Gym, Dojo, & Elite Roll Call! - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gym, Dojo, & Elite Roll Call!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gym, Dojo, & Elite Roll Call!

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    Seriously, it's just a name. The contest section is going fine btw, it's not like DG is the only Head Judge. Moved him into inactive judges.
    It's not just that, it is his overall lack of being able to provide for the powerful statue he bears. Every time I touch on the subject of DG, it seems as if you never argue back about the inactivity.

Some of you WANT him to stay in his position, but not because of how much he contributes, only because you like him. That argument is 100% a biased statement. We need to firmly pinch onto what he ACTUALLY does overall, not "Oh, I was his friend. He's cool. He can stay I guess."

Blog Entries

Canalave City (Steel)
    Leader: pman
    AIM: gurussonpman
    Badge: Mine
    TM: iron tail
    Pokémon: Metagross, Empoloeon, Aggron, Forretress, Magnezone (o) Scizor, Lucario, Skarmory (r)

Sorry...I've been away and hasd no internet
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Oshawott View Post
    I'd like to point out that I've barely been on any forums at all, first due to exams, then due to a ban because I hadn't learned my lesson about not going into the Real World anymore, and then because I was stuck in an airport. I take absolutely no blame for not posting, and agree with MK that this whole thing is complete bull. It is not hard to do a forum search of the gym names in the Battle section, since refs put it in the log, and seeing how often the Gym Leaders battle. If it's not often, then you try to PM or IM them, find out why that is, rather than an arbitrary thread that someone who isn't on the forums for the duration but is still active as a leader would miss, or that someone who absolutely never battles anymore but is still active on the forums wouldn't.

/rant
    Activity is still part of your responsibility as a gym leader.

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    This. If you're active on AIM there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to check the forums.

It is not hard to do a forum search of the gym names in the Battle section, since refs put it in the log, and seeing how often the Gym Leaders battle.
    Oh it isn't hard? Do you know how many gyms I'm managing? 32. There is no way that I am going to look through logs every so often for each of those gyms to see who is active. That idea is flawed anyway- there are multiple leaders who are active but don't get challenged (like Haze). Rollcalls are easy. If you're active, you keep your gym. If you're inactive, you lose it. If you're inactive, but extenuating circumstances cause you to be unable to post, you can just talk to your LO about it.

And if you know you're going to be away for some period of time, just post in the gym thread saying that. @_@

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I believe it's possible for someone to be available on AIM (where it mostly matters for gym challenges), but not really pay attention to the forum, like Khajmer. Fenix figured out the converse of that.

Master of Hats and Ponies Lord Fedora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    Yes it is. It is not, however, my responsibility to be on the forums every single day regardless of my current circumstances. Normally I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    This. If you're active on AIM there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to check the forums.
    Had someone challenged me I would have gladly accepted, because it would have been child's play to look up from my textbooks every time the "ding" went off informing me that the turn was being played. I didn't, however, have time to do browsing of any sort on the internet, including the forums.

Oh it isn't hard? Do you know how many gyms I'm managing? 32. There is no way that I am going to look through logs every so often for each of those gyms to see who is active.
    Want to know how long it took me to do exactly that for kingraptr when I was concerned about his activity and wanted to bring it to Ataro? Less than 5 minutes.

That idea is flawed anyway- there are multiple leaders who are active but don't get challenged (like Haze).
    Which is why I specifically said that you don't just kick them from their Gym if they aren't battling much, you go and find out why.

Rollcalls are easy. If you're active, you keep your gym. If you're inactive, you lose it.
    I am active. I lost my gym. Funny how that works out, isn't it?

If you're inactive, but extenuating circumstances cause you to be unable to post, you can just talk to your LO about it.
    I'm going to assume you meant "active" and point out that it's the LO's job to manage the gyms, including who is active and who isn't. Aside from that, kingraptr, who was ridiculously inactive, didn't lose Cerulean because of a roll call. He lost it because Ataro had it pointed out to him that he was inactive. Meanwhile I'm losing my gym all because I haven't been frequenting the forums lately. This is bullshit.

And if you know you're going to be away for some period of time, just post in the gym thread saying that. @_@
    Except that I wasn't away. I was perfectly available for battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    I believe it's possible for someone to be available on AIM (where it mostly matters for gym challenges), but not really pay attention to the forum, like Khajmer. Fenix figured out the converse of that.
    Well obviously it is. But I think that it should be the LO's duty to remind the AIM active people to respond to rollcall. Which I do.
    Had someone challenged me I would have gladly accepted, because it would have been child's play to look up from my textbooks every time the "ding" went off informing me that the turn was being played. I didn't, however, have time to do browsing of any sort on the internet, including the forums.
    That's funny, you seemed to have enough time to make a couple posts on PE2K.
    Want to know how long it took me to do exactly that for kingraptr when I was concerned about his activity and wanted to bring it to Ataro? Less than 5 minutes.
    5 minutes times 32. 156 minutes. Okay. Sounds like a fun two and a half hours!
    Which is why I specifically said that you don't just kick them from their Gym if they aren't battling much, you go and find out why.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not your LO: Leman is. I do this my regions. I make sure that in my regions, everyone is active. And if they are active and haven't responded to rollcall, I give them a friendly reminder. If they're inactive and respond to rollcall, I send them a PM saying that they need to be more active in order to keep their gym.
    I am active. I lost my gym. Funny how that works out, isn't it?
    Except you didn't lose your gym, since rollcall was open for two weeks. :S
    I'm going to assume you meant "active" and point out that it's the LO's job to manage the gyms, including who is active and who isn't. Aside from that, kingraptr, who was ridiculously inactive, didn't lose Cerulean because of a roll call. He lost it because Ataro had it pointed out to him that he was inactive. Meanwhile I'm losing my gym all because I haven't been frequenting the forums lately. This is bullshit.
    Yeah, I meant active. And are you implying that the LOs aren't managing the gyms well enough?

Honestly, I don't see why you're so miffed. You got your gym back, why keep complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Fenix figured out the converse of that.
    I thought that was pretty funny
    URPG Stats
    "whut" missingapparatus
    I am quite average actually, and I have no boobs. So no point in stripping ^_^

Blog Entries

5 times 32 is 160.....156 doesn't make sense at all :)
    URPG Snowbelle Leader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pman View Post
    5 times 32 is 160.....156 doesn't make sense at all :)
    The fact that he couldn't do basics maths proves he is overworked ;-D

Blog Entries

I believe that as long as you didn't make the roll call, the position is now open.

BUT hey Khaj... you know you can always just re-apply........

Quote Originally Posted by Feng View Post
    I believe that as long as you didn't make the roll call, the position is now open.
    It's still open

BUT hey Khaj... you know you can always just re-apply........
    No, you can't actually. If you could, roll calls would be entirely pointless (I think they are already but that's not the point)
    URPG Stats
    "whut" missingapparatus
    I am quite average actually, and I have no boobs. So no point in stripping ^_^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    It's still open
    Yeah, just said that, just worded it in a very confusing way

No, you can't actually. If you could, roll calls would be entirely pointless (I think they are already but that's not the point)
    Where does it say that?

Blog Entries

So if I happen to be on holidays (which I was), I have to tell everyone that I'll be away or I lose my gym for good? Sorry but there are websites that make money by trolling the internet for dates that IP's will be on Holidays, they then track down the physical address of the IP and people rob your house.

So becasue my father is paranoid, if I was to post that I'll be away for x amount of time, I'd get in heaps of trouble.

I think if you miss a rollcall and have extenuating circumstances, you should keep you gym. Also, the week of Christmas is a horrible time to do a rollcall, heaps of people go away and sometimes internet isn't readily availabe
    URPG Snowbelle Leader

Quote Originally Posted by pman View Post
    So if I happen to be on holidays (which I was), I have to tell everyone that I'll be away or I lose my gym for good? Sorry but there are websites that make money by trolling the internet for dates that IP's will be on Holidays, they then track down the physical address of the IP and people rob your house.

So becasue my father is paranoid, if I was to post that I'll be away for x amount of time, I'd get in heaps of trouble.

I think if you miss a rollcall and have extenuating circumstances, you should keep you gym. Also, the week of Christmas is a horrible time to do a rollcall, heaps of people go away and sometimes internet isn't readily availabe
    If they went for holidays, they would have probably posted somewhere or told their respective LOs they would be away for how long. And if you have that sort of problem, which is a little weird, you can just tell your LO privately.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast