URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 310

Page 310 of 430 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 6447
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

  1. #4636
    Head of the URPG HKim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,443

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by sir.noodles View Post
    i have a suggestion!

    how 'bout you compact all the rules and guidlines into ONE post, and make it less confusing. i'm having trouble figuring out what's going on.

    We are certainly always looking for ways to make it easier to join the URPG.

    Was this not succinct enough?

    Getting Started: READ FIRST!

  2. #4637
    Du Edoc'sil Ash K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    Posts
    2,850

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    Just tested a few things in my Black version.

    Arceus uses Rest.
    Dewgong uses Aqua Ring.
    [Wild Pokémon do stuff]

    Arceus sleeps.
    Dewgong uses Aqua Ring, fails.
    [Wild Pokémon do stuff]

    Arceus sleeps.
    Dewgong uses Encore on Arceus.
    [Wild Pokémon do stuff]

    Next turn: Arceus can only use Rest!

    Also tested Trick while only one was holding something. It worked regardless which one wasn't holding anything.
    Thanks for that. Trick was already updated to reflect that. The reason Encore worked is because Arceus still has a "last successful move". Sleep does not cause a move to fail, it prevents any execution of a move. Encore only fails if the move you are trying to Encore has 0 PP left, target has not made a move at all, or is used on an un-Encore-able move.
    I tested Encore because at least twice everyone in [URPG Chat] has been telling me it fails if they didn't successfully move last time they did(n't do) something, and it has affected my battles. I tested Trick because I only saw Xali's post and didn't see anything addressing his point of Smogon's change from DPPt to BW. If there's anything else people want me to test tell me and I'll see if I can do it (if I have Pokémon with the move needed or have the item/a way to get it/whatever). HINT TO ANYONE ELSE TESTING STUFF: DOUBLE GRASS WORKS GREAT. And I removed the mentions from here as not to annoy anyone further. Also, I had 12 notifications, 8 of which were post quotes here.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

  3. #4638
    URPG Moderator Monbrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,349
    Trophies

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    I tested Encore because at least twice everyone in [URPG Chat] has been telling me it fails if they didn't successfully move last time they did(n't do) something, and it has affected my battles.
    They're idiots, and they should have listened to you as the Senior Ref.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    I tested Trick because I only saw Xali's post and didn't see anything addressing his point of Smogon's change from DPPt to BW.
    Fair enough. The issue was more like how the description was worded - it didn't specifically refer to it failing only if neither Pokemon was holding an item, even though that's what it meant to say, so I changed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    If there's anything else people want me to test tell me and I'll see if I can do it (if I have Pokémon with the move needed or have the item/a way to get it/whatever). HINT TO ANYONE ELSE TESTING STUFF: DOUBLE GRASS WORKS GREAT. And I removed the mentions from here as not to annoy anyone further. Also, I had 12 notifications, 8 of which were post quotes here.
    I remember Life-Orb on multi-hit moves being brought up recently. I was of the opinion that you only take recoil once, but other people were saying it was on every hit, which seems stupid.

  4. #4639
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,121
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    You do realise that these little 'discoveries', made by whoever, in this thread, were already known to be that way by about half of the active Refs and a lot of other people too, right? You could just ask someone in future.

  5. #4640
    pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    pikachu in a highchair
    Posts
    3,342

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    You do realise that these little 'discoveries', made by whoever, in this thread, were already known to be that way by about half of the active Refs and a lot of other people too, right? You could just ask someone in future.
    Except refs have been debating most of these issues recently. Many things have been brought into question and corrected in the last week. Half of the active refs simply isn't enough. We need ALL active refs to be aware of this kind of stuff.

  6. #4641
    fight me in the urpg! sir.noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    the land of awesomness.
    Posts
    59

    Smile Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sir.noodles View Post
    i have a suggestion!

    how 'bout you compact all the rules and guidlines into ONE post, and make it less confusing. i'm having trouble figuring out what's going on.

    We are certainly always looking for ways to make it easier to join the URPG.

    Was this not succinct enough?

    Getting Started: READ FIRST!
    here, look, I'm not saying anything bad, but why don't you get one big thread in the general section, and copy + paste each of the rules into a new reply. therefore, people don't need to be rummaging throughout every bit of the general section and hoping they find what they're looking for. it would be easier that way, and a few people already liked me on that earlier post, so i guess they like my idea. and you are trying to make it easier to join the URPG right?

  7. #4642
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by sir.noodles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sir.noodles View Post
    i have a suggestion!

    how 'bout you compact all the rules and guidlines into ONE post, and make it less confusing. i'm having trouble figuring out what's going on.

    We are certainly always looking for ways to make it easier to join the URPG.

    Was this not succinct enough?

    Getting Started: READ FIRST!
    here, look, I'm not saying anything bad, but why don't you get one big thread in the general section, and copy + paste each of the rules into a new reply. therefore, people don't need to be rummaging throughout every bit of the general section and hoping they find what they're looking for. it would be easier that way, and a few people already liked me on that earlier post, so i guess they like my idea. and you are trying to make it easier to join the URPG right?
    One big thread in the general section with all the rules in different replies? Wow, if only we had something like that!

    Harry already linked you to the rules thread, which is laid out exactly as you just described :s
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  8. #4643
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,121
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    General is a little misleading. I don't see the harm in posting it as a sticky there aswell.

  9. #4644
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    General is a little misleading. I don't see the harm in posting it as a sticky there aswell.
    Thing is, back on Pe2k ages ago, URPG was its own category, and so had the 5 main boards not as sub boards. So, we didn't have the ambiguous "first board" that I'm still unsure of what really goes there. So, all of the rules, and the chat thread and stuff were in the General board. When BMGf put us with their other Role-Playing games, they moved stuff from the General board to the Pokemon Ultra RPG board.

    Tbh, I think the rules are fine where they are, as this is technically the first board they click on, is where the Starter Requests and Chat threads are, and it just kinda makes sense.
    Alaskapigeon and SLCalamity like this.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  10. #4645
    The Hyacinth Girl Alaskapigeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    2,730

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    I agree with MK. It's not difficult to find. I found it straight away when I joined and I don't really hear the newbies having problems with it.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

  11. #4646
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Hey, erryone. Sorry for not having been around, I had what I guess is influenza. High fevers don't tend to mix well with much of anything, so I've been spending the last few days sleeping. Starting to feel better, though, so you should start seeing me around more often again. (:

  12. #4647
    What? Ebail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    9,174
    Blog Entries
    72

    Follow Ebail on Tumblr

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Good news everyone, I finally got a job. Now that's 16 hours less a week you have to see of me.
    Alaskapigeon, Synthesis and Akinai like this.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

  13. #4648
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebail View Post
    Good news everyone, I finally got a job. Now that's 16 hours less a week you have to see of me.
    Thank God. XD

    Congratulations. I hope it's somewhere you'll enjoy working at. (:

  14. #4649
    Registered User cooldude500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Congratulations. Hope it's somewhere that you like :)

  15. #4650
    fight me in the urpg! sir.noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    the land of awesomness.
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    I agree with MK. It's not difficult to find. I found it straight away when I joined and I don't really hear the newbies having problems with it.
    IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •