URPG Rules 101
For all those people who can't seem to remember them all.
- You take care of your own stats. This involves updating your record and money count. If you are doing multiple 1 VS. 1 battles to evolve a Pokémon, you can update your stats after they are all over.
- You can only uses 3 posts in your stat page. This means the first post + 2 more. Not until the board says your stat thread has 3 posts.
- A forum ban means an URPG ban too. No matter who it is.
- Clone accounts are illegal and thus an one-way ticket to getting banned.
PokéMart/Hidden Power Reroll
- You post your own order.
- You must wait until your order is accepted before you substract the money from your stats.
- You purchase your Daycare & Dream World moves/abilities at the Pokémart for $5,000 each. You get these instantly once they're approved.
- You MUST put which Pokémon you own have Breeding Moves, Move Tutors, Special Moves, or Dream World ability taught to them. If you are caught cheating, like everything else, there will be penalties. But this will be more strict.
- Bids start at $1000.
- Bid increments must be at least $100 and at most $5,000.
- Only bid if you have the money for it.
- A bid takes place on all 3 forums, it is your responsibility to check all 3 to ensure you have the highest bid if you want to win.
- All bids are non-retractable. If he/she can't claim the prize after a time period, he/she will have the money removed from his/her stats accordingly without getting the auctioned item still.
- Auctions will happen whenever they happen, please have patience.
- Auctions will last for one week.
- A trade starts by one person posting that he/she wants to trade and the other person replies he/she will trade. Once both people agree, they trade. You must have a Trade Supervisor accept your trade before it becomes official.
- If you are trading to evolve your Pokémon, do a trade-and-trade-back. If an item is needed during Trade Evolution, you must buy it from the Pokémart.
- You can also buy a Link Cable in the Pokémart to bypass the need for a trade-and-trade-back. You do however still need the items like Metal Coat if the evolution requires it.
- You can’t trade your Starter Pokémon to anyone. It is yours to keep forever. You can only trade-and-trade-back to evolve it, like Machoke to Machamp.
- You can't trade any Pokémon that are participating in a current, active forum battle, tournament, or contest. If you do trade, either your trade will be canceled or the above (apply where applicable) will be declared over. This is done by a Moderator or respective leaders/seniors of each section.
- If you decide to leave, for any reason, you may trade away any Pokémon in your stats away, except your Starter. You can only trade one Pokémon to each individual. Plus, those trades must be fair, to the trade supervisor's own judgment.
- You can not trade/tradeback just so the other party can teach your Pokémon TM/HM/BM/MT/SMs, or feed your Pokémon Pokéblocks.
- Members without messengers may have up to 3 forum battles here. Members with messengers may only 1 forum battle at a time. If you go over the limit, your battle will be locked.
- Gym leaders get an extra forum battle for their gym matches.
- Trading Pokémon. If you want to trade a Pokémon that is involved in a battle, you must wait for the battle to be finished in order to trade. If you do trade that Pokémon, your battle may be locked and your opponent will win the match.
- Don't post in other people's battle threads, unless you have the right to.
- The Ref of the match posts the battles, unless he/she asks one of the battlers to do it for him/her.
- All battles must be physically reffed; counting one battle as many because the outcome is the same is not allowed and will be punished accordingly.
- You can OHKO for Evolutions, but not for money. That means, unless it's evolutionary you cannot battle someone in a 1v1 more than once, unless both Pokémon are different. BOTH Pokémon.
- In 2v2 or more, you can't reuse the same Holding Item for the next Pokémon once your first one faints. In Stadium/Colosseum, you state your Holding Items at the start and can’t change it, while in G/S or R/S you state it when you first send out the Pokémon.
- If the Pokémon is currently in battle, but you have gotten it a new TM/HM/BM/MT/SM, then you can't use it in that current battle.
- If you have already beaten a gym and gotten it's badge, you can only receive the money on the second try and others.
- Pokémon can only use one ability in battle, but you can switch abilities between battles.
- If you have to leave during a FFA; you can not give control to someone who is already participating. You must get someone outside in the FFA to control your Pokémon, or someone that was in the FFA but fainted already.
- It is an offense to predetermine the outcome of any battle, including those used for evolution.
- You must write everything yourself. If you are caught stealing stories which aren't yours, you will be (forum) banned.
- Don't post in other people's story threads, unless you have the right to.
- You have to post your stories/grades yourself. You can't have someone post it for you. No exceptions.
- You are not allowed to feed Pokéblocks when your Luster is either maxed or will be over-maxed when you feed the remaining Pokéblocks.
(eg. feeding another 50 Luster Pokéblock to a Pokémon that already have 240 Luster is not allowed and is considered abuse)
Note: Rules with * in front of them are being checked out. If you have proof that goes against them, then PM me. If you have a rule you think should be in here, PM a moderator the reason(s).
Last edited by Monbrey; 2nd April 2013 at 01:07 AM.
courtesy of The Laughing Man (banner contest runner-up)
There are five major sections of the URPG. Battling, writing stories, roleplaying, participating in Contests, and drawing Pokemon.
Battles are the most important aspect to the URPG. This is the only way to evolve your Pokemon to higher versions. Visit the link below to learn everything about Battles.
Reffing Encyclopedia: BMG | PWN
This is where you write a story to catch Pokemon. This is the main way to obtain new Pokemon for your team. Visit the link below to learn everything about Stories.
How To Write Stories: BMG | PWN
A new section to the URPG, the URPG National Park allows trainers to catch pokemon and interact with other trainers through roleplaying.
National Park Rules: BMG | PWN
Contests seem to be a favorite past time among some members. You are a Coordinator and your aim is to win ribbons and participate in leagues.
Judging Encyclopedia: BMG | PWN
The Art Gallery is URPG's newest addition to the core activities that you can do. Draw art pieces of Pokemon and get it curated, and you just might have a chance of capturing the Pokemon that you've drawn! Visit the link below to learn more about the Art Gallery.
How To Make PokeArt: BMG | PWN
The Ultra Dex
We have our very own PokeDex. You can use this to check for moves that your Pokemon learn, their evolution stages and methods, abilities, methods of obtaining, and more.
The Ultra Dex
Here’s a look at some important threads you might want to look at.
You can find all your shopping needs, chances to enter contests and quizzes to make money. You can find The PokeMart, The Underground, and the Auction Room here. All wages of the respective sections will also be posted here. For a more detailed description, please visit The Marketplace thread.
Marketplace Board: BMG | PWN
Want a better Pokémon? Want to evolve that Machoke into a Machamp? Find someone else to trade with.
*Note that giving Pokémon or anything in your stats to another Trainers is ILLEGAL. You will not be allowed do this.
Trading Machine: BMG | PWN
These Pokémon can only be won through special contests, tournaments or defeating the Elite Trainers. Only a few have been taken, everything else is available. No legendary Pokemon are permanent, but they are well worth going for. Why? Bragging rights, of course. ;)
Legend Defender: Always Changing!
Elite Four Champion: Pidge (Ho-Oh)
Dojo League Master: Airik (Shaymin) November 25, 2012 - May 25, 2013
Winter Writing Competition '12: Alaskapigeon (Jirachi) March 23, 2013 - March 23, 2014
Summer Writing Competition '12: EmBreon (Mewtwo) October 8, 2012 - October 8, 2013
Winter Writing Competition '11: Magikchicken (Lugia) April 6, 2012 - April 6, 2013
History of Legendaries (aka expired)
not fully consolidated
This is where you can bring a topic up and want judgment on it upon the Moderators and Officials. It’s like a suggestion but for major topics only. You can take crimes to court also. Check the Court Rules first before starting a thread.
Trainer's Court Board: BMG | PWN
-Records, Awards, and Member Respect Hall-
If a member accomplished something for doing their part in the URPG history, they get their name here. Also listed with it are the URPG Member's of the Year awards, which are held every year.
Respect Hall: BMG | PWN
Apart from the Story Writing Competition, different events and tournaments are held from time to time. Some of these events include URPG Secret Santas, seasonal Auctions, annual URPG Awards, annual Gym Tournaments, and many more. Stay tuned so you don't miss the fun!
Last edited by Ataro; 30th November 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Who wants money? This is how the payments will go.
Normal Single/Double Battles:
NvsN: win; lose; draw
1vs1: 1000; 500; 750
2vs2: 1000; 500; 750
3vs3: 1000; 500; 750
4vs4: 1500; 750; 1000
5vs5: 1500; 750; 1000
6vs6+: 2000; 1000; 1500
It is common for battlers to use 1 VS. 1 battles to get experience on their Pokemon quick. It is fine to do this. However, there are certain 1 VS. 1 cases in which the battle will pay neither battler nor the ref. These cases are when the battle only lasts one turn, or when one of the Pokemon is fully evolved. If one of the Pokemon has enough battles to become fully evolved but did not evolve, the owner of that Pokemon will not get paid. However, if a trainer only has one Pokemon, he/she is exempt from this rule and therefore is paid, as well as the other battler and the ref, unless this is being done excessively (up to discretion by URPG staff).
Special types of battles do not pay by the amount of Pokemon, as stated below
- type: win; lose; draw
- All Gyms: 3000; 1500; 2000
- Elite 4 and Champion: 4000; 3000; 3500
- Tournament: varies
- Remember, you also get awarded the gym's TM and badge if you win, but only for the first win. Subsequent wins grant only money.
Multi Battles are a little different and have adjusted pay. The values listed are for each battler.
- n VS. n: win; lose; draw
- 2 VS. 2: 1000; 500; 750
- 4 VS. 4: 1000; 500; 750
- 6+ VS. 6+: 1500; 750; 1000
- Regular: $500 per Pokémon used in battle (ex. 2v2 means $1000)
- 1v1 battles will only pay if both mons are not fully evolved
- 1v1 battles that are finished in one turn will not pay regardless of evolution stage
- Double Battles: $500 per Pokémon on one side
- Gym- $500 per Pokémon used in battle
- Elite Four: $4000
- Champion: $4000
- Tournament: Variable
- Typical contests pay $2000. You don't have to wait till wage period to collect these.
Graders, Rangers, and Curators
Do check respective threads, as wages for these professions are judged differently.
Newsletter (Currently Inactive)
- Story of the Week: $1500
- Trainer of the Week: $1500
- Roleplayer of the Week: $1500
- Pokémon of the Week: $1000
- Additional prizes/wages will be given out as the Chief Editor sees fit
Last edited by Monbrey; 2nd April 2013 at 08:40 PM.
This is a list of positions. Referees, Graders, Judges and Gym Leaders have their own thread which is linked at the end.
HKim (BMG / PWN)
-Second in Command-
Ataro (BMG / PWN)
Bumblebee (BMG / PWN)
ChainReaction01 (BMG / PWN)
Fossil Fusion (BMG / PWN)
Monbrey (BMG / PWN)
Princess Crow (BMG / PWN)
We Taste Pies... (BMG / PWN)
WinterVines (BMG / PWN)
BlueTowel (BMG / PWN)
Felly (BMG / PWN)
Fierce Deity (BMG / PWN)
Jack of Clovers (BMG / PWN)
Nitro (BMG / PWN)
SLCalamity (BMG / PWN)
Referees - Monbrey
Graders - Princess Crow
Judges - SLCalamity
Rangers - ChainReaction01 / Dog of Hellsing
Curators - Monbrey
-Tournament/Special Event Chairmen-
Battles - Monbrey, HKim
Stories - Princess Crow, HKim
Park - ChainReaction01, HKim
Contests - SLCalamity, HKim
Curator - Monbrey, HKim
*If you want to run a Tournament/Special Event, you must ask one of the above
Last edited by EmBreon; 9th December 2013 at 02:14 PM.
If you have a problem with another member (cheating; Referees aren’t fair or doing a poor job; graders too hard; etc…), DO NOT post your complaint in the forum. There will be no arguments, flaming and fighting in the URPG boards. Please IM messages to talk to the other person or you can always contact a Moderator/Official and they can help figure a way to deal with it.
These are people who are NOT allowed in the URPG. Some of the ways to get banned: steal the URPG for your own site; causing problems for other members; cheating. Message HKim's Inbox for all banning problems and concerns.
Pokemon Trainer Red
Abz Rulez / Metagross Fan/ Alakazam 360 / Groudon6_6_6
Have an idea? A question about one of the rules? Go to the URPG Related Chat thread and post what you have to say. Check the above rules first; your question might already be answered.
URPG Related Chat (BMG | PWN)
-Online Chat Room-
Yes, the URPG has a Blast Chat in the AIM messenger, named [URPG Chat]. Just ask any member, or a Staff member if you don't know anyone yet, to send you an invite. The chat is almost always busy and it's a great way to meet nearly everyone in the URPG. Please remember this Chat is considered an extension of the forum, so linking to porn or vulgar discussions within it are considered inappropriate.
The URPG has two branches: Bulbagarden and The Petalburg Woods Network. Should one of these forums be offline, URPG members should use another during the duration of the downtime.
In case of emergencies, the URPG has a backup forum. It is only to be used when all forums are offline or other situations.
Now that you’ve read the rules, or at least glanced at them, you may apply for your starter Pokémon at Starter Requests (BMG | PWN) and begin the fun at The Ultra RPG. Please respect the rules, members, and staff. Enjoy!
Don't forget to read each forum's respective rules (whichever you're active in). Thanks!
*The URPG is copyright to the PE2K/BMG/PWN forum community. Any use of this anywhere else is prohibited and can result in banning any involved members.*
*No group copied from the URPG has ever survived.*
Last edited by Ataro; 16th November 2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: update