URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 341

Page 341 of 430 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 6448
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Are presending moves in ffas legal?Nothing in the FFA section of the Reffing Encyclopedia says they aren't, and I thought they were and I've been allowing them this whole time, but apparently they're not according to tha senior ref Ash K.

For what it's worth though in case what Ash says has been true this whole time, I think they should be allowed. I can see some people taking issue with someone not even present beating out somebody that is there, but if you've got the moves, then why not go through with them? If someone has decided on some moves for the rest of the FFA, then that's the strategy they picked for their mon to go through with and anything that happens after that has taken that strategy into effect - it's the same as if they were there and picked the same moves. All them not being there means they can't make any move changes in case something important happens, and if they're in a position where something big can happen, then that's part of the backlash for leaving at that particular time. The opposite stands true - if they've put themselves into a strong position and have to leave, they won't lose everything they achieved and can at least do something from that strong position. I feel if they've put thought into some moves for their mon to be used, then there should be no reason they can't go through with it just because they're not there. And if they haven't put thought into it and just threw out some moves to be used, well it's not like we don't see that from people that are actually online either. I feel that that should be their choice though, and as the referee you should just ref the results of their strategy going up against the other competitors'.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Trophies

Ash K is right and the rule does exist. Pretty sure it was Pidge that set the rule, although it was probably never documented.

Personally, I don't have an issue with you sending a few moves at once if the ref doesn't mind keeping them. It is not acceptable however to do this as a method to go AFK for the rest of the FFA, eg "Lock in X on random". This was an issue because people would send a Pokemon first turn of the FFA and leave, and get easy money without doing anything. If you need to poop and say "Use X next turn if I'm not back", that's not a problem, assuming the ref doesn't mind.

If you have to leave completely, that's your problem, and you forfeit the FFA unless you can get someone to cover for you that was not in the FFA. You still get the payout from the point you made it to. Most people should have a pretty good idea how long the average FFA lasts - don't start one if you can't finish it.

The issue also arises in asking for a move such as Calm Mind to be used a few times, and then getting Taunted. The ref would have to ask the battler to send a different move, but can't because they've gone AFK. If I was reffing that, I'd ref the "move not sent" penalty, instead of just making their move fail.

tl;dr I'd say one or two turns in advance for temporary AFK (toilet, phone call) is fine if the ref doesn't mind, no permanent locking though.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

100% with Monbrey. He's right btw, the rule was made by Pidge back when he got his panties in a bunch over people AFKing from FFAs or something.

Anyway, the way I have always reffed FFAs is that if people ask me to lock moves, I say no. I allow them to send one (or occasionally two) moves in advance but beyond that they gets KOed for inactivity.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

Sorry for causing a problem, but look at it this way. It came down to who would win: they guy who sent or the guy who present, then left. I chose the one who was there at the time.

FFA is starting soon!
    Last edited by GliscorMan; 22nd September 2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Monbrey likes this.

Blog Entries

FFA in [FFA] on AIM, starting now!
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa

Insanity is normal, whats weird is those who are still sane
    White FC: 1162 9053 3913 Black FC: 2150 7869 1755

Trophies

If you are having bad bowel movements does that justify sending more than a few moves in advance?
    Last edited by Fawkes.; 22nd September 2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: I FORGOT THE BLOODY QUESTION MARK
    Morru Magnum likes this.

LS-

RIP URPG.
    Dinobot and Nitro like this.

For anyone I lied to about not having/buying a webcam for tinychat!

I NOW HAVE ONE WOO
    AmericanTreeFrog and Nitro like this.
    WinterVines 3:53 pm
    im sorry women are difficult
    i understand why some should stay in the kitchen

Blog Entries

FFA in roughly 24 hours.

Blog Entries

WHO WANTS HUGS?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

i think you should be able to send pokemon and moves before ffas even start. you can do this by PMing a ref something like 'Pidgeot, F, Tangled Feet: Substitute, Protect, Agility, Protect, Roost, Protect, Substitute, Protect, Substitute'. so if that ref ever decides to start an ffa and you're not there, you can still take part of the action. i mean if you got the moves and mon, why not go through them?

Edit: also I don't recall making a rule about this, so stop making shit up. It was up to the ref; I personally did not allow anyone to do it in my ffas, and was strict in doing so, so ypu may have gotten the imprsssion there. they always had to have someone not in the Ffa take over or forfeit.

As for regular/basic battles I think someone a long timer ago said locking was bad.
    Last edited by Pidge; 29th September 2012 at 01:54 AM.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    i think you should be able to send pokemon and moves before ffas even start. you can do this by PMing a ref something like 'Pidgeot, F, Tangled Feet: Substitute, Protect, Agility, Protect, Roost, Protect, Substitute, Protect, Substitute'. so if that ref ever decides to start an ffa and you're not there, you can still take part of the action. i mean if you got the moves and mon, why not go through them?
    Does this also apply to Pokemon you don't have yet but will have before a pre-scheduled FFA begins?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Does this also apply to Pokemon you don't have yet but will have before a pre-scheduled FFA begins?
    Yes but if you don't get it in time you have to pay a 10k fine and then must add the pokemon to yor stats for you to keep (remember, no releasing Pokemon)

Blog Entries
    Add Morru Magnum on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    WHO WANTS HUGS?
    I DO AND SO DO FISH

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morru Magnum View Post