URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 2

Page 2 of 430 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree2527Likes

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

When you say that a pokemon can use any of it's known moves, does that include new level 1 moves that only its evolved form knows? For example: when a wartortle evolves into blastoise, the move flash cannon suddenly appears on its move lise at level 1. Can it then use that move right off the bat after evolving? Or do i need a special tutor like the games's move rememberer?
    Pidge likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil View Post
    When you say that a pokemon can use any of it's known moves, does that include new level 1 moves that only its evolved form knows? For example: when a wartortle evolves into blastoise, the move flash cannon suddenly appears on its move lise at level 1. Can it then use that move right off the bat after evolving? Or do i need a special tutor like the games's move rememberer?
    This thread will help you alot. Look for the Squirtle Evolution line, and you can use Moves that's listed under Moves. In this case, if you click here and scroll down, you'll come across the post for Squirtle :)

But answering your question, yes, it can use that move right off the bat. Only after it evolves, since it learns it after evolving ^^
    Pidge likes this.
    Love RPGs? Currently helping a friend of mine on a RP-esque forum, PM me if you're interested!

I'm back! l Paired with ♥ Peaceful Moonlight ♥

I also have a question, in the rules it says "Story Deals are limited to two a month per trainer" Now, my question is, what is a story deal, because if you're saying I can only write 2 posts a month, that's just cruel and unusual punishment.

I've never really been involved in a serious RP Forum like this one, my old Bleach one was sort of lax, despite me and my friends' dedication. I'm just trying to get the rules straight.

And thank you guys for opening a Poke forum. I wish I'd have known about this much earlier.
    Pidge likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King_Reis View Post
    I also have a question, in the rules it says "Story Deals are limited to two a month per trainer" Now, my question is, what is a story deal, because if you're saying I can only write 2 posts a month, that's just cruel and unusual punishment.

I've never really been involved in a serious RP Forum like this one, my old Bleach one was sort of lax, despite me and my friends' dedication. I'm just trying to get the rules straight.

And thank you guys for opening a Poke forum. I wish I'd have known about this much earlier.
    Oh my, we're not that mean. Basically, Writing Stories is one way you can capture Pokemon in the URPG. A Story Deal is whereby you create a deal with another Trainer(whom lets say can't write stories that well) and you basically write and obtain the Pokemon from it, and trade that to him/her. In return, he/she might trade you something in favor.

But why Story Deals? Its because, some Pokemon are only available by writing Stories(you get them graded by our Grader Officials and if it passes) you get to keep the mon you wrote for.

So for example, lets say I wreck at Story Writing and I need a Pikachu. Simply, I ask you if you could get me a Pikachu via Story Writing way, while I give you *insert offers here*. Thus, Story deals are entirely optional/up to the one who's writing it. If they think the offer they get is good, they can do a Story Deal with the concerned Trainer.
    Pidge likes this.
    Love RPGs? Currently helping a friend of mine on a RP-esque forum, PM me if you're interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
    I think you're talking about EVs. If so, the concept of EVs is not present in the URPG, each Pokemon has max stats in every stats (like Charizard has 299 Speed and so on).
    I was thinking of that yeah.

So I can't have my trainer's style be so that his Charizard is less bulky and more speedy? That's ok if not, I was just thinking something like D&D's +2/-2 might be a cool idea for this RPG.
    Pidge likes this.

Ahh, mmkay. Well then, much obliged for that explanation. Now to break into the writing. Here's to a long, happy relationship. =D
    Pidge likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by King_Reis View Post

A story deal is when one person writes for a Pokemon that they will then immediately trade to someone that they arranged with prior to writing the story. People ask others to do story deals for them for many reasons, whether it be that they don't think their writing ability would be able to successfully capture the targeted mon, or if they just don't have the time to write anything.

EDIT: Wow, I got majorly ninja'd. xD
    Last edited by KidBeano; 15th April 2010 at 12:23 PM.

Also, do I just start posting once my Trainer stats are up, or do I wait for a mod to manually add me to the guide, the rules seem slightly ambiguous on this one, and I'd like some verification before I start fighting.
    Pidge likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moriatti View Post
    Also, do I just start posting once my Trainer stats are up, or do I wait for a mod to manually add me to the guide, the rules seem slightly ambiguous on this one, and I'd like some verification before I start fighting.
    Its the Mod's job to add your stats to the stats thread anyways. But that doesn't affect your activity. Once you've got your stats up(after you've posted), you're good to start your adventure ^^
    Pidge likes this.

Sexcellent. Thanks for the tips! Now to... Garden!
    But I'll be back, so no worries.
    Pidge likes this.

Is Golden. The Golden Tyranitar's Avatar
    Sitting in an armchair in a quiet library in Driftveil City.
    Blog Entries

I have a question:Why is it a requirement to have an instant messenger?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Tyranitar View Post
    I have a question:Why is it a requirement to have an instant messenger?
    Not really a requirement, but its an asset/plus to have one(Either AIM or IRC/mIRC. Simply because you can have lots of Battles done waaay faster there compared to the forum based ones, and from time to time, we host Events online(we also host forum based ones)but they have their own pluses/minuses and its also a place where we URPGers "hang" out xD

On the Ultra Dex, do the battle requirements of an evolved Pokemon include battles had when the Pokemon was in it's basic stage

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by L285 View Post
    On the Ultra Dex, do the battle requirements of an evolved Pokemon include battles had when the Pokemon was in it's basic stage
    Yup. :) So, Charmander to Charmeleon is 5 battles, and then Charmeleon to Charizard is another 5 battles (bringing the total battle count to 10).

DISREGARD THIS POST
    Last edited by Wiiunite; 15th April 2010 at 01:19 PM.

Page 2 of 430 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast