URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions - Page 112
Page 112 of 436 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 6530

Thread: URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions

I hate RPs. A lot.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Nothing will be banned. Salamence, Garchomp and Wobbuffet were never banned in gen 4. URPG is inherently unconpetetive, so creating a balanced metagame is a nonissue.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont see it being a problem in normal gameplay, and in an FFA where its likely to get the increased number of turns it can really use, the ref can simply ban it if he sees fit to do so, much like the Intimidate negation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

I really don't see how it's going to break gameplay. Most mons are geared towards being reliant on about two stats. (e.g. sweepers: Speed and (SP)ATK. Tanks: DEF and SP.DEF, sometimes HP). Since there are 7 possibilities to be raised, you've got about a 2/7 chance of having something useful raised. I mean, it's hardly going to help if it raises a Physical Sweeper's Sp.ATK by 2 and lowers its ATK. Then, they protect, hoping to get back the ATK, and it raises their DEF and lowers their Speed.

Also, URPG works quite differently to regular competitive battling, as has already been stated. All stats are Maxed and mons aren't limited to four moves. So, if one of those Pokemon switched in against a Mixed Sweeper, and Inconsistent raises their ATK, but lowers their DEF, then it's not going to help hugely, because chances are, they might be dead before they can attack, and even so, having +2 ATK doesn't guarantee a OHKO.

So yeah, I don't think it should be banned. I think even a Clause is going a bit too far. People've never considered any of those mons particularly good before, so why should they suddenly jump from UU/NU, etc... to Uber just because of an ability?
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
    I really don't see how it's going to break gameplay. Most mons are geared towards being reliant on about two stats. (e.g. sweepers: Speed and (SP)ATK. Tanks: DEF and SP.DEF, sometimes HP). Since there are 7 possibilities to be raised, you've got about a 2/7 chance of having something useful raised. I mean, it's hardly going to help if it raises a Physical Sweeper's Sp.ATK by 2 and lowers its ATK. Then, they protect, hoping to get back the ATK, and it raises their DEF and lowers their Speed.

Also, URPG works quite differently to regular competitive battling, as has already been stated. All stats are Maxed and mons aren't limited to four moves. So, if one of those Pokemon switched in against a Mixed Sweeper, and Inconsistent raises their ATK, but lowers their DEF, then it's not going to help hugely, because chances are, they might be dead before they can attack, and even so, having +2 ATK doesn't guarantee a OHKO.

So yeah, I don't think it should be banned. I think even a Clause is going a bit too far. People've never considered any of those mons particularly good before, so why should they suddenly jump from UU/NU, etc... to Uber just because of an ability?
    Smeargle was already OU.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Smeargle was already OU.
    Even so, its use in the URPG is quite limited, seeing as it only gets 11(?) moves, and people can see what they are from the other person's stats. I don't see how getting a random stat boost + loss would help it, especially if it ruins itself by losing Speed.
    MORE CAPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leman View Post
    URPG is inherently unconpetetive, so creating a balanced metagame is a nonissue.
    Elaborate.

Also, Hoothoot in post #3 should be one word.

<< All the Pokemon We Don't Hate >>

And Inconsistent Bibarel will wreck shit. Tailow agrees. xP

Last edited by Pidge; 22nd December 2010 at 08:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Elaborate.

Also, Hoothoot in post #3 should be one word.

<< All the Pokemon We Don't Hate >>

And Inconsistent Bibarel will wreck shit. Tailow agrees. xP

Nice discovery and opinion, chap.

But one of those bibarel are ditto!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Feng View Post
    Nice discovery and opinion, chap.

But one of those bibarel are ditto!
    Feng makes a startling revelation. Also

I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH.

I hate RPs. A lot.
    Post Thanks / Like

URPG is uncompetitive as the goal is not to win really. The only truly competitive aspects are the Elite Four, and sporadic ladder. While other matches are played to win, there is either a massive handicap on/rule change (tournament/gyms) that it wont work, or it is not serious enough. The entire goal of the urpg is more to be a successful trainer in whatever definition you give that, which is not necessarily battling. Another point is we emulate in game, not shoddy. There are no bans. I see no problem banning thing sin certain tournaments, but for regular battling, including elite4 etc there will be no bans. Period.

Inconsistent pokemon just sit there and grab boosts by alternating in between Protect and Substitute. Eventually you will get an evasion boost and a free sub and you can start wreaking havoc with whatever SAtk/Atk boosts you got. Or you can be Smeargle and pass all of them to something destroy something. The problem people in competetive have with inconsistent is that the counters to inconsistent are situational and leave you as a sitting duck against a lot of other threats. IE Celebi has a difficult time being a bulky rounded check if it has to give up a slot for Perish Song, Gengar doesn't have enough coverage if it runs Haze. This problem is remedied in URPG because we have unlimited moves. You don't lose anything by having Perish Song or Haze or Taunt or Encore or Psych Up or whatever. You can't theorize those sort of things here.

I have no idea what MK is talking about. The randomness is made better by URPG. If Octilery gets +2 Atk in competitive its a wasted turn. In URPG it can just whack you with a Waterfall. ._.

I Invented the Pidgeot SiberianTiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Leman has said all that needs to be said on the matter. So just let it rest.

Besides, hasn't even been used in the URPG yet, so you wouldn't know if it was broken anyway.

URPG Stats
    Legend of the Thief
    All Your Base Are Belong to Lulsec

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The only truly competitive aspects are the Elite Four, and sporadic ladder. I see no problem banning thing sin certain tournaments, but for regular battling, including elite4 etc there will be no bans. Period.
    That's what I mean about banning stuff, although you could include Elite 4 too, kind of like legends. You allow them everywhere it's casual and/or where you make your own rules. But that's only if something, like Inconsistent, does ever become broken, which is doubtful.
    Last edited by Pidge; 23rd December 2010 at 08:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have no idea what MK is talking about. The randomness is made better by URPG. If Octilery gets +2 Atk in competitive its a wasted turn. In URPG it can just whack you with a Waterfall. ._.
    Thing is, in URPG, its Sp.ATK and ATK are equal, meaning it's fit to be some form of Mixed Sweeper. Say Inconsistent gave you a DEF+2 Speed-1 and you're against a Special Sweeper. Not very useful is it? Or ACC+2 SP.DEF-1.

What I was trying to say is, it's not broken because the benefits don't outweigh the risks by a huge deal. Sure, there might be some mons that can get more out of it in URPG than Shoddy, but there's, like, 7 mons that get it. 3 of which we're not even sure how it'll work in the URPG yet.

Also, in URPG, you get unlimited moves. Just always have Feint handy to render the Protect useless, and multi-hit moves ready to deal with any Subs. It's not like they're taking up vital spaces like on Shoddy.
    MORE CAPS

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

God forbid this ability become as popular as ACCUPRESSURE

Shenanigans Quacks the Automaton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Quacks the Automaton on Tumblr

Sorry for breaking the general chat, but does the region you start in Have to be a real one, I mean the pokemon all are real, just the region.

"Hello Goodbye, Twas nice to know you
    "Hello Goodbye, I'm rather crazy
    How I find myself without you
    And I never thought I was crazy
    That I'll never know
    But what do I know?
    I let myself go"
    Now you have to go"

Moose Doodles-"Come in for free eye band-aids today!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by godo157 View Post
    Sorry for breaking the general chat, but does the region you start in Have to be a real one, I mean the pokemon all are real, just the region.
    I don't get what you mean... you don't start in a region in URPG, you just start battling whenever! :) AIM's the easiest option, but if you can't get it for whatever reasons, battles on the forum are still an option.

If you meant just on your stats page having some sort of Character Bio, then go ahead and be as creative as you want :)
    MORE CAPS