URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 303

Page 303 of 430 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 6448
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

  1. #4531
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Hey, I wanted to ask a quick question before getting started.

    Is it possible to "gimp" yourself by using "inferior" Pokemon, or is it a level playing field?
    What do you mean?
    Let's say you have a Dunsparce fighting a Snorlax (each is of equivalent level). Would the Dunsparce lose out, due to having inferior stats, or would it stand an equal chance?
    In many respects, the Snorlax would win out. However, that doesn't mean that Dunsparce couldn't win. Say, for example, that you use Headbutt repeatedly with Dunsparce. It would have a 60% chance of causing the Snorlax to flinch when you count Serene Grace's boost. If you got lucky enough, Dunsparce could theoretically take down a Snorlax.

    However, there are certain Pokemon that have advantages in the number of moves they learn and by the effectiveness of their stats and abilities. Certain pokemon are considered weaker, but if you know how to use them, anything can be a feasible option.
    Kaustic likes this.

  2. #4532
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Hey, I wanted to ask a quick question before getting started.

    Is it possible to "gimp" yourself by using "inferior" Pokemon, or is it a level playing field?
    What do you mean?
    Let's say you have a Dunsparce fighting a Snorlax (each is of equivalent level). Would the Dunsparce lose out, due to having inferior stats, or would it stand an equal chance?
    In many respects, the Snorlax would win out. However, that doesn't mean that Dunsparce couldn't win. Say, for example, that you use Headbutt repeatedly with Dunsparce. It would have a 60% chance of causing the Snorlax to flinch when you count Serene Grace's boost. If you got lucky enough, Dunsparce could theoretically take down a Snorlax.

    However, there are certain Pokemon that have advantages in the number of moves they learn and by the effectiveness of their stats and abilities. Certain pokemon are considered weaker, but if you know how to use them, anything can be a feasible option.
    Excellent!! Thank you for the informative post. I had wanted to find out how closely this resembled competitive play (if at all), so it's good to know my options aren't quite as restricted here as they are there. (:

  3. #4533
    He Sees You... Dog of Hellsing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    1,944
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    You'll find the URPG is very competitive, even more so than, say, WiFi or PO. The reason is all Pokemon have access to all level-up moves all the time (except in the case of the Gameboy Clause, which restricts all Pokemon to any four of the moves they have), and any Extra Moves like TMs that you've put on them. A Blaziken on WiFi or PO will only have 4 moves, but here in the URPG a Blaziken might have access to over 40 moves.

    This huge movepool allows for complex strategies and combos you can't really pull off in WiFi or PO.

    I like using Prankster Sableye myself :3.

  4. #4534
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    You'll find the URPG is very competitive, even more so than, say, WiFi or PO. The reason is all Pokemon have access to all level-up moves all the time (except in the case of the Gameboy Clause, which restricts all Pokemon to any four of the moves they have), and any Extra Moves like TMs that you've put on them. A Blaziken on WiFi or PO will only have 4 moves, but here in the URPG a Blaziken might have access to over 40 moves.

    This huge movepool allows for complex strategies and combos you can't really pull off in WiFi or PO.

    I like using Prankster Sableye myself :3.
    I'm liking the idea of having such depth available at any point in the battle. This seems to be a happy medium between ASB and competitive play. ^^

  5. #4535
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    You'll find the URPG is very competitive, even more so than, say, WiFi or PO. The reason is all Pokemon have access to all level-up moves all the time (except in the case of the Gameboy Clause, which restricts all Pokemon to any four of the moves they have), and any Extra Moves like TMs that you've put on them. A Blaziken on WiFi or PO will only have 4 moves, but here in the URPG a Blaziken might have access to over 40 moves.

    This huge movepool allows for complex strategies and combos you can't really pull off in WiFi or PO.

    I like using Prankster Sableye myself :3.
    I'm liking the idea of having such depth available at any point in the battle. This seems to be a happy medium between ASB and competitive play. ^^
    It's certainly a fun variant on the battle system. People tell me I use bad pokemon all the time, but I never listen =P

  6. #4536
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    You'll find the URPG is very competitive, even more so than, say, WiFi or PO. The reason is all Pokemon have access to all level-up moves all the time (except in the case of the Gameboy Clause, which restricts all Pokemon to any four of the moves they have), and any Extra Moves like TMs that you've put on them. A Blaziken on WiFi or PO will only have 4 moves, but here in the URPG a Blaziken might have access to over 40 moves.

    This huge movepool allows for complex strategies and combos you can't really pull off in WiFi or PO.

    I like using Prankster Sableye myself :3.
    I'm liking the idea of having such depth available at any point in the battle. This seems to be a happy medium between ASB and competitive play. ^^
    It's certainly a fun variant on the battle system. People tell me I use bad pokemon all the time, but I never listen =P
    What's "bad" if not perspective, right? (:

    I chose Cubone as my Starter, so I'm hoping the decision works out well. I picked him on the grounds of Cubone being my favorite. XD

  7. #4537
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    What's "bad" if not perspective, right? (:

    I chose Cubone as my Starter, so I'm hoping the decision works out well. I picked him on the grounds of Cubone being my favorite. XD
    I chose Murkrow as my starter for the same reason. I'm sure you'll find a great way to use your eventual Marowak. Maybe you could try investing in a thick club for it later on down the road.

    Welcome to the URPG.

  8. #4538
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,526

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    What's "bad" if not perspective, right? (:

    I chose Cubone as my Starter, so I'm hoping the decision works out well. I picked him on the grounds of Cubone being my favorite. XD
    That's a good way to choose. Very few Pokemon are completely useless in URPG battling.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  9. #4539
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    I chose Murkrow as my starter for the same reason. I'm sure you'll find a great way to use your eventual Marowak. Maybe you could try investing in a thick club for it later on down the road.

    Welcome to the URPG.
    Thank you very much!! I'm trying to figure out what my next move should be from here. I've got my stats up, a story submitted for Magikarp, and... Yeah. No clue what I should do. Part of the fun is learning, I guess. XD

    How did your Murkrow (which I'd imagine is now a Honchkrow) turn out? (: And yeah, I'm figuring I'll shoot for a Thick Club. Moar Attack certainly never hurts (me). :D

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    That's a good way to choose. Very few Pokemon are completely useless in URPG battling.
    That's something I'm really excited about. I'm looking forward to seeing just how open-ended the battling can be. ^^

  10. #4540
    I'm back! Finally Soulmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    157
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    That's something I'm really excited about. I'm looking forward to seeing just how open-ended the battling can be. ^^
    It is very. I suggest getting on AIM if you have it. I am always looking for a battle.

    Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

  11. #4541
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    That's something I'm really excited about. I'm looking forward to seeing just how open-ended the battling can be. ^^
    It is very. I suggest getting on AIM if you have it. I am always looking for a battle.
    I downloaded AIM, and tried to create an account. Apparently, the simple request of opening an account was too much for their servers to bare, and they needed a break. Error 420 and all that jazz. So, I have to wait until they decide to process my request. XD

  12. #4542
    I'm back! Finally Soulmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    157
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    That's something I'm really excited about. I'm looking forward to seeing just how open-ended the battling can be. ^^
    It is very. I suggest getting on AIM if you have it. I am always looking for a battle.
    I downloaded AIM, and tried to create an account. Apparently, the simple request of opening an account was too much for their servers to bare, and they needed a break. Error 420 and all that jazz. So, I have to wait until they decide to process my request. XD
    Ack I had a connection error for the longest time...

    Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

  13. #4543
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    That's something I'm really excited about. I'm looking forward to seeing just how open-ended the battling can be. ^^
    It is very. I suggest getting on AIM if you have it. I am always looking for a battle.
    I downloaded AIM, and tried to create an account. Apparently, the simple request of opening an account was too much for their servers to bare, and they needed a break. Error 420 and all that jazz. So, I have to wait until they decide to process my request. XD
    Ack I had a connection error for the longest time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuckin' AOL
    Whew!

    Thanks for putting 110% into signing up for AOL accounts.

    Love your passion! We'd also love a quick break to process your requests. Take a breather. Maybe grab a bite? You may qualify for additional registrations in 24 hours.

    Error code 420
    I remember when it used to be simple. XD

  14. #4544
    I'm back! Finally Soulmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    157
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic;3956288
    [QUOTE=Fuckin' AOL
    Whew!

    Thanks for putting 110% into signing up for AOL accounts.

    Love your passion! We'd also love a quick break to process your requests. Take a breather. Maybe grab a bite? You may qualify for additional registrations in 24 hours.

    Error code 420
    I remember when it used to be simple. XD[/QUOTE]
    lol I like that error message :). But yeah still annoying.

    Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

  15. #4545
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    lol I like that error message :). But yeah still annoying.
    It entertained me at first, but the second time was like "Okay, AOL. I've eaten dinner and taken probably over a thousand breaths between the first attempt and now. Seriously, guys. Hire better programmers." XP

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •