Now that the Winter Holidays are over and we finished the URPG Banners Competition, we return to our Art Capture Challenges!
First off, I'm proud to announce that we have three new Art Curators based on the judgings of last round. Please welcome Pidge, Kai-Mei, and TsukiKaiki64 to the stage!
I again shall host this competition, though this time with assistance from the Curators, who will eventually take over this project (which is good, I'm no artist).
Please note that the system we're testing is not set and we may change certain aspects as we proceed forward. By participating in this event, you can have a little competitive fun, earn a little money, and help the URPG at the same time. And perhaps, you might even win the prize.
The Theme is: Cherish the Moment
As we move from one year to the next, with the world moving so quickly around us, some things are just lost. Participants under this theme are to pick a moment from the world (Pokémon themed, ‘cause that makes it even better) that can easily be lost in time, so to speak. Pick a moment that you feel is likely to be lost and is worthy of preservation, and then put forth your best interpretation of it in artistic form.
- 1st place: Medium Pokemon (A Hard Pokemon if it is 'exceptional')
- 2nd place: Simple Pokemon
- 3rd place: Simple Pokemon
- $3,000 for 'passing' (as determined by the Curators)
- Depending on how the Art Capture Challenge ultimately turns out, participants might receive an Art Emblem.
- You must be a member of the URPG to participate.
- The entry must reflect the theme without further explanation; additional details or comments of the entry shall be put in the Description.
- An entry may be created in any way the artist wants and can (graphics editing program, photography, painting, sculpting, a combination of medias, etc.), as long as the artist is able to display the image through PM.
- No entry shall have animation, as the line between image and video becomes indiscernible.
- The minimum width of an entry is 400 pixels.
- The minimum height of an entry is 400 pixels.
- The URPG Art Curators recognize sprites and signatures/banners/tag (whatever you want to call them) as art, but advocate filling up a larger canvas as a challenge.
- You are given two weeks to submit your entry. You may only submit one entry.
- In order to compete, an artist should submit an image to the Challenge Host (HKim) through PM in the file type of a .gif, .png, or .jpg by the designated deadline.
- Once the deadline is reached, the entries will be displayed in a thread to be judged by Curators and interested members. Note that it is possible to both participate in the event and judge it.
- Any resources, including stock images and downloaded brush files, shall be linked to, along with the entry.
- Do not use pre-made entries.
- Please follow all forum and URPG rules, or you will be disqualified and/or warned.
- An entry not meeting these guidelines will be disqualified.
- If in doubt, ask before entering.
Artist: Your name here
Entry Title: The piece's name
Description: You may write one or two sentences regarding your piece.
Resources Used: Link the resources, if any.
To submit your piece, PM it to me.
Anyway, good luck and have fun! If you have any questions, feel free to post them here! I'll try and keep this thread updated with the number of entries so far!
Current Number of Entries: 4