URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 273

Page 273 of 430 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 6447
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

  1. #4081
    Techno Pussy Fawkes.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,395
    Trophies

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    You people are the reason I don't drink.
    But drink is the spice of life

  2. #4082
    The People's Champion Roulette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Holland, 1945
    Posts
    3,376

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    At least you tried.


  3. #4083
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    I think people are made "Officials" for a reason. Let them do their jobs and if they feel we need to know, then they will tell us. Not every private aspect of the URPG needs to be run by us.


  4. #4084
    Techno Pussy Fawkes.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,395
    Trophies

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions


  5. #4085
    Insane Particle Collider Pman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Skyrim
    Posts
    1,421
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    So, this is just another April Fool's Day prank, right?
    I'm a TPW staffer and if it is, nobody has told me... but they might just be keeping me in the dark because I'm a URPGer
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

  6. #4086
    The Hyacinth Girl Alaskapigeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    2,730

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    GAH DIDN'T NOTICE THIS UNTIL WAY AFTER I GOT HOME BECAUSE I WAS READING THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST AND HRRR

    @PichuBoy



    I do not feel like posting something long and preachy, because in all likelihood it will turn into a satirical story and musical numbers will be thrown into it. So I'll keep this short: Staff should be able to keep things like expansions and large-scale changes to the URPG a secret from regular members until they're ready to present, and that is when we as members can input information. When something is just an idea, and not fully developed, it's much easier to be shot down or turned into something crappy or whatever. It's not like anything's ever just shoved on us, and if it is, we generally are able to bitch about it enough to get it changed (dem FFA rules ;D). The Staff are basically the URPG's government, and this ain't a democracy, kiddo. It is a Pokemon game. Their priority is to make it fun for us, because if we don't like it, we can get up and move somewhere else and there'd be nothing left. They're on your side, we are family, and all that trash.

    tl;dr quit 'yer bitchin', it's not like this was a personal affront, and it's nothing new. Everything is fine.

    EDIT: To appease the rest of you



    I would pick the chick if she could shoot electricity out of her.
    Last edited by Alaskapigeon; 24th February 2012 at 07:43 PM.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

  7. #4087
    Soviet Bidoof Commander Xali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    I can't help but laugh at what I finished reading.

    Laughter is good medicine, so let's all rejoice in something funny that has happened to us/or someone else at some point in our/their lives.
    :)
    Akinai and Alaskapigeon like this.
    From the PE2K URPG section.
    Yes I am a ref & yes, I made Soviet Bidoof

    Questions/Comments/Concerns --> Imperialpineaple on aim.

    SumerianRevenant 7:06 pm
    Ambipom @ 43.78% Par Spe+1 | Jolteon @ 88.62% Spe+1 | Moves?
    SR
    No
    I have done it both ways, multiple times
    And always get complaints either way
    SO FUUUUUUUU
    URPG Stats
    Challenge my PE2K URPG Gym: Sunyshore

  8. #4088
    :) Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    MK quit complaining. Being staff is a lot harder than you think it is, especially when you have to put up with shit from people like you who think they could do the staff's job better.

    Also I love Alaska.

    Also


    Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back into hibernation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails slowpoke_pokemon.gif  

  9. #4089
    pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    pikachu in a highchair
    Posts
    3,342

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    MK quit complaining. Being staff is a lot harder than you think it is, especially when you have to put up with shit from people like you who think they could do the staff's job better.

    Also I love Alaska.

    Also


    Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back into hibernation.
    Wat...

    Also, mfw when Ataro liked it. Shit is CLEARLY GOING DOWN.

  10. #4090
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    @Dog of Hellsing I thought we sorted it out over AIM. That was pretty pointless to come and stir it all up again. :/

    @Alaskapigeon
    @Stinky

    Like I said, me and T_T talked over AIM. The point I was TRYING to make is that URPG members were kept so in the dark about it, that when TPW announced that we were expanding, that was all we had to go by. And you're trying to tell me that if you read the exact line "The URPG is heading our way!" AND that every mod and official had already been promoted on TPW that you WOULDN'T jump to conclusions?

    Yes, that was a misunderstanding on my part. However, like I've said before, this is not the first time something like this has happened.

    People have brought up the issue of the staff boards before. Heck, even mods, officials and the head ref said that they thought the staff could discuss more in public. Because although being secretive may not be your intention, that's certainly what it feels like (protip: that's all I ever said. Don't twist my words)

    And ok, yeah, don't take suggestions from the members straight away, but at least let us know what the hell's going on so we don't have to rely on people leaking stuff to tumblr, or surprise announcements from TPW. The only reason I've been given that this was kept a secret was "We didn't want to get your hopes up and then you all be let down" - I'd seriously hope the people of the URPG wouldn't let a failed expansion get them all depressed. It would be a "Ok, we tried and nothing came out of it. So when's the next tourney coming out?"

    Stinky, I never said I could do the staff's job better. I just don't see how much of a burden it is to let us know what's going on? Is it seriously going to collapse the entirety of the staff to just have a thread entitled something like "Goings-on in the URPG", and have staff members routinely post (heck, even if it was just a weekly update) stuff that's being discussed. Y'know, like the very thread on TPW that caused this all. It doesn't have to be a "c/p the meeting so everyone can see everything", but just a little "Ok, we're looking into the possibility of an expansion. Nothing is concrete yet, so don't start getting your hopes up." and then maybe "We've made a bit of progress and have a couple of possible candidates for expansion. Still nothing solid." THEN reveal to us with the flair that you wanted that TPW have accepted us, and open it up to member input.

    Disagreeing with something and fighting because you think changing it would be for the better =//= bitching/raging/whatever else you want to call it. I've never just gone "THE MODS SUCK LOLOLOLOL", but I've put suggestions forward because, hey, did you ever think maybe I'm NOT just trying to take over the staff and have everything done to please me, but maybe I'm actually trying to help? It's just kinda hard when no-one's actually commenting on your suggestions, just using "being a mod is tough" as an excuse and leaving it at that. I'm not saying that being a mod ISN'T tough, but it'd be nice to know exactly what is SO TOUGH that my suggestions aren't plausible.
    Xali likes this.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  11. #4091
    Leader of the Autobots Dinobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    6,217

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    I thought we sorted it out over AIM. That was pretty pointless to come and stir it all up again. :/

    Like I said, me and T_T talked over AIM. The point I was TRYING to make is that URPG members were kept so in the dark about it, that when TPW announced that we were expanding, that was all we had to go by. And you're trying to tell me that if you read the exact line "The URPG is heading our way!" AND that every mod and official had already been promoted on TPW that you WOULDN'T jump to conclusions?

    They chose to announce it to their forum that we're coming over. We're still preparing things for that process, so once things were in order, we'd let you know.

    Yes, that was a misunderstanding on my part. However, like I've said before, this is not the first time something like this has happened.

    People have brought up the issue of the staff boards before. Heck, even mods, officials and the head ref said that they thought the staff could discuss more in public. Because although being secretive may not be your intention, that's certainly what it feels like (protip: that's all I ever said. Don't twist my words)

    To my knowledge, we haven't discussed anything that needs to be public. Current topic in staff boards is expansion. The only forum that we have recieved a response from is TPW, so there is no need for us to bring the other sites up because they haven't responded yet, which is why we haven't.

    And ok, yeah, don't take suggestions from the members straight away, but at least let us know what the hell's going on so we don't have to rely on people leaking stuff to tumblr, or surprise announcements from TPW. The only reason I've been given that this was kept a secret was "We didn't want to get your hopes up and then you all be let down" - I'd seriously hope the people of the URPG wouldn't let a failed expansion get them all depressed. It would be a "Ok, we tried and nothing came out of it. So when's the next tourney coming out?"

    Although we hadn't announced it at that time, members from here have been making accounts over there since January so I am not really sure how that is much of a surprise anymore unless you aren't active. Just my opinion on that though.

    Stinky, I never said I could do the staff's job better. I just don't see how much of a burden it is to let us know what's going on? Is it seriously going to collapse the entirety of the staff to just have a thread entitled something like "Goings-on in the URPG", and have staff members routinely post (heck, even if it was just a weekly update) stuff that's being discussed. Y'know, like the very thread on TPW that caused this all. It doesn't have to be a "c/p the meeting so everyone can see everything", but just a little "Ok, we're looking into the possibility of an expansion. Nothing is concrete yet, so don't start getting your hopes up." and then maybe "We've made a bit of progress and have a couple of possible candidates for expansion. Still nothing solid." THEN reveal to us with the flair that you wanted that TPW have accepted us, and open it up to member input.

    I don't see a problem with that, in fact, if it will satisfy you, I will inquire about having that set up. Like I said though, nothing but expansion has been talk about that needs to be known by the public, and we aren't even sure where we are going besides TPW.

    Disagreeing with something and fighting because you think changing it would be for the better =//= bitching/raging/whatever else you want to call it. I've never just gone "THE MODS SUCK LOLOLOLOL", but I've put suggestions forward because, hey, did you ever think maybe I'm NOT just trying to take over the staff and have everything done to please me, but maybe I'm actually trying to help? It's just kinda hard when no-one's actually commenting on your suggestions, just using "being a mod is tough" as an excuse and leaving it at that. I'm not saying that being a mod ISN'T tough, but it'd be nice to know exactly what is SO TOUGH that my suggestions aren't plausible.
    .
    Last edited by Dinobot; 25th February 2012 at 04:39 AM.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome


  12. #4092
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    To my knowledge, we haven't discussed anything that needs to be public. Current topic in staff boards is expansion. The only forum that we have recieved a response from is TPW, so there is no need for us to bring the other sites up because they haven't responded yet, which is why we haven't.
    I disagree. The URPG Leaks Tumblr leaked the entirety of one of the meeting summaries.

    "Request to combine Contest Stats (Cool/Beauty/Tough/Cute/Smart/Luster) with normal Battle Stats. Approved by majority.
    Request to add a Gym-Leader-esque system for the Contest Board with ten Leaders. Trial of 5 approved by majority, ATF to work out specifics.
    Request for new addition to the Park; Mystery Zone. Approved.
    Request for Endurance Runs to be implemented in Main RPs. Approved. Dog of Hellsing will work out specifics."

    All those, I fail to see why they couldn't be Trainer's Court topics.

    Although we hadn't announced it at that time, members from here have been making accounts over there since January so I am not really sure how that is much of a surprise anymore unless you aren't active. Just my opinion on that though.
    I'm active - I'm on every day that I can be. It just seems I've missed this entire thing that's gone around, since the first I heard about it was TE's post in this thread. Sure, I'd heard rumours about an expansion, but nothing mentioning TPW.

    I don't see a problem with that, in fact, if it will satisfy you, I will inquire about having that set up. Like I said though, nothing but expansion has been talk about that needs to be known by the public, and we aren't even sure where we are going besides TPW.
    You're my favourite official at the moment. You didn't just resort to "I'm a mod, I know better, stfu bitching", but you actually listened. But, I already said what I thought could've been public, especially based on the posts by officials I linked in my previous post.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  13. #4093
    URPG Moderator Ataro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,557

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    Like I said, me and T_T talked over AIM. The point I was TRYING to make is that URPG members were kept so in the dark about it, that when TPW announced that we were expanding, that was all we had to go by. And you're trying to tell me that if you read the exact line "The URPG is heading our way!" AND that every mod and official had already been promoted on TPW that you WOULDN'T jump to conclusions?

    Yes, that was a misunderstanding on my part. However, like I've said before, this is not the first time something like this has happened.

    People have brought up the issue of the staff boards before. Heck, even mods, officials and the head ref said that they thought the staff could discuss more in public. Because although being secretive may not be your intention, that's certainly what it feels like (protip: that's all I ever said. Don't twist my words)

    And ok, yeah, don't take suggestions from the members straight away, but at least let us know what the hell's going on so we don't have to rely on people leaking stuff to tumblr, or surprise announcements from TPW. The only reason I've been given that this was kept a secret was "We didn't want to get your hopes up and then you all be let down" - I'd seriously hope the people of the URPG wouldn't let a failed expansion get them all depressed. It would be a "Ok, we tried and nothing came out of it. So when's the next tourney coming out?"

    Stinky, I never said I could do the staff's job better. I just don't see how much of a burden it is to let us know what's going on? Is it seriously going to collapse the entirety of the staff to just have a thread entitled something like "Goings-on in the URPG", and have staff members routinely post (heck, even if it was just a weekly update) stuff that's being discussed. Y'know, like the very thread on TPW that caused this all. It doesn't have to be a "c/p the meeting so everyone can see everything", but just a little "Ok, we're looking into the possibility of an expansion. Nothing is concrete yet, so don't start getting your hopes up." and then maybe "We've made a bit of progress and have a couple of possible candidates for expansion. Still nothing solid." THEN reveal to us with the flair that you wanted that TPW have accepted us, and open it up to member input.

    Disagreeing with something and fighting because you think changing it would be for the better =//= bitching/raging/whatever else you want to call it. I've never just gone "THE MODS SUCK LOLOLOLOL", but I've put suggestions forward because, hey, did you ever think maybe I'm NOT just trying to take over the staff and have everything done to please me, but maybe I'm actually trying to help? It's just kinda hard when no-one's actually commenting on your suggestions, just using "being a mod is tough" as an excuse and leaving it at that. I'm not saying that being a mod ISN'T tough, but it'd be nice to know exactly what is SO TOUGH that my suggestions aren't plausible.
    First of all, from what I understand, TPW wasn't supposed to, nor did we expect, to post the expansion announcement. It was an expansion that was secured, but everything beyond that was still in the drafting and planning stage, and we didn't felt that it was time for an announcement yet. After all, everything could change at the snap of a finger. It was definitely not our intention to keep it from you guys, and let others announce it first, then letting you get second-hand news.

    And about the not letting people's hopes down thing, it's more about announcing just about everything that is unconfirmed, like for this case, the expansion of URPG to other forums, and having people hyped and assuming it is confirmed for nothing. For example, I announce that we are planning for an expansion to Pe2k but we have yet to receive a reply, then people start swarming another forum and make random posts about the URPG, it's going to create the sort of unnesscessary commotion and disturbance.

    I do agree with you that we need to reconsider our approach to supposedly 'staff boards' topics. In the past, many things in the Staff boards were not discussed openly (I believe) but times have changed. We understand that the members want to get involved in URPG matters and have a say, or at least have their comments and opinions reviewed, and it is not a bad thing at all. I believe we will, and we should, consider your suggestion.

    That aside, I hope all of us can maintain the friendly and mature attitude in handling or discussing this issue.
    Last edited by Ataro; 25th February 2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Oops honest mistake
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

  14. #4094
    Techno Pussy Fawkes.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,395
    Trophies

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Xali View Post
    so let's all rejoice in something funny that has happened to us/or someone else at some point in our/their lives.
    :)
    Yeah I can't help but laugh at the time my cat got caught up in a misunderstanding on Hoth.
    Pic relevant


  15. #4095
    Leader of the Autobots Dinobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    6,217

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    To my knowledge, we haven't discussed anything that needs to be public. Current topic in staff boards is expansion. The only forum that we have recieved a response from is TPW, so there is no need for us to bring the other sites up because they haven't responded yet, which is why we haven't.
    I disagree. The URPG Leaks Tumblr leaked the entirety of one of the meeting summaries.

    "Request to combine Contest Stats (Cool/Beauty/Tough/Cute/Smart/Luster) with normal Battle Stats. Approved by majority.
    Request to add a Gym-Leader-esque system for the Contest Board with ten Leaders. Trial of 5 approved by majority, ATF to work out specifics.
    Request for new addition to the Park; Mystery Zone. Approved.
    Request for Endurance Runs to be implemented in Main RPs. Approved. Dog of Hellsing will work out specifics."

    All those, I fail to see why they couldn't be Trainer's Court topics.

    All this stuff we just started discussing in this months meeting (Feb. 12). Combining the contests stats doesn't really need to be discussed, what is there to discuss on that matter :[? Gym leader contest thing could have been brought out and discussed by you guys, but this was more of a 'this is an idea I have and hope to start this immediatly' so no one but ATF knew about this and he presented his idea at the meeting and we all agreed to start that it was a good idea to promote activity and that it should start off as soon as possible (which he did 5 days later, and with everything ready, there was no need to get feedback from you guys since he already had everything ready). As for the Park section, Mystery Zone is something Elites and Head are creating ourselves and wish to keep that private. The Endurance runs though, we did bring up in the park section - post #820 (which you should check out ;) because the park is the best section) So from that list, only the Endurance run needed to be out in the open, which it was. This is why leaks should stop because then people will feel that we're hiding things from them when we really aren't.

    Although we hadn't announced it at that time, members from here have been making accounts over there since January so I am not really sure how that is much of a surprise anymore unless you aren't active. Just my opinion on that though.
    I'm active - I'm on every day that I can be. It just seems I've missed this entire thing that's gone around, since the first I heard about it was TE's post in this thread. Sure, I'd heard rumours about an expansion, but nothing mentioning TPW.

    Oh, well sorry about that then, but yeah, it was known by most by late January, early Febuary. We hadn't even discussed it yet at the meeting, which is what we wanted to do before anything got out.

    I don't see a problem with that, in fact, if it will satisfy you, I will inquire about having that set up. Like I said though, nothing but expansion has been talk about that needs to be known by the public, and we aren't even sure where we are going besides TPW.
    You're my favourite official at the moment. You didn't just resort to "I'm a mod, I know better, stfu bitching", but you actually listened. But, I already said what I thought could've been public, especially based on the posts by officials I linked in my previous post.
    Last edited by Dinobot; 25th February 2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •