URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 348

Page 348 of 430 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 6447
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

  1. #5206
    The People's Champion Roulette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Holland, 1945
    Posts
    3,376

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebail View Post
    Well I try to be a role model for you younger folk.
    TELL ME ABOUT NAM AGAIN

  2. #5207
    What? Ebail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    9,175
    Blog Entries
    72

    Follow Ebail on Tumblr

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebail View Post
    Well I try to be a role model for you younger folk.
    TELL ME ABOUT NAM AGAIN
    Nam - Dragon Ball Wiki
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

  3. #5208
    The Heretic Twintail ragnarok0422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    378
    Add ragnarok0422 on Facebook
    Follow ragnarok0422 on Tumblr

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Looking for people to talk to over AIM. My AIM seems dead now... or is it just me and my TZ where I'm at? -___-
    Gimme your SNs, peeps! :'D
    (Especially the new ones. An old 17y/o person like me could use someone to talk to.) :D

    - - - - - - - - - -
    URPG Stats | Ranger Logs | Judging Logs
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Yume nara takusan mita~
    Sameta mama demo mada ai tai~

  4. #5209
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    18/m/PA

    athletic build

    likes puppies and long walks on the beach

    sn: bballer4lyfe2121994


  5. #5210
    URPG Moderator Monbrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,349
    Trophies

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok0422 View Post
    Looking for people to talk to over AIM. My AIM seems dead now... or is it just me and my TZ where I'm at? -___-
    Gimme your SNs, peeps! :'D
    (Especially the new ones. An old 17y/o person like me could use someone to talk to.) :D
    You old people don't understand the Blast chats.

    They're new and I hate them.

    I forget your SN but I can invite you. Add Monbrey on AIM.

  6. #5211
    The Heretic Twintail ragnarok0422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    378
    Add ragnarok0422 on Facebook
    Follow ragnarok0422 on Tumblr

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok0422 View Post
    Looking for people to talk to over AIM. My AIM seems dead now... or is it just me and my TZ where I'm at? -___-
    Gimme your SNs, peeps! :'D
    (Especially the new ones. An old 17y/o person like me could use someone to talk to.) :D
    You old people don't understand the Blast chats.

    They're new and I hate them.

    I forget your SN but I can invite you. Add Monbrey on AIM.
    I've been to one before... I think?
    I think it's the chatbox where AIM lags most of the time. Lol.
    Maybe it's just because of my laggy net.

    - - - - - - - - - -
    URPG Stats | Ranger Logs | Judging Logs
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Yume nara takusan mita~
    Sameta mama demo mada ai tai~

  7. #5212
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,122
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebail View Post
    Well I try to be a role model for you younger folk.
    Get out you fogey!

    Also hey ragna

  8. #5213
    Du Edoc'sil Ash K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    Posts
    2,852

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    I've been thinking for a while, the Pokémon games themselves are aimed at fairly young kids, but it would be wrong to expose such kids to some of the things that occur in [URPG Chat]. I was thinking maybe we should make a [PG URPG Chat] or something, and strictly enforce a no sexual content policy there. People would still be free to go about as they currently do in [URPG Chat], but it would also allow for better member retention of younger and innocent older members. I've been avoiding introducing a lot of my irl friends who I think would really enjoy the game itself to URPG because of some (well, most) of the things people say. I'm happy to make the chat, I just need a large enough amount of people to join it to make it work. It will also need to be strictly patrolled to avoid sexual or similar content or chat being used. I think this would really help retain some of our younger members and I know that it would get me to introduce a lot more of my friends to URPG. I'll actually go make the chat now, so IM me for an invite (MewAlcadiesMew). ANY SEXUAL OR SIMILAR THINGS IN THAT CHAT WILL GET YOU KICKED. WE HAVE PLENTY OF OTHER CHATS FOR YOU TO DO YOUR SEXUAL BUT STILL PG13 STUFF IN.
    @HKim;
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

  9. #5214
    Registered User Airik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Medway, Uk
    Posts
    597
    Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Personally its not our job to monitor an underage persons use of the internet its up to the parents or gaurdians responsible for that child as for older more innocent members of our community frankly its down to them to regulate how much there exposed to and im sure there big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves



  10. #5215
    TYKG SLCalamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,438
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    We all know that really, not many people like this PG rule and no one will ever use that chat. All that really needs to happen is to have some kind of lee-way so that some more mature stuff can be posted/linked whatever but in smaller quantities/in moderation.

  11. #5216
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,526

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    It's a good idea, Ash, and I'd like to see it implemented. However, I can guarantee you no one would stick by it.

    Then again, perhaps we should try. Without newbies, the URPG will die, and if we need to tone down our sexual content to get said newbies then we should do so.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  12. #5217
    Registered User Airik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Medway, Uk
    Posts
    597
    Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    ok, lets start this again. It is a parents responsibility to protect there children even from things they may see on the internet. That is there responsibility not mine not SLC's Not Monbreys not Harry's it is a parents job to protect there children. If a child sees something that causes them offence then they will likely remove themselves from the situation, if a parent has an issue then its there job to stop and protect there child, if there child stumbles onto something untoward then its there fault for not monitoring there childs internet usage. Now I know that this is a pokemon game and pokemon is aimed at children, but when pokemon was released I was a child and its one of those things that's stayed with me until now when i'm 26 why should I censor myself because some parents are frankly to lazy to take a real interest in what there children are doing. Another argument against this is that I have worked in the local school system here, and frankly the majority of children from around the 13/14+ age bracket (probably the age most likely to be drawn into urpg and have less parental monitoring) would make the average adult urpger blush with shame at some of the comments they make. A case in point Midnight ghost (more affectionately known as mg - you know the guy who just activities his way to victory in tourneys) my first real encounter with him was while we was playing a game similar to pictionary via the internet a group of us where in the room and every time he got the chance to draw, he drew a penis in there - he is a 14 yr old and frankly from my experiences his behaviour is fairly common among other children of his age frankly for the most part they will probably enjoy the adult themes of the conversation or pretend they understand in an effort to look cool those truly offended will just not come back, and frankly i wont be sad to see them go if there not willing to join in and have a laugh



  13. #5218
    Sometimes Quiet Joltik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,609
    Blog Entries
    63

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Maybe instead of a chat for kids, we could have a chat were the more mature chat, would that work?

  14. #5219
    LS-
    LS- is offline
    Love Sosa LS-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    I've been thinking for a while, the Pokémon games themselves are aimed at fairly young kids, but it would be wrong to expose such kids to some of the things that occur in [URPG Chat]. I was thinking maybe we should make a [PG URPG Chat] or something, and strictly enforce a no sexual content policy there. People would still be free to go about as they currently do in [URPG Chat], but it would also allow for better member retention of younger and innocent older members. I've been avoiding introducing a lot of my irl friends who I think would really enjoy the game itself to URPG because of some (well, most) of the things people say. I'm happy to make the chat, I just need a large enough amount of people to join it to make it work. It will also need to be strictly patrolled to avoid sexual or similar content or chat being used. I think this would really help retain some of our younger members and I know that it would get me to introduce a lot more of my friends to URPG. I'll actually go make the chat now, so IM me for an invite (MewAlcadiesMew). ANY SEXUAL OR SIMILAR THINGS IN THAT CHAT WILL GET YOU KICKED. WE HAVE PLENTY OF OTHER CHATS FOR YOU TO DO YOUR SEXUAL BUT STILL PG13 STUFF IN.
    @HKim;

    I lold


    Isn't that why we have the [General] chat?

    STOP CENSORING US ASH

  15. #5220
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,950
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    <Content censored by URPG & BMG Staff>

    In all seriousness, I'm neutral to the idea. I don't really care either way. I just think nothing would happen there.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •