URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 406

Page 406 of 430 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 6448
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Trophies

Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Just a heads up:

My server hosting just informed me their servers will be down for an hour, starting 12:30am on 24/10/2013, GMT+10

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Just a heads up:

My server hosting just informed me their servers will be down for an hour, starting 12:30am on 24/10/2013, GMT+10
    So, like calc, or BMGF?

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by EmmySCx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Just a heads up:

So, like calc, or BMGF?
    Calc. I do not own the servers for BMGf unfortunately :(

Blog Entries

how much $ to buy bmgf
    mlouden03 likes this.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Trophies

i'll contribute £2.74 to the effort

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

Guys, if BMGf goes down, you'll have to go to PWN to do shit. Think about that for a minute.
    ChainReaction01 likes this.

URPG Grader, Ranger, Official, & Referee
    URPG Stats || Grader Log || Petalburg Woods

Blog Entries

Follow RageRunnerXD on Tumblr

Does URPG support Yahoo messenger?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RageRunnerXD View Post
    It used to when it first started but now it's all AIM and forum and I think they're trying to figure a way for Skype. I have yahoo if you'd like to chat though. And I'm sure if some refs are willing and who have yahoo, they can add you and whoever else so that battles can take place. I think accommodating someone who can't get AIM should be something of importance.

Credit goes to Reader =)

Stats
    Gym Stats

We mainly use AIM because of the group chats.

You don't need to necessarily download AIM messenger. You can easily create an AOL username, then get on AIM via aim.com.
    mlouden03 likes this.

Battles can take place ANYWHERE there's a ref and two battlers with sufficient capabilities (dice rolling, etc.). However, the population will mostly be found in either our AIM chats or our new Skype chat. I'm really tempted (if I ever get a second real life friend who plays) to ref a battle offline using a downloaded calc or open calc tab and two ten-sided dice. I've heard that a battle once happened by posts on a facebook wall or something. I also know that someone once texted their move for an FFA.

If you can find people on Yahoo, battles can take place there. But you'll find 99% of our population on AIM and a good part on Skype (though as far as I know a Skype battle hasn't happened since our new chat opened up, doesn't mean it won't).
    mlouden03 likes this.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Since this is apparently also a suggestion thread, I thought of an awesome suggestion last night while I was getting to sleep. Could we possibly have some sort of Anime-style battling, whether that be on the forums or on AIM? There could be different pay rates, and either a ranger well versed in cacling, or a ref well versed in rangering, could be deciding how moves effect the Pokemon based on how the trainer issues commands, natures, creativity in attack style, etc. Overall this would almost be a merging of normal battling and park battling, which I think fans of the anime would greatly appreciate.

Instead of having to blindly call attacks like "Surf", they could have more of an rp aspect, since/when the ref/person overseeing the battle could roll for a random terrain, and then c/p a description for the battlefield, complete with features like big rocks, boulders and the like for a mountain area, or tall grass or flowers in some parts for a fields area. This new dynamic battle option would force players to think on their feet, and would allow them to come up with some unique strategies. If adopted, the battle style could be known as "rp" battling, and the battles would have to be public move send, but could allow for either private pre-sent mons, or public ones chosen like in DPT.

editing after a talk with Bulba:

I know this is similar to dungeons, but instead of PVe, this would be pvp, which is a lot different. Furthermore, Bulba mentioned that the reason this was never implemented previously was that pe2k had an anime style battling feature already, so apparently those who ran urpg at that time, decided just to refer people to that. Since we're not on pe2k anymore, we could develop our own new battle style, similar to theirs.
    What do you guys think? :)
    Last edited by mlouden03; 2nd November 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

This battle style used to be around ages ago, but afaik it wasn't explained very well and was only used for a few novelty battles. I'm pretty sure someone brought it up in the trainer court here a year or two ago, and people weren't that fond of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlouden03 View Post
    Since this is apparently also a suggestion thread, I thought of an awesome suggestion last night while I was getting to sleep. Could we possibly have some sort of Anime-style battling, whether that be on the forums or on AIM? There could be different pay rates, and either a ranger well versed in cacling, or a ref well versed in rangering, could be deciding how moves effect the Pokemon based on how the trainer issues commands, natures, creativity in attack style, etc. Overall this would almost be a merging of normal battling and park battling, which I think fans of the anime would greatly appreciate.

Instead of having to blindly call attacks like "Surf", they could have more of an rp aspect, since/when the ref/person overseeing the battle could roll for a random terrain, and then c/p a description for the battlefield, complete with features like big rocks, boulders and the like for a mountain area, or tall grass or flowers in some parts for a fields area. This new dynamic battle option would force players to think on their feet, and would allow them to come up with some unique strategies. If adopted, the battle style could be known as "rp" battling, and the battles would have to be public move send, but could allow for either private pre-sent mons, or public ones chosen like in DPT.

editing after a talk with Bulba:

I know this is similar to dungeons, but instead of PVe, this would be pvp, which is a lot different. Furthermore, Bulba mentioned that the reason this was never implemented previously was that pe2k had an anime style battling feature already, so apparently those who ran urpg at that time, decided just to refer people to that. Since we're not on pe2k anymore, we could develop our own new battle style, similar to theirs.
    What do you guys think? :)
    SLC is correct. When I joined they were a thing, but nobody ever really used the style. I knew at some point an old ref once did like two of them, but that was the extent of it, and beyond that, have never really seen one. Due to the unpopularity and the mechanisms involved, they were eventually removed. I doubt they would be brought back.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    SLC is correct. When I joined they were a thing, but nobody ever really used the style. I knew at some point an old ref once did like two of them, but that was the extent of it, and beyond that, have never really seen one. Due to the unpopularity and the mechanisms involved, they were eventually removed. I doubt they would be brought back.
    I don't know if you were around too much...but we did have that one old member of the URPG that was really into roleplaying.

The one that even created a roleplaying thread for us to join back when we had missions and everything.

Is it probable to look at bringing back more of a roleplaying based URPG?

Not so much with battles though...I think users are more interested in competitive battling than trying to lace their attacks with a beautifully worded sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmySCx View Post
    I don't know if you were around too much...but we did have that one old member of the URPG that was really into roleplaying.

The one that even created a roleplaying thread for us to join back when we had missions and everything.

Is it probable to look at bringing back more of a roleplaying based URPG?

Not so much with battles though...I think users are more interested in competitive battling than trying to lace their attacks with a beautifully worded sentence.
    I think there's some nice compromises available. :)
    I think reviving Dungeons as light-RP Cooperative PvE content is a good start, and I'm gonna be working on that some more now life is starting to calm down a little. :)
    Adventures sounds like it has great potential for heavier RP Cooperative PvE content too. :) Like a mini Tabletop game or campaign, mix of RP and battling. Could potentially have Anime-style battling in it, using Park-style RP for sections.
    I'm planning a proposal for that for next year, hehe. :'3 I'd like to see more RP in the URPG too.