URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 251

Page 251 of 430 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 6448
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

So, pretty much, the only part of the Frontier you've actually taken are the names of the buildings and "Frontier Brain" instead of Gym Leader :s You may as well have just named them "Mav+Cap's Fake Gym 1/2/3/4/5"

Even if it was something simple as "Battle Arcade has to have a luck-related roll every X turns" (idk if Battle Arcade is luck-based, but I'm guessing) or "Battle Factory has to use Rented mons" and then the Brains can add whatever the heck they like. Otherwise, it just seems like a huge mess.

Also, if we're being technical, Pidge has no place of power in your Frontier. You clearly said it was not an official affiliation of the URPG, and clearly only listed you and Captain Dude as the moderators. So if he doesn't like a rule I make, tough noogies. Sorry, felt that needed to be said.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    So, pretty much, the only part of the Frontier you've actually taken are the names of the buildings and "Frontier Brain" instead of Gym Leader :s You may as well have just named them "Mav+Cap's Fake Gym 1/2/3/4/5"

Even if it was something simple as "Battle Arcade has to have a luck-related roll every X turns" (idk if Battle Arcade is luck-based, but I'm guessing) or "Battle Factory has to use Rented mons" and then the Brains can add whatever the heck they like. Otherwise, it just seems like a huge mess.
    This. If you're calling it the Frontier, why not follow the same rules it has in the games? Pretty sure a lot more people would be interested if so.

The URPG Buy-In Tournament

Go sign up. Unless you cant afford it. In that case, scram.
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

So I heard that a small percentage of URPG that has quite a bit of extra cash to throw around is hosting an exclusive, rich people only miniature tournament. The rest of us shouldn't stand for it, letting them have all the fun while we sit around and watch. I demand that the URPG's super rich be taxed more, and let the bulk of URPG have lower taxes so that they can afford the luxuries of mini tournaments and other such things. The buy-in amount was put in place solely to keep the middle and lower class out. We can't stand for such class warfare. Occupy URPG.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

We are the 1%
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Okay, news update. I've learned that the 1% exclusive tournament is giving away cash prizes. THE RICH ARE ONLY GETTING RICHER. This must be stopped now.

追放されたバカ

I am black so wheres my welfare check?
    Captain Dude likes this.

I saw that bit and took it to mean the same as the Gym Leaders - # of mons, clauses, etc... But if I get what you're saying, you're saying the leader makes ALL of the rules?

So, say I become the leader of the Battle Arcade. I have no idea what the Frontier is like in HG/SS, so I could just say "Ok, I want the rules to be 3v3 with alternating terrains and weather every 3 turns, and everyone has to use Pokemon classified by the Pokedex as Blue."?

'Cause if so, that's kinda weird. They should be like the Orange Islands where every building has preset rules. I'm assuming rules have to be cleared and given approval. If so, someone could post rules, then they have to wait for approval, and then say it's not approved for being too complicated or w/e, you then have to wait for them to post again, and then wait for approval again. It just slows down the whole process.
    If you really wanted to do that, you could. But you would have to have 12 well TM'd blue Pokemon to register ;o I'll touch on the rest later..

Also, if we're being technical, Pidge has no place of power in your Frontier. You clearly said it was not an official affiliation of the URPG, and clearly only listed you and Captain Dude as the moderators. So if he doesn't like a rule I make, tough noogies. Sorry, felt that needed to be said.
    First off, the Battle Frontier in the games is simply unable to be acclimated to URPG. For instance, the Battle Tower consists of well over 100 1v1 battles where the Pokemon vary in level. The other ones consist of groups of 7 trainers then a brain, or something stupid like that. So we would need 8 trainers just to have one venue running, and no one would want to go through the long and drawn out process it would be of challenging that. Plus, I know the Battle Castle specifically is based on spending points to heal in between trainer battles. If we attempted to put these into the URPG, they would be half-assed and not really represent their main series counterparts. That would end up with them being like another Orange Islands. And we don't want that, because the Battle Frontier is meant to bring something new, fresh, and unique to URPG.

But if someone really wants to, they can adapt the main series venue to their URPG venue. Look at WTP, he did just that. While Eraizaa incorporated the theme of the Battle Arcade into the rules. Meanwhile, Ash took a completely different route. That's the point of the Battle Frontier, you're the leader, you make the rules.

Also, when Mav says "Pidge has to approve" what he means is, "Pidge decides if the battles will pay or not." Even if he says no, we can still do them.

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dude View Post
    If you really wanted to do that, you could. But you would have to have 12 well TM'd blue Pokemon to register ;o I'll touch on the rest later..

First off, the Battle Frontier in the games is simply unable to be acclimated to URPG. For instance, the Battle Tower consists of well over 100 1v1 battles where the Pokemon vary in level. The other ones consist of groups of 7 trainers then a brain, or something stupid like that. So we would need 8 trainers just to have one venue running, and no one would want to go through the long and drawn out process it would be of challenging that. Plus, I know the Battle Castle specifically is based on spending points to heal in between trainer battles. If we attempted to put these into the URPG, they would be half-assed and not really represent their main series counterparts. That would end up with them being like another Orange Islands. And we don't want that, because the Battle Frontier is meant to bring something new, fresh, and unique to URPG.

But if someone really wants to, they can adapt the main series venue to their URPG venue. Look at WTP, he did just that. While Eraizaa incorporated the theme of the Battle Arcade into the rules. Meanwhile, Ash took a completely different route. That's the point of the Battle Frontier, you're the leader, you make the rules.

Also, when Mav says "Pidge has to approve" what he means is, "Pidge decides if the battles will pay or not." Even if he says no, we can still do them.
    tl;dr. All I know is that...

First off, the Battle Frontier in the games is simply unable to be acclimated to URPG.
    Isn't true.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Yo I heard people were getting a high sodium content here, and I got these fries, so...
    Last edited by Pidge; 22nd November 2011 at 09:49 PM.
    MaverickKaiser likes this.

追放されたバカ

We jigglin er...

So like I said to a handful of peeps. I'm gonna take a hike from URPG :P
    Its been a blast and now you guys can easily get the sunyshore badge xD

Speaking of which, Sunyshore and My Elite Spot are open. Go check it out and I hope my replacements make me proud ):<

I suppose I'll pop in from time to time again. Until then, cya guys :D
    From the PE2K URPG section.
    Yes I am a ref & yes, I made Soviet Bidoof

Questions/Comments/Concerns --> Imperialpineaple on aim.

SumerianRevenant 7:06 pm
    Ambipom @ 43.78% Par Spe+1 | Jolteon @ 88.62% Spe+1 | Moves?
    SR
    No
    I have done it both ways, multiple times
    And always get complaints either way
    SO FUUUUUUUU
    URPG Stats
    Challenge my PE2K URPG Gym: Sunyshore

I can't help but think that the 1% is responsible...

Quote Originally Posted by Xali View Post

Speaking of which, Sunyshore and My Elite Spot are open. Go check it out and I hope my replacements make me proud ):<

Later and good luck.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xali View Post

Goodbye by nignog. ;_;