URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 4

Page 4 of 430 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Is there an AIM chat like the IRC room? The latter would be cool, but it doesn't seem like anyone visits it, and the way messengers are promoted here it seemed like there might be a collective room folks can go to to find battles and refs. :)

I'm unsure of what to do from here. I'm posted. Starting on a kickin' profile page, but... what should I do from here? Do I need to buy Pokeballs? Battle other trainers? Write a nice story adventure which is something I could probably do?

And the story adventures... are they like a continuous adventure thing that reads like a story or more along the lines of 'you write a cool encounter do I catch (y/n)?' thing?

I have a really important question realted with one attack...

Hidden Power... My future Jolteon needs to have Ice Hidden Power... but obviusly the forums don't use the IV system, as they don't use the EV... So... How do I know what type is my Hidden Power?

I saw a topic talking about the attack or something like that, but I prefer to ask here.

Thanks ^^

Blog Entries

In a battle, do you have to use completely all of the moves of the pokémon before you use Last Resort, or just four?

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

I'm slightly confused by the battle section. Is the limit of 5 the limit of how many battles you can have throughout your entire stay on the RPG or how many you can have simultaneously?
    i haven't changed this signature for like sixteen years
    i guess i'll put a link to that fic i'm planning on doing one day

Quote Originally Posted by Raitail View Post
    Is there an AIM chat like the IRC room? The latter would be cool, but it doesn't seem like anyone visits it, and the way messengers are promoted here it seemed like there might be a collective room folks can go to to find battles and refs. :)
    I do believe there's an IRC, but it's not used very often. And there isn't a permanent AIM chatroom set up for battles. If someone wants to battle or do a Free For All, they start a new chat and invite whoever they need to. Although that sounds like a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezu View Post
    I'm unsure of what to do from here. I'm posted. Starting on a kickin' profile page, but... what should I do from here? Do I need to buy Pokeballs? Battle other trainers? Write a nice story adventure which is something I could probably do?

And the story adventures... are they like a continuous adventure thing that reads like a story or more along the lines of 'you write a cool encounter do I catch (y/n)?' thing?
    You only need Pokeballs if you plan on going to the National Park, which isn't actually open yet. Just start battling and building up your money, experience and friends list.

Stories don't have to be the standard "trainer goes out and finds a Pokemon" spheal. It can be about whatever your little heart desires, as long as there's a Pokemon in it somewhere. You might wanna read this and check out Pe2k's story sectionfor ideas on what you can and can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugh View Post

Hidden Power... My future Jolteon needs to have Ice Hidden Power... but obviusly the forums don't use the IV system, as they don't use the EV... So... How do I know what type is my Hidden Power?

I saw a topic talking about the attack or something like that, but I prefer to ask here.

Thanks ^^
    When you purchase the Hidden Power TM, you have to have the type rolled for you in a chat by a mod or official. See here. So you could end up with Ice or something else entirely. It might not seem fair but that's just the way it is. It'd be too easy if you could just pick it.

@Calfab- I'm honestly not sure. Battles aren't my specialty. D:

URPG Stats
    supermonkey07@cox.net (2:56:03 AM): LOL
    supermonkey07@cox.net (2:56:06 AM): sheep sex
    supermonkey07@cox.net (2:56:27 AM): 'there's wool in your vagina!!'
    supermonkey07@cox.net (2:56:29 AM): 'BAAAAH!'

I Invented the Pidgeot SiberianTiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calfab View Post
    In a battle, do you have to use completely all of the moves of the pokémon before you use Last Resort, or just four?
    You have to have used every move available to you first before you can use Last Resort. This includes all level up moves and every TM/BM you may have bought.

I think Sheep explained everything else well enough, but if you still have questions drop me a VM.
    I'll be on AIM in a little bit as well.

URPG Stats
    Legend of the Thief
    All Your Base Are Belong to Lulsec

Wait, so even if Abra learns several moves before evolving in the game, in this RPG, it'll only know Teleport until is evolves or learns some more moves?

Quote Originally Posted by Raitail View Post
    AIM is the best way to go. Adding a lot of people to your Buddy List would make it much easier to contact them and look for a battle, or organize a trade or something. But don't forget you can't trade your starter ever. Often times, FFAs (Free For Alls) would be hosted be refs, and since URPG finally reached BMG, there might be several FFAs popping up here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezu View Post

After your stats are posted, that's when you could finally begin the bigger aspects in the URPG (battling, stories, RP'ing, contests, etc.). I know you guys have the IRC and our members will be visiting it pretty often, but I still do suggest installing AIM as a reliable alternative, too. If you're aiming to evolve your starter (which would probably be best bet), you could search for refs (I'm one, too) to ref the necessary battles to evolve it. This would also be a great way to obtain more money. If you're looking for Pokemon and love to RP/write, the National Park (once you get the money) and Stories are great.

Also regarding stories: When writing them, try to be as original as possible. If it's your first story, then graders would at often times be more lenient with the grading, so try aiming for Pokemon in lower categories, unless you're extremely confident you can aim for higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugh View Post

Thanks ^^
    In the URPG, Hidden Powers are rolled by URPG Officials and Mods. Every type (excluding Normal, of course) would be accounted for in the roll, so you have to test your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfab View Post
    Yeah, you need to use ALL moves before Last Resort. Which makes the move even more hard. If there are any added moves to your Pokemon, then you need to use your level-up moves AND added moves before Last Resort could be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo's Caterpie View Post
    I'm slightly confused by the battle section. Is the limit of 5 the limit of how many battles you can have throughout your entire stay on the RPG or how many you can have simultaneously?
    I'm not quite getting exactly what you're asking. :9

Quote Originally Posted by bobtherocket View Post
    Wait, so even if Abra learns several moves before evolving in the game, in this RPG, it'll only know Teleport until is evolves or learns some more moves?
    Abra only knows Teleport through level-up. But if you teach it TMs while in that stage, then it could also use those. But it's up to you if you want to save the TMs for before or after they fully evolve.

EDIT; I think I almost quoted the whole page.

EDIT2; Damn you, ST/Sheep. But, yeah. Basically this is what they said.
    Last edited by Fierce Deity; 15th April 2010 at 04:30 PM.

"lets get chesnaughty" Nitro 12:52 am
    nuts in my mouf

Hannah Warder 7:50 pm
    fd is a beautiful chocolate man

Ok, so next question. Abra is my starter, but the starting money won't be enough for any of the TMs it can learn, and there's only Teleport for use in battles. Do I just go into battle expecting to lose to gain money?

Also, how does Teleport work in actual battles?

Battle Master

Ok, so next question. Abra is my starter, but the starting money won't be enough for any of the TMs it can learn, and there's only Teleport for use in battles. Do I just go into battle expecting to lose to gain money?

I'm afraid you'll have to lose enough battles before it either evolves or you buy a TM. If I were you, though, I'd clinch my teeth and lose five times in a row.

Teleport does nothing in the URPG.

Is Golden. The Golden Tyranitar's Avatar
    Sitting in an armchair in a quiet library in Driftveil City.
    Blog Entries

I have another question:How do you evolve Pokemon that normally evolve by happiness?
    I think I saw it somewhere but I can't remember where

when in battle do we roll for crits and other additional effects only?
    I assume that we do the calculations for how much damage is caused by a move ourselfs is this correct?

Unfortunately, Teleport fails in battles, therefore you should not expect to win by any means without TMs. However, you can always write for a Pokemon and have a Doubles Battle or a 2 v 2 in which if Abra participates, it counts as a battle towards evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Tyranitar View Post
    I have another question:How do you evolve Pokemon that normally evolve by happiness?
    When a Pokemon evolves by happiness, it must have the required number of battles (5 or 7) and you must purchase a Soothe Bell from the PokeMart.

Quote Originally Posted by NemQ View Post
    I assume that we do the calculations for how much damage is caused by a move ourselfs is this correct?
    Critical hits are only rolled for moves that have a critical hit ratio listed. (Such as Slash, Nightslash and Stone Edge). And ANY damage is calculated by the ref in the battle - not the trainer.
    Last edited by Sequentio; 15th April 2010 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Tyranitar View Post
    To evolve Pokemon that evo with happiness, you must get the required battles and have Soothe Bell :]

Quote Originally Posted by NemQ View Post

Everything is rolled by the ref. You can do the calculations on the side and check to see if you got them right if you are looking to being a ref

Page 4 of 430 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast