URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 200
Page 200 of 441 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 6610

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

  1. #2986
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,528
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    WTF Pokemon Crime - Dorkly Picture

    E: lol @ pidge in defense mood

  2. #2987

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    >someone makes crappy argument
    >reply and destroy them
    >all they can say is 'lol'
    >all i do is win

    Happy 4th of July everyone.

  3. #2988
    I'm back <3 Coasting Wingull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pastoria City
    Posts
    1,065

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Gone untill the 7th for those who care, theres actualy decent wheather here now.

    SURPRISE CAMPING TRIP TIME.
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City


  4. #2989
    The Hyacinth Girl Alaskapigeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    2,726

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    >someone makes crappy argument
    >reply and destroy them
    >all they can say is 'lol'
    >all i do is win

    Happy 4th of July everyone.
    Let's set crap on fire. ;D
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

  5. #2990

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    Let's set crap on fire. ;D

  6. #2991
    I Invented the Pidgeot SiberianTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    XBOX LIVE
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions


    URPG Stats
    Legend of the Thief
    All Your Base Are Belong to Lulsec

  7. #2992
    The Hyacinth Girl Alaskapigeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    2,726

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    and an hour later.....


    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

  8. #2993
    The People's Champion Roulette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Holland, 1945
    Posts
    3,373

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Toby Keith Approves.

  9. #2994
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,528
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    >someone makes crappy argument
    >reply and destroy them
    >all they can say is 'lol'
    >all i do is win

    Happy 4th of July everyone.
    Wasn't a crappy argument, but your response was pathetic. You did nothing whatsoever to help the situation, only repeat your first post again and again except with shitty meme-based pictures to try and emphasise your point. The only reason I stopped replying is because you're scraping the dictator mark and I knew your little bitches would run to your defense. SO, YEAH, PIDGE. Enjoy getting what you want if it makes you feel accepted.

  10. #2995

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post



    And how have you proved your way is better than how it is currently? What about the fact that a Kakuna or Wobbuffet can make 10,000+ just by sending Harden, Destiny Bond, or Counter in a few FFAs a week.

    Hi, your way only solves problems YOU see. Clearly no one else in Syns FFA (Which I will refer to because you started this after said FFA) even complained about the rule. In fact if I recall, only you made a comment about how stupid of a rule it was.

    lol, no EMs makes it even worse, you lazy refs not reffing certain moves. And I know I’m fine, that’s why you are using my image in your avatar.

    Correction, we're not lazy and I can definetly speak for myself there. When we do a no EMs FFA, we simply even the battlefield for everyone. Newer members can take on older members and presto. Fun For All! Now if you continue with your argument that we're too lazy, we can change that and have ALL EMs be available.

    Okay, and your point? In a normal battle, you are allowed to use whatever move you want, no matter how annoying it is for the ref, and he/she has no right to complain. When I here refs complaining about stalling, all I hear is someone lazy who shouldn't even be a ref if they aren't prepared to handle lengthy situations. It's not like Substitute makes a Pokemon immune to being KO'd. Most of the times it’s only going to lengthen a Pokemon’s life by 4 turns.

    Nice rhetoric there with 'Find other ways to win' and 'steal the win'. FFAs are not a Rubik's Cube to figure out. You're the one giving less freedom now. With these restrictions, players are guaranteed to use either 'strategy': Set up Substitute and stat up and attack later or just immediately start hitting Pokemon. However, if you are able to restrict the former, then that only leaves the second option for the most part.

    When its down to 1v1, say Syn's example Clefable and Starmie with max stats. You have nothing else BUT to attack if you want the win. Well Pidge, when I give less freedom its done to ALL players. There is no bias here and when we do restrictions it is to not overwhelm ourselves with a ridiculously long FFA. A 10 person FFA should not take more than 3 hours.


    You want to know why Substitute is so important in FFAs? People just don't use it because everyone else does turn 1. Substitute adds another level to FFAs that no other moves can. It's not because it blocks a large amount of moves, but because it acts like a security measure against being blindsided. With Substitute up, single Pokemon can't just KO you in one move in one turn. Substitute is like your first line of defense, and when it's gone, anything can happen to the point where FFAs are even less competitive than they are already. At least with Substitute, if yours is attacked by an opposing Pokemon, you know you're being attacked, and you are given the next turn to figure out how to stop from being KO'd. Otherwise, you can just be out right attacked and be like ‘how was I supposed to anticipate and prepare for that?’

    I know the importance of a sub yes. I never said I was completely banning it. I said put restrictions on it when there needs to be some. This goes back to "not everyone has that move, so it'll be fair for all" Also, its a freaking FFA, the comment outlined in red is supposed to be like that. Its revo styled for a reason, so you don't know whats going to happen :|


    Also, I hope you know there are at least 1,000 other just as interesting rules you can think of if you set your brain to it. Lastly, it’s not like you can’t modify it so whatever the Juggernaut is not as uberly powerful as you suggest.


    Good idea Pidge, you set the restrictions, now give us a list of what we CAN use that way we'll save you the time of having to be asked. This also works well in the case that you are not present and we want to have an FFA but are unsure of whether it is in guideline with the rules.


    No, Stockpile states the Pokemon’s defense rise. Also, the main reasoning behind this rules is that battlers can’t correct you if you do something wrong. I’m fine with certain refs doing this because I know they are less likely to mess up, but I’ve seen a newer ref do this, and I was unable to discern from when he was reffing correctly and when he wasn’t.

    Um...battlers correcting my reffing isn't a problem. In fact I don't mind it at all. I make my share of mistakes and obviously even with the correct stats in place, sometimes you leave the wrong ability plugged in the calculator. Thus, correction is needed at times.

    Hi Mr. Lazy Ref who can’t ref an FFA without making it easier for himself! Also, nice rhetoric there bud, ‘steal the win’. That’s implying there’s something wrong with sitting back when it’s strategically fine to do so. It’s not. Nobody ‘steals a win’ in an FFA.

    Hi Mr. I-see-a-problem-with-an-FFA-while-no-one else-does-so I-make-new-rules. You can't just sit back in a normal battle and win there. Learn to think outside the Pokéball(read:box)!

    Too bad people aren’t always going to readily have basics to ref, and even then, you will have to compete with other refs to get them. Plus, two wrongs don’t make a right. At least eliminate one of the wrongs.

    Too bad we don't always ref FFAs and now with THESE restrictions probably even less. Whats your point? Nice, two wrongs don't make a right, surely you know that your additional wrong makes it even less right.

    The warning is me posting the new rules.

    These aren't rules, these are freaking restrictions. Wait...and you complain about ours?


    You did not address anything about money and how easily they can give you money for almost doing nothing.

    So...Starmie and Clefable sitting there recovering for an hour or so is doing nothing? You go ref that then.

    Like I said, there’s several rules you can still do. If you’re so creative, why don’t you think of one that doesn’t shorten how long the FFA will last.

    Ok, what exactly determiens the length of an FFA? Are you gonna put a minimum number of hours one should last?

    Ref a fake battle that isn’t logged, earn a legendary, and/or catch a powerful Pokemon.

    That has no initiative whatsoever for anyone. None of the 3 participants gets anything out of this :|
    At least with random mon FFA's we get paid. And again...we can include all EMs...
    Not everyone can earn a legendary, we're not you



    Eating watermelons are fun and require a lot more thought than you’d think if you hadn’t done them before. Not to mention, trying to figure out where all the seeds are without getting watermelon all of your face is hella hard.

    That has absolutely nothing to do with his argument or the URPG....on a related note to your comment, Pineapples are more awesome than watermelons...just sayin~

    If you think Haze is unhealthy for FFAs, you can ban it. And how often is that situation going to happen?

    Woah woah woah. Now we CAN ban stuff? Pidge you are all over the place bro :\


    Cool you know how to exaggerate.

    I think your restrictions are exaggerated ._.

    Thanks for backing up your argument! All I see is ‘baww I don’t want to ref someone using Cosmic Power 6 times in a row bawwwww’.

    Fuuny, all I saw was. "well heck if I cap this at 3+ in all stats, I can save us 3 turns of Cosmic Power vs Work Up"


    Basic battles are pretty much essential in the URPG, and they may pay too much, but balancing it out with outrageous FFA rules is not the answer. Plus, the main point of basic battles is to evolve your Pokemon, not to get money. Like I said, you have to find the people who need basic battles to be reffed, it won’t always be an option, and you need to compete with other refs to do them. With FFAs, you can just invite people to a chat and get rolling.

    Well good job. So the URPG must forever remain unbalanced because we can't balance one thing with another and so many wrongs don't turn into a right. We're such a mess, blah blah blah.
    Also, there are some people that keep a basics without evolving it. Why? I don't know I don't care. Maybe it looks cuter to them or they just prefer it that way. OMG, what if...they wanna use Eviolite? :O

    Uh no, some FFA's don't get started like that. Infact some fail to initiate at all.
    My other two cents....
    Last edited by Xali; 4th July 2011 at 04:19 PM.

  11. #2996
    I Invented the Pidgeot SiberianTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    XBOX LIVE
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    STILL mad you lost to my gym?

    URPG Stats
    Legend of the Thief
    All Your Base Are Belong to Lulsec

  12. #2997

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions



    I'm not going to flat out say that you're all retards, because some of the ideas in this little debate actually make sense from both sides. Just a few. The thing is this, you all are just trying to put a band-aid over the URPG's biggest problem: there aren't enough fun gametypes for people to play. People play FFAs since

    -it takes too long to grind for TMs, and new players need to do it somehow
    -its probably the most social and least competitive thing that we have that can actually interesting
    -zany rules put a fun and fair spin on a game that has had nearly the exact same mechanics since 1996
    -the general rule that only the best players have been here for what is an eternity for any normal game. a newer/intermediate player will never have the same options as someone who has been here for 2+ years, and they won't for a long time without obsessive amounts of playing either

    So if you can't fix all of those problems, don't bother trying to limit FFAs anymore than they are.
    Last edited by august13th; 4th July 2011 at 05:11 PM.

    lindsey is my waifu

  13. #2998
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,528
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
    STILL mad you lost to my gym?
    Cronie #1 to the rescue.

    Quote Originally Posted by august13th View Post


    I'm not going to flat out say that you're all retards, because some of the ideas in this little debate actually make sense. The thing is this, you all are just trying to put a band-aid over the URPG's biggest problem: there aren't enough fun gametypes for people to play. People play FFAs since

    -it takes too long to grind for TMs, and new players need to do it somehow
    -its probably the most social and least competitive thing that we have that can actually interesting
    -zany rules put a fun and fair spin on a game that has had nearly the exact same mechanics 1996
    -the general rule that only the best players have been here for what is an eternity for any normal game. a newer/intermediate player will never have the same options as someone who has been here for 2+ years, and they won't for a long time without obsessive amounts of playing either

    So if you can't fix all of those problems, don't bother trying to limit FFAs anymore than they are.
    This.

  14. #2999
    Stay Classy The Jr. Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    981

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    This was discussed in the staff board and multiple people (read: refs) agreed upon it. They are the rules, if you have a problem with them stop reffing.

  15. #3000

    Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

    Hi, your way only solves problems YOU see. Clearly no one else in Syns FFA (Which I will refer to because you started this after said FFA) even complained about the rule. In fact if I recall, only you made a comment about how stupid of a rule it was.
    Hi Mr. I-see-a-problem-with-an-FFA-while-no-one else-does-so I-make-new-rules. You can't just sit back in a normal battle and win there. Learn to think outside the Pokéball(read:box)!

    It’s not about people having problems; it goes back to the laziness. It’s possible for nobody to have problems about an FFA where every move does 100% to the target, but it would be way too easy to ref. That’s the kind of argument that I’m saying about limiting Substitute.

    Correction, we're not lazy and I can definetly speak for myself there. When we do a no EMs FFA, we simply even the battlefield for everyone. Newer members can take on older members and presto. Fun For All! Now if you continue with your argument that we're too lazy, we can change that and have ALL EMs be available.

    Yeah right. You’re not catering to new members. Not everyone is new. If you look at an average FFA, you will see that most people have Substitute and plenty of other taught moves on their Pokemon. Every once in a while there will be a new guy, but he/she too will have taught moves on his/her Pokemon eventually. What kind of message do you send by telling them they don’t need any taught moves? And if you want to do a rule where everyone has every move, that’s fine by me.

    When its down to 1v1, say Syn's example Clefable and Starmie with max stats. You have nothing else BUT to attack if you want the win. Well Pidge, when I give less freedom its done to ALL players. There is no bias here and when we do restrictions it is to not overwhelm ourselves with a ridiculously long FFA. A 10 person FFA should not take more than 3 hours.

    So...Starmie and Clefable sitting there recovering for an hour or so is doing nothing? You go ref that then.

    Okay, then I guess both battlers will attack each other? I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Some kind of rule that ridiculously increases the damage output of moves is not necessary to prevent situations that hardly occur. Besides, all moves have diminishing PP values, especially Moonlight.

    We’re not talking about favoring players over another. Why are you getting so worked up about one single move that you can’t ban. It really seems like you are trying to make it easier for yourself. And there, you admit it yourself. You use restrictions to make it easier to ref.


    I know the importance of a sub yes. I never said I was completely banning it. I said put restrictions on it when there needs to be some. This goes back to "not everyone has that move, so it'll be fair for all" Also, its a freaking FFA, the comment outlined in red is supposed to be like that. Its revo styled for a reason, so you don't know whats going to happen :|

    Read my first bold response. Tell me, who are all these people around that do not have Substitute TM on a Pokemon and participate in Free For Alls all the time? And obviously you are going to be in situations where you are screwed no matter what, but Substitute mitigates them and benefit FFAs in a great way that it should be off limits on restricting.

    Good idea Pidge, you set the restrictions, now give us a list of what we CAN use that way we'll save you the time of having to be asked. This also works well in the case that you are present and we want to have an FFA but are unsure of whether it is in guideline with the rules.

    Ok, what exactly determiens the length of an FFA? Are you gonna put a minimum number of hours one should last?

    It’s pretty simple. If you are thinking of a rule that makes things way easier to ref than usual, it’s bad. It’s funny that you mention me to put up rules that are allowed. Originally I said there should be a master list of rules you can do, and you can submit rules to be approved. However, the intelligent ChainReaction01 suggested a blacklist instead, which I thought was a great idea. Anyway, you want some decent example rules? Here…

    KO a Pokemon to gain a move your Pokemon doesn’t learn for the FFA.

    All Pokemon can choose to have Prankster or Mummy as a second ability.

    KO a Pokemon to change the weather.

    Every trainer has a secret word that must be the name of a Pokemon Item. If you guess a trainer’s secret word when you send your move, you can -1 or -2 one of their stats and +2 one of yours at the end of the turn.

    All Pokemon start with Accuracy+1.

    The fastest and slowest Pokemon in the FFA do x1.3 more damage.

    All Pokemon are able to switch between zone A, B, and C. Physical attacks do x1.3 more damage going up in the alphabet, while special attacks do x1.3 more damage going down in the alphabet.

    Note that none of these rules go overboard. You’re still able to beef up someone’s power or give them a reward for KO-ing a Pokemon, but it’s not overwhelmingly powerful that it dominates the FFA. Try to think ‘out of the Pokeball’ and create rules that have to do with passwords, psychology, and different zones; these are the truly original rules.


    Um...battlers correcting my reffing isn't a problem. In fact I don't mind it at all. I make my share of mistakes and obviously even with the correct stats in place, sometimes you leave the wrong ability plugged in the calculator. Thus, correction is needed at times.

    Yes, I’m saying that if people aren’t able to check your work, then maybe a rule that involves hidden stat boosts is bad.

    Too bad we don't always ref FFAs and now with THESE restrictions probably even less. Whats your point? Nice, two wrongs don't make a right, surely you know that your additional wrong makes it even less right.

    You’re acting like there being less FFAs is a bad thing. The whole point is for people to work adequately for their URPG money.

    These aren't rules, these are freaking restrictions. Wait...and you complain about ours?

    Okay. More or less, rules are restrictions…That’s nothing new.

    That has no initiative whatsoever for anyone. None of the 3 participants gets anything out of this :|
    At least with random mon FFA's we get paid. And again...we can include all EMs...
    Not everyone can earn a legendary, we're not you


    I never said you would get paid. You asked me how people are able to try out legendary or powerful Pokemon and I answered you.

    That has absolutely nothing to do with his argument or the URPG....on a related note to your comment, Pineapples are more awesome than watermelons...just sayin~

    It does if you understand the context it was put in. Also, I too enjoy pineapples, and I hate watermelons.

    Woah woah woah. Now we CAN ban stuff? Pidge you are all over the place bro :\

    Yes.

    I think your restrictions are exaggerated ._.

    Great.

    Fuuny, all I saw was. "well heck if I cap this at 3+ in all stats, I can save us 3 turns of Cosmic Power vs Work Up"

    You can be lazy and not ref 3 turns.

    Well good job. So the URPG must forever remain unbalanced because we can't balance one thing with another and so many wrongs don't turn into a right. We're such a mess, blah blah blah.
    Also, there are some people that keep a basics without evolving it. Why? I don't know I don't care. Maybe it looks cuter to them or they just prefer it that way. OMG, what if...they wanna use Eviolite? :O
    Uh no, some FFA's don't get started like that. Infact some fail to initiate at all.


    You’re going nowhere with this, comparing basics to FFAs. One is needed, one isn’t, and one has gotten out of hand.

    What does certain Pokemon being viable or desired as unevolved have to do with anything?

    And okay at your last sentence, it's still considerably more consistent to organize an FFA than to find basics to ref regularly.
    Last edited by Pidge; 4th July 2011 at 06:10 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •