URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 292
Page 292 of 436 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 6531

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Just like with other battles, not always does a lot of thought go into it. The last time people just made one or two movesets for their favourite Pokemon and pasted them before battle.

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gameboy battles really aren't that much more strategic... You pretty much know what to expect from a mon that only has 4 moves.

Post Thanks / Like

Might as well have a PO tournament if we're doing gameboy tournament. Would be faster and no refs needed xd.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
    Might as well have a PO tournament if we're doing gameboy tournament. Would be faster and no refs needed xd.
    Well, not everyone here knows or cares about what PO is. I'm pretty sure some URPG people tried to make a PO league or something at one point. I don't think it turned out well. So yeah, we can stick to doing it here.

Also, PO takes away the fun of it. When I joined, I had only been around for a few months and this was the first tournament I was actually able to participate in. Somehow with like 7 or 8 mons I managed to make it through to the semi-finals. It was just fun because I had to look over my opponent's stats and see what types they had, and what types I needed to have a chance at beating them. It was a good time. It was my whole reasoning for even owning a Heracross.

It was cool because I managed to beat vets even with a lackluster lineup. I remember beating Shinies and people were impressed and respected me for it.

Not to mention it is just different from PO in a number of critical ways. EVs, IVs, and Natures being the main ones. There is also the differences in how our hidden powers aren't chosen, and how regular attacks don't have a chance to crit. As well, we can't just pick any move or pokemon.

The main fun part of the gameboy tourney is having to look through your opponent's stats and figure out a 6 pokemon team that can best exploit their best pokemon.

I just believe it is a simple tourney that can be done effectively, and it isn't dominated by good players. It rewards those who are willing to put in research and time, while not taking away the advantages longer members have with pokemon and moves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pretty pretty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Well, not everyone here knows or cares about what PO is. I'm pretty sure some URPG people tried to make a PO league or something at one point. I don't think it turned out well. So yeah, we can stick to doing it here.

Also, PO takes away the fun of it. When I joined, I had only been around for a few months and this was the first tournament I was actually able to participate in. Somehow with like 7 or 8 mons I managed to make it through to the semi-finals. It was just fun because I had to look over my opponent's stats and see what types they had, and what types I needed to have a chance at beating them. It was a good time. It was my whole reasoning for even owning a Heracross.

It was cool because I managed to beat vets even with a lackluster lineup. I remember beating Shinies and people were impressed and respected me for it.

Not to mention it is just different from PO in a number of critical ways. EVs, IVs, and Natures being the main ones. There is also the differences in how our hidden powers aren't chosen, and how regular attacks don't have a chance to crit. As well, we can't just pick any move or pokemon.

The main fun part of the gameboy tourney is having to look through your opponent's stats and figure out a 6 pokemon team that can best exploit their best pokemon.

I just believe it is a simple tourney that can be done effectively, and it isn't dominated by good players. It rewards those who are willing to put in research and time, while not taking away the advantages longer members have with pokemon and moves.

>Shinies
    >Vet

Bro, I didn't expect a full response. xD It's the same thing really. You're only allowed moves on PO that you have in your stats. xd

and the POL was badass ok. We just stopped uh.. tryin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Small suggestion for addition to the Gameboy clause, or just as a separate clause entirely - disallow illegal combinations (like Blaziken with Speed Boost + BM Baton Pass; Feraligatr with Body Slam + Metal Claw).

Just makes it more like the games, as Gameboy kinda intends.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post

>Shinies
    >Vet

Bro, I didn't expect a full response. xD It's the same thing really. You're only allowed moves on PO that you have in your stats. xd

and the POL was badass ok. We just stopped uh.. tryin.
    We should start POLing again. I think I'm an official or something :>

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You only want to do things when you have authority and power! Jesus would not approve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    You only want to do things when you have authority and power! Jesus would not approve.
    Omg, I missed you bby doll ;)
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Omg, I missed you bby doll ;)
    i missed you too, beebee. <3 we have been separated for too long!

Post Thanks / Like

What about Black Jesus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette View Post
    What about Black Jesus?
    Lady Gaga - Black Jesus † Amen Fashion (Audio) - YouTube

JESUS IS THE NEW BLACK, OWW!
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HKim's impression of ST:

hkimf 3:14 pm
    I'm pretty good at Isaiah!

Junyor 3:14 pm
    oh boy

hkimf 3:14 pm
    "I hate everyone."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

TIME FOR MY (POSSIBLE) GOODBYE POST

Okay, so on Monday I'm off to Orlando until the 17th of April, I think. So, that means I have the rest of today and the auction tomorrow before I'm offline for a while. I SHOULD be back URPGing as normal after this date, but my multiple inactivities in the past have normally begun after I've been away for a few weeks, and after I've decided that I have better things to do than URPG. I've been quite bored recently, and I've been looking to take another break anyway, so this could be the start of another hiatus. Of course, it could have the opposite effect and I could come back refreshed and everything, but this seems more unlikely than the other option.

So yeah, just posting this now just in case you begin to wonder where I've gone.

Also, since you guys love me can you also do these surveys for my Graphics coursework? :> /plug

See you in like, 2 weeks hopefully.