The URPG Times Office / Recruitment Centre

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The URPG Times Office / Recruitment Centre

Blog Entries

Default The URPG Times Office / Recruitment Centre

By 8-Bit
    Last edited by Ataro; 31st March 2011 at 04:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Our History & Goals

By Matthew, Text Edited By Ataro

Our History & Goals

Dated back as far as 2004, the URPG Times had a humble beginning by its founder, [Fair] of PE2K. Although it started out solely for the URPG alone, Fair’s articles, along with his helpers in each section amassed popularity and fame over time, and thus his work evolved from a measly URPG oriented Newspaper to a forum wide Newsletter, “The PE2K Times”. Of course he was able to handle different kinds of new readers, in his own unique ways and boy, did he have a sense of humor! However, as time passed by, the PE2K Times died one eventual day. It was brought back up again as ‘The URPG Newsletter’, only to revolve around the URPG this time round, but due to some reasons and happenings, it went back to the graves where it emerged from. Days, Months, and a Year or so passed. When URPG opened a new Branch in the Bulbagarden Forums, the popularity and activity it had earned made concerning URPG Staff to think for a while, and decided to tamper with the dead Newsletter. We hope to be able to achieve the following:
    • Report on the URPG
    • Let the community know what's happening and what's interesting
    • Establish a dialogue with the members
    • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
    Last edited by Ataro; 31st March 2011 at 03:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Default URPG Times Employees & Sections

URPG Times Employees & Sections

-Founder-
    [Fair]

-Editor(s)-In-Chief-
    Alaskapigeon
    Gmandiddy

-Editors-
    OPEN

-Individual Sections-
    News & Events: MaverickKaiser
    Announcements: Gmandiddy
    Trading Section: MaverickKaiser
    FFAs: Fossil Fusion
    Comics: Fossil Fusion, OPEN
    Articles/Reports: Kantomaster, Donyor
    The Buzz: OPEN
    Featured Member Interview Q&A: MaverickKaiser
    Pokémon Of The Week: SLC, MaverickKaiser
    Story Of The Week: Buoysel,
    Roleplayer Of The Week: OPEN
    Quiz Master: Webmaster
    Target Week: Fossil Fusion

Job Scope
    Not sure of the requirements or the things that are expected of you for a specific job? No worries, I will explain it to you.

Trading Section
    You will get a list of up for trades offers that are posted in the Trading Machine for that specific week. When sending the information to your Editor, remember to include the person's name that is offering the trade, along with a link to that specific post. Then, list out the Pokémon that he is offering in alphabetical order.

FFAs
    The person in charged of Trainer Of The Week will handle this as well. While counting the number of battles, also make a separate note for the winners of each FFA reffed. Include the position (and thus, number of players in the FFA), member's name and Pokémon, referee in charged, and the Special Rule for that FFA.

Comics
    You are expected to make a comic for the URPG Times each week. Due to the relative difficulty and time constraints, you can make a comic on an alternative week pattern. If there are multiple people in charged of this section, they can take turns making comics as well. As permanent workers of the newsletter, you will also receive a slightly higher pay than normal contributing members. This section is still subjected to removal if responses aren't good.

Articles/Reports
    The people in charged of this section are expected to have a relatively 'okay' writing skills, with proper spelling and grammar. That doesn't mean for you to be a grammar nazi as well. As long as it is readable and presentable, you're good. You're expected to submit one or more article/report for each week, or alternative should you be unable to do it every week. Your articles/reports can range from all kind of URPG materials, ranging from a wide range of subjects like the history of URPG, the play style in URPG battling, what Pokémon to use, a writeup/article on a specific Pokémon or a type, etc.

The Buzz
    This is basically what's happening around in the URPG community, except it will be based on the more private but still acceptable messages, such as on VMs or AIM Chats itself. You can include gossips on what's going on in URPG at the current moment, or even include quotes or short logs from AIM itself.

Featured Member/Gym Leader Interview Q&A
    You're expected to complete an interview each week with an URPG member and a Gym Leader respectively. You don't have to do both, since they belong to different sections. I'm just combining it while explaining it since it's rather similar. The interview questions are up to you but you should remember to make the content relatively interesting, or amusing. This isn't required, but a general tip would be to complete it a 'roleplay' style. Look at Issue 3 if you need an example. You can be random, funny, amusing, or whatever that you can think of, just remember to stay on topic for the respective Member or Gym Leader interview.

Trainer Of The Week & Spendthrift Of The Week
    You will be expected to complete a spreadsheet data each week for the relevant subject you're compiling. For TotW, you need to split up your data into 'Basics' and 'Non-basics' battles. For SotW, you need to split up your data into 'Pokemart', 'Daycare', 'Dream World', 'Park Store', and 'Berry Store'. Although it looks difficult, it is in fact very easy. People in charged of these sections will be given more information as they accept the job, regarding various administrative issues such as the awarding of certain permissions to edit the spreadsheet and such. If you're really keen to help with this but don't know how to operate a spreadsheet, fret not! Simply apply for it and I'll teach you. It's nothing harder than typing in numbers in a box, at all.

Story Of The Week & Roleplayer Of The Week
    Unlike the previous sections, you will not be expected to compile a spreadsheet data. You have to simply look through the stories or roleplays posted within the current week, and pick one that you think is the best. Best as in the most interesting, amusing, funny, excellent example, different perspective, unusual, etc. The bottom line is for you to pick one based on your opinion. You have to write a recommendation to it as well, explaining things like why did you pick it and why is it worth reading. Nothing too long, but it should cover all of the relevant information that's needed.

Application Form:
    Name:
    Section(s) You're Applying For: (Feel free to name a new section (+elaboration) if you think that it'd be a good addition for the Times)
    Activity Level: (State how many times a week you're online)
    Please note that during some of the time, when the person in charged isn't available (which he should have informed me beforehand), I might ask for other people to help and they might not be even a Times Employee. I refer to those as part time contributors. Nothing important, just saying.

If you're starting to think about your URPG dollars; yes, you will get paid for your work. We can't possibly expect you to do so much for us and get nothing in return! Your pay will be decided by the Editor-In-Chief - you will be paid according to your sections (eg. good article/report write ups will definitely get paid more than other sections). Don't expect too much though - we can't possibly pay you 10k for submitting a comic, can we? :P
    Last edited by Fossil Fusion; 31st March 2012 at 10:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Times : New Announcements!

Name: Feng
    Your Area of Interest: Informative Writing, Opinionated/Biased Articles, Commentaries, Columns, making Banners
    Experience: AP English-College Level
    Activity Level: 24/7...
    Reason we should hire you:

I can see this fell apart again
    URPG Stats
    "whut" missingapparatus
    I am quite average actually, and I have no boobs. So no point in stripping ^_^

Blog Entries

si comprende

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Name: Tyranitex
    Your Area of Interest: Editorials, Spotlights, and Oddjobs.
    Experience: Accelerated English all through my school years. Journalism Class for 2 years. Other than that, I have 2 stories in the URPG. Both of which were passed.
    Activity Level: Usually on around midnight West Coast time.
    Reason we should hire you: I'm good to have on a team because anything that you want me to do, I am able and willing to do. I can work to a deadline and I'm good at whipping something up quick if someone misses theirs.

Yeah, It was like "Hey, look, Surprise letter. We will be back in 8 months."
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

Kanga did most of the work putting the last one together, and hasn't been online because of the holidays. I guess nobody's tried to put it together again in the meantime.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Default Re: The URPG Times HQ & Recruitment Office

Name:Ryoku
    Section You're Applying For: Comics
    Activity Level: Just about every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoku View Post
    Name:Ryoku
    Section You're Applying For: Comics
    Activity Level: Just about every day.
    Approved! I'll start PMing you details.

Anyone that's interested in comics can still apply (reminder), since it's multiple opens.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

Blog Entries

Name: Gmandiddy
    Section You're Applying For: Trainer of the Week, FFA
    Activity Level: Off scale :D

Claiming Pay as well

Name: Buzzer
    Section applying for: Roleplayer of the week
    Activity: Available at most times

Note already kind of doing this but yeah want to help out more often.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Claiming for doing the thing I did.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast