Art Capture Challenge Judging
Welcome everyone to the Judging of our Art Capture Challenge! I'm your host, Harry Kim!
Ladies and gentlemen. I would like to inform you that we have an outstanding submission count of 12 Entries! Your enthusiasm for participating in this trial run is simply outstanding. You can be sure there will be a prize for this contest. I'll figure that out after I receive the judging scores.
Speaking of scores, here's how the Judging Process is going to go:
- Any URPG Member is allowed to judge the entries.
- You are given one week to judge. You must judge every entry. If you submitted an entry, judge every entry except your own.
- To submit your judgement, PM me with the scores. Title the PM: "Art Challenge Results".
- You can judge based on any criteria ranging from sections of cultural value to technique to theme significance to how close they followed the rules to whatever you can think of.
- All entries will be judged out of a total of 100 points. You can split how many points are allocated per each section you consider important, but the maximum is 100 points total. That means that a mediocre piece will score less than 25 points, a decent piece will score between 25 and 75 piece, and an outstanding piece will score above 75 points. I highly recommend you explain why you scored the piece as you did.
- As mentioned before, this will be a method in which I select permanent Art Judges to run these Challenges that will likely end up in its own forum. The more information you can provide on why you judged the piece the way you did will help me determine your qualifications and give you a better chance of being selected.
- I reserve the right to eliminate judgements that I feel are unfair, biased, or simply incomprehensible.
- After receiving the scores, I will average them based on how many people judged each entry. The entries are then ranked by the highest average. The more points, the better.
- Participants may be able to claim their $5,000 for participating after the contest is over.
- Judges will be paid $6,000 for judging. I reserve the right to not pay you if I feel your effort is not worth the payment.
- I will likely list the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries after I receive the scores. I might list the average scores for each participant.
I'm going to state here again, that I'm not an artist. So I have not disqualified any of the submissions because I have no idea which submissions break rules or not. I'll leave it up to our art judges to figure out which pieces violate any rules and if they should be docked points or not.
Anyway, good luck. I now present the amazing entries of our URPG Artists!
Theme: "New Horizons"
Entry Title: New Horizons
Description: Deoxys flies through spacing, look for a place to call home.
Entry Title: Untitled
Entry Title: New Horizons
Description: Uh, it's just what the sunset looked like near where i live. Edited a bit on GIMP. :3
Artist: Dog of Hellsing
Entry Title: The Beginning of a New Horizon
Description: Cherubi notices a new horizon beginning to take form and wonders when it'll get finished. This is a humor piece and was thrown together in Photoshop in like 10 or 15 mins, so yeah, it's crappy XD. Graphic Art isn't my strong area.
Artist: Dark Moonlight
Entry Title: A new dawn is the beginning of new horizons (shortened down; New Horizons)
Description: Basically, I summed up this in a banner: "A new dawn begins a new horizon!"
Entry Title: The Unsuspecting Newcomer
Description: This is somewhat similar to personal experience. I, for example, started with an Igglybuff (in retrospect, possibly the worst choice I could have made.) However, that made me think, "What would it be like if someone started with a Sunkern?" Also, try to find the Mew. :)
Artist: Casey Adkins
Entry Title: Kingler
Description: This was a piece that I made to make my love of Kingler clear. It describes the theme by showing that even an old pokemon can gain new heights has it did in Generation 4 when it gained Physical STAB.
Entry Title: Newborn Mime
Description: What boasts new opportunities more than life being brought into this world?
Entry Title: good morning
Entry Title: Moonrise
Description: Every time I thought of "new horizons" I thought of that one scene in Pokemon Movie Whatever where Latias and Latios fly off into the horizon and die, which was pretty morbid and mildly depressing. I decided that making a (pardon the cheesiness) new horizon for them to fly off into would be a cute idea, so I have them flying into a perfectly normal moonrise, where Latios doesn't die and all that fun stuff. As if that wasn't enough, I added the Pokeball and Masterball at the bottom- in my imagination, they escaped from some cruel trainer somewhere, allowing them to spend the eons together.
Entry Title: A Psychedelic Sunrise
Description: It's a normal Sunrise, isn't it? Nope, it's a giant version of the Psychic Sun, Solrock!
Entry Title: The Curious Case
Description: Confused. Irritated. Betrayed. Lie?