URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 380

Page 380 of 430 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 6448
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Trophies

Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    Is there a reason why there is a 1 HP difference in calculation? I understand that the new calc no longer has that glitch where when you copy and paste in a percentage HP, it drops the HP by 1. In this case, I had Cradily used AncientPower with SpAtk+1 on a full health Staraptor. The desktop calculator has Staraptor at 95 HP, and the online calculator has Staraptor has 96 HP instead. Which one is correct?

Is it also possible to have a 'Store' function on the Ref Calc page too?

Andandand. When I have Pokemon on the Ref Calc and Team Storage, then I click 'Clear', and load in Pokemon from the Team Storage again, it gives me blank stats (like no numbers for HP, Atk, Def, etc). Only Speed shows.

Additionally, when I have Scrafty VS Cloyster (Scrafty with Intimidate) loaded into Ref Calc from Team Storage, it loads Cloyster with:

HP: 254
    Atk: 139
    Def: 129
    SpAtk: 309
    SpDef: 209
    Spd: 239

When it should have been:

HP: 304
    Atk: 289
    Def: 459
    SpAtk: 269
    SpDef: 189
    Spd: 239

This problem seems to be mainly from the Team Storage option. It occurs and extends when loading other Pokemon, and they all have different Types and Stats loaded into the calc instead.

@Monbrey
    All feedback is good, I only intended it to be for testing at this point. I'm not home right now, so I can't check the formulas but I imagine its probably a rounding issue.

The team storage thing is definitely only a beta - I'm unsure which version is even online. As for a storage button on the ref calc page, its possible, but it wouldn't know where to store it. That's why I have a button for each slot.

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    Is there a reason why there is a 1 HP difference in calculation? I understand that the new calc no longer has that glitch where when you copy and paste in a percentage HP, it drops the HP by 1. In this case, I had Cradily used AncientPower with SpAtk+1 on a full health Staraptor. The desktop calculator has Staraptor at 95 HP, and the online calculator has Staraptor has 96 HP instead. Which one is correct?
    I know I can't really speak for Monbrey, but I would assume the online calc is correct, because it displays the damage as -278, which when taken off from Staraptor's Max HP 304 leaves 96.

I can't seem to access the desktop calc, however. My antivirus software stopped me from downloading the unzipped file, and then I get this message when I click on the link to the zipped folder:

"Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.
    Web Server at monbrey.com.au"
    The antivirus issues are just because I dont have an official publishers digital certificate. I dont know why the zipped one wont download.

I should be able to look into all these issues in about 12 hours.

Trophies

Everyone should now refer to New Ref Calc Test Thread when discussing new calc issues.

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

Guys, what is with this Ash K. and KnittyDragon? Are you all doing random shipping or it is for real?

and put ash on tier one if he does not lose yet

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Parting Shot! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Follow CommBA On Twitter Add CommBA on Facebook

Basically what happened is that I noticed some things here and there of Ash going out of his way to help KnittyDragon. I told URPG that I had a theory that Knitty was the fabled girlfriend we had heard about and she confirmed the theory. So, yeah, it's the real deal.
    Roulette likes this.

Dex

Well, I'm back from Georgia (not that you guys knew I had left). There were no zombies in Savannah, but the art school felt really good (going there if money allows).

Anyway, right before I left, I had set up an AIM account. How do I find people to battle on there? Thanks in advance.

And yes, I'm an art student without an avatar or a signature picture. I should probably do something about that.

Woo, 100th post!
    Ash K. likes this.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CommBA View Post
    Basically what happened is that I noticed some things here and there of Ash going out of his way to help KnittyDragon. I told URPG that I had a theory that Knitty was the fabled girlfriend we had heard about and she confirmed the theory. So, yeah, it's the real deal.
    Coming this Fall to TV: URPG, the best nighttime drama that is bound to take the world by storm!

Tears will be shed
    Lives will be lost

And above it all will be the few who will be stunned into silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Well, I'm back from Georgia (not that you guys knew I had left). There were no zombies in Savannah, but the art school felt really good (going there if money allows).

Anyway, right before I left, I had set up an AIM account. How do I find people to battle on there? Thanks in advance.
    Welcome back. ^_^ Good luck with money for art school! :D I'm glad you liked it. ^_^

To get into the AIM channels, you need to poke an official type who can invite you into URPG Chat, or anyone else can invite you into the battle chats. :D

How do you battle in URPG?
    I'v read through the tutorials, but I'm still lost at how to actuly do one.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan539 View Post
    How do you battle in URPG?
    I'v read through the tutorials, but I'm still lost at how to actuly do one.
    You can either hop onto AIM, get an invite to the URPG Chat and ask for a battle there, and it would then move to one of the Battle chats,
    or you can go to the Trainer Station thread in the Forum Battles section to request a battle, and then a thread will be created for your battle by yourself, your opponent or possibly a referee.

From there it depends on the ruleset. The most popular ruleset, DPPt, involves alternating taking open turns, for example:
    Referee: Player One sends first on 1. (Rolls a two-sided die, result is 1)
    Player One: Swablu F Cloud Nine
    Player Two: Metang n Clear Body
    Player Two: Metang use Meteor Mash
    Player One: Swablu use Protect
    Referee processes turn.
    Player One: Swablu use...

And so on.

I hope that helps! :D Please let us know if you have any other questions. ^_^

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll probably be back this summer. Not that anyone cares, but yeah. Surprise.

Also, the gym is still open for challengers and always will be. I'm still checking this stuff.
    AmericanTreeFrog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    I'll probably be back this summer. Not that anyone cares, but yeah. Surprise.

Also, the gym is still open for challengers and always will be. I'm still checking this stuff.
    I care. You've been a good friend Neon, and I always like seeing Dojo Senseis from our league still active.
    Ataro likes this.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

@Monbrey; and whoever else it may concern.

I just did a test on recoil.

Blaziken used Brave Bird on Gigalith, it did 61 damage. Blaziken took 20 recoil. (61/3=20.333333333333...)

Next turn:

Blaziken used Brave Bird on Gigalith, KO. It did 17 damage. Blaziken took 6 recoil. (17/3=5.6666666666...)

That means recoil can round either up or down in gen 5, depending which is closer, as Smogon says.

EDIT:

Tested Rage too.

Darmanitan used Hammer Arm on Aggron, 32 damage.

Darmanitan used Rage (then got Encored into Rage, I think it got 6 boosts).

Darmanitan used Hammer Arm on Aggron, 116 damage.

Rage boosts work for all physical moves, not just Rage.
    Last edited by Ash K.; 26th April 2013 at 02:48 PM.
    BlueTowel likes this.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    @Monbrey; and whoever else it may concern.

I just did a test on recoil.

Blaziken used Brave Bird on Gigalith, it did 61 damage. Blaziken took 20 recoil. (61/3=20.333333333333...)

Next turn:

Blaziken used Brave Bird on Gigalith, KO. It did 17 damage. Blaziken took 6 recoil. (17/3=5.6666666666...)

That means recoil can round either up or down in gen 5, depending which is closer, as Smogon says.

EDIT:

Tested Rage too.

Darmanitan used Hammer Arm on Aggron, 32 damage.

Darmanitan used Rage (then got Encored into Rage, I think it got 6 boosts).

Darmanitan used Hammer Arm on Aggron, 116 damage.

Rage boosts work for all physical moves, not just Rage.
    Awesome, thanks Ash. And yeah, I always thought Rage gave proper stat boosts.

Your Darmanitan's attack stat must suck to only deal 32 damage to an Aggron.

I finished the forum battle lost but o well.

I'm just wondering if I have updated my trainer stats correctly.
    Vulcan's Stats

Secondly I'm wondering about the IM battles? I get there no different to forum battles, but how do you set up thoes?

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan539 View Post
    I finished the forum battle lost but o well.

I'm just wondering if I have updated my trainer stats correctly.
    Vulcan's Stats

Secondly I'm wondering about the IM battles? I get there no different to forum battles, but how do you set up thoes?
    To join in the IM battles you will need to join in the URPG Chat to find the AIM community to interact and battle with. :)
    Please IM an official such as Ash K., monbrey or WinterVines for an invitation to the chat, or provide your AIM name here to be invited. :D

For your stats, it looks good! ^_^ though you could include the basic battle in your total battles