although it's also worth consideration of how we're seemingly pinpointing all the blame towards TE when supposedly, a staff of ours is at fault
    (3:56:47 PM) [URPG Leaders]: (imsocorn) Its important that we deal with TE
    (4:02:00 PM) [URPG Leaders]: (hkimf) Yes, permanently ban TE.

good, you guys know how to pinpoint the error

New Life.
    /totally did read all the links
    URPG Stats
    Rangering: Closed currently
    Story Deals: Closed for now (Open to bribes)

P.S. My story deal load is a lot, so if you bribe me now you have to wait pretty long.

Alright this is my idea, i know im new so if you think its rubbish then say so.

you collect a list of all a persons pokemon ie eelektross,metagross,cubchoo.... etc. you add up all their pokemon number so for example

eelektross is 604
    Metagross is 376

then you add the numbers together and divide by how many pokemon that you put in for this example 2. So 604 + 376 = 980/2 = 490 unfortunatly this is a legendary so to fix this, we switch the last 2 numbers around to make it 409 which is a ramparados. you only do the switching if its a legendary you get after finding the average of the mons dex number.

seeing as this pokemon is a ramparados you then give the person its lowest evolution form. which is a cranidos.

if you do this for every person then they could get a pokemon they already have or a completely new one.

well thats my idea :D

Quote Originally Posted by eternus_situs View Post

you collect a list of all a persons pokemon ie eelektross,metagross,cubchoo.... etc. you add up all their pokemon number so for example

eelektross is 604
    Metagross is 376

then you add the numbers together and divide by how many pokemon that you put in for this example 2. So 604 + 376 = 980/2 = 490 unfortunatly this is a legendary so to fix this, we switch the last 2 numbers around to make it 409 which is a ramparados. you only do the switching if its a legendary you get after finding the average of the mons dex number.

seeing as this pokemon is a ramparados you then give the person its lowest evolution form. which is a cranidos.

if you do this for every person then they could get a pokemon they already have or a completely new one.

Now I like this one. Fair and there is a possibilty of getting a new mon. Only issue is that some people have 100+.

Quote Originally Posted by eternus_situs View Post

eelektross is 604
    Metagross is 376

Yeah. Seeing as how some people (I'm looking at you, Bumbles) have a huge number of Pokemon and because the BW numbers go so high, with a lot of people you would divide it and get something like 384o274o38098. Some of those characters are the letter 'o'. That just means it's longer.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Blog Entries

For the egg thing, why not keep it simple and roll an X-sided dice? Each side represents a first-stage Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Etrnus situs' is a good idea, but people will know what pokemon they will get and try to Fix it so they get a certain mon, although that will take some effort

Throw in a random aspect, like five random mon and divide by five and that will be a good idea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast