Snarl's Character Art
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snarl's Character Art

Follow Snarl on Tumblr

Default Snarl's Character Art

- Example 1 - Example 2 - Example 3 -
    - Simple Colour - Basic Lines - Pixeled Lines -

Yo! I'm offering up to do free art of your characters, personas, fursonas, whatever! Just to make this clear - most requested art will be done like the Basic Lines example 2 above, so I stress that you don't ask for it to be coloured. That's only something I'll do if I like the outcome.

Let's go over a couple things;

What I DO
    -Pokemon
    -Fan Characters
    -Original Characters
    -Animals
    -Furries/Anthros
    -Various Creatures

What I DON'T DO
    -Coloured art
    -Anything that's a little too "cute"
    -Hentai etc [let's keep to the board rules, folks!]
    -Backgrounds

I'm fine with working off descriptions, but it's waaay more difficult so I might need more time than usual depending on what it is. If anything pops up that I'm not sure about, I'll prolly pop a few questions - I try to make it as close to your description as possible, but sometimes there are other things I need to know. I generally try to finish these off within a few days, but if you don't hear/see anything from me 15 days after I've accepted your request - feel free to pester me a couple times.

Onto the sheet. Try to keep it simple yet informative; something that's easy to work with but not with too much description.

Character Name -
    Character Type - [Pokemon, OC, FC, etc]
    Character Appearance/Description - [If you don't have a clear reference pic, try using text with pictures, it helps a lot lol]
    Pose/Personality -
    Other -

More often than not I'm busy, so for now I'll open one space at a time until I know I'm free for a while.

Waiting List

1 - Open

Completed

1. Starry - Sienna and Frey
    2. FullMoon - Shingeko and Greninja
    3. diamondpearl876 - Sai and Senori
    4. Life - Eaden and No name
    Last edited by Snarl; 26th December 2014 at 09:46 PM.

the king of nothing ; with a broken crown.

Default Re: Snarl's Character Art

Wow you've got some great art!
    Want to take a stab at either of these?

Character Name - Sienna
    Character Type - Human Trainer OC
    Character Appearance/Description - Ref pic, bio
    Pose/Personality - Personality is very bright, bubbly, friendly; any kind of pose is fine (maybe sitting?)

Or

Character Name - Frey
    Character Type - Pokemon - Pidgeot
    Character Appearance/Description - Image, text
    Pose/Personality - Frey is a bit of a grump, pretty pessimistic. Pose could be flying or perching, even attacking if you want.

Unrivalled Confidence xo GoldenrodGOD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yo, I think I'd like to request after you've taken the first person above, but I have to ask - what do you mean by "a little too cute"? Worried my request might fall into the category, which sucks because it's a really simple design...
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Follow Snarl on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Wow you've got some great art!
    Want to take a stab at either of these?

snip
    All done. Lemme know if you want a transparent version if you ever wanna take a stab at colouring it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenrodGOD View Post
    Yo, I think I'd like to request after you've taken the first person above, but I have to ask - what do you mean by "a little too cute"? Worried my request might fall into the category, which sucks because it's a really simple design...
    Yeaaah I should've elaborated - anything that would fall into the "kawaii" category is something I can't pull off. Stuff like chibis, children, too girly, etc.

Anyway, I'm open for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarl View Post
    All done. Lemme know if you want a transparent version if you ever wanna take a stab at colouring it.
    Oh my goodness I've never gotten such perfect art of them; thanks so much :D <3!
    And I'd definitely like to try coloring it sometime, so a transparent version would be nice but you don't have to get to it right away

You have a pretty nice art style, I've been wanting something for a while now so let's see if this works:

Character Name - Shingeko
    Character Type - Pokémon Fan Character
    Character Appearance/Description - Similar to the Accelguard but Greninja themed. Having the same shuriken markings that Greninja has on it's legs and the helmet is also similar to Greninja's head in appearance. The visor is somewhat similar and he wears a long, pink scarf. He also wears tabi boots and has a somewhat large shuriken marking on his chest. The gloves look normal though they are short.
    Pose/Personality - Fun-loving and gentle, but at the same time cool and mysterious. He could be in a cool pose while holding a dart in one hand and maybe petting his Pokémon with the other? Alternatively he could do a V-sign

If possible accompanied by:

Character Name - Greninja
    Character Type - Pokémon
    Character Appearance - Here, likely to be wearing some sort of earpiece.
    Pose/Personality - Friendly and energetic, but also quite task oriented. The pose could be with him standing next to Shingeko while holding a Water Shuriken, but also having a cheerful expression.
    Last edited by FullMoon; 16th July 2014 at 08:43 PM.

Chapter 1: The Frigid City

An old friend of Alex's shows up while he's trying to sort out with his father what to do about his newest friend and helps come out with a solution. Afterwards, Alex and him make a little tour around Icirrus City in order to show the Golurk how human society works and end up meeting with more friends, but what is the Golurk thinking through the whole experience?

Follow Snarl on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FullMoon View Post
    You have a pretty nice art style, I've been wanting something for a while now so let's see if this works:

snip
    Sounds like fun! Won't be able to work on this for a while, but I'll give your post a like when I am lmao.

No problem! I can wait, no rush.

An old friend of Alex's shows up while he's trying to sort out with his father what to do about his newest friend and helps come out with a solution. Afterwards, Alex and him make a little tour around Icirrus City in order to show the Golurk how human society works and end up meeting with more friends, but what is the Golurk thinking through the whole experience?

Your art's hella cool, I would like to request a character sometime as well.

Bulbagarden Battle League's Ground-Type Gym Leader!

FC: 1547-5965-3689 X/Y IGN: Slash
    OR/AS IGN: Skyler

Follow Snarl on Tumblr

Character Appearance/Description - Similar to the Accelguard but Greninja themed. Having the same shuriken markings that Greninja has on it's legs and the helmet is also similar to Greninja's head in appearance. The visor is somewhat similar and he wears a long, pink scarf. He also wears tabi boots and has a somewhat large shuriken marking on his chest. The gloves look normal though they are short.
    Pose/Personality - Fun-loving and gentle, but at the same time cool and mysterious. He could be in a cool pose while holding a dart in one hand and maybe petting his Pokémon with the other? Alternatively he could do a V-sign

Character Type - Pokémon
    Pose/Personality - Friendly and energetic, but also quite task oriented. The pose could be with him standing next to Shingeko while holding a Water Shuriken, but also having a cheerful expression.
    Hey there, I've got some free time into the new year so I can probably finally get around to tackling this. Were you still interested?

Character Type - Pokémon
    Hey there, I've got some free time into the new year so I can probably finally get around to tackling this. Were you still interested?
    Oh, sure! I actually had forgotten about this until now, but I'm still interested in it.

→ [you're my oxygen] diamondpearl876's Avatar

If after FullMoon you're interested on filling another request, let me know. I have an OC and pokemon character in mind.

Follow Snarl on Tumblr

Oh, sure! I actually had forgotten about this until now, but I'm still interested in it.
    Here it is. This was shamelessly rushed, but it still looks okay. Couldn't get a decent grip of the pose suggested but I used my own while keeping a couple of your ideas, hope you like it. Designing the costume was pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondpearl876 View Post
    If after FullMoon you're interested on filling another request, let me know. I have an OC and pokemon character in mind.
    Sure, fire away.

→ [you're my oxygen] diamondpearl876's Avatar

All right, thanks. Take your time and happy holidays.

Character Name - Sai
    Character Type - Original character
    Character Appearance/Description - Short, spiky black hair with dark blue eyes. Generally experiences flat affect and doesn't convey much facial expression. Skinny frame but is physically capable of holding his own. His attire is very simple when he's able to choose what he wears, but for his job he's required to wear nice black pants, a black vest, a white undershirt and a tie.
    Pose/Personality - I don't mind any pose but in the fic he tends to bend down on one knee or sit a lot to see his pokemon face-to-face. Either that or I'd picture him looking out far away somewhere while shielding his eyes from any light trying to blind him. As far as personality goes, he's very sheltered. He's very naive and doesn't know a lot of things he should know. He's prone to violent, emotional outbursts and tends to find ways to break any rules given to him. He acts distant toward others but secretly wants to be close to them.
    Other - He has a thing for dice. He also collects pokemon badges.

Character Name - Senori
    Character Type - Pokemon (Furret)
    Character Appearance/Description - Looks like any regular furret, except maybe not as cute because he's likely to have a serious expression on his face
    Pose/Personality - I kind of picture him hanging around Sai's neck or at least looking like he's trying to comfort Sai. He's the leader of the group and puts others above all, even himself. He believes in fate though he questions it often. He makes a lot of sacrifices for others but he doesn't really see it as a burden. Often rambles in thought. He's also kind of a bit old to be a battling pokemon, but he doesn't let that stop him. He thinks he's young still and that he hasn't experienced much of life yet.

If you're willing to add more pokemon into the picture (in exchange for anything like a fic or for shinies/items/whatever in the games, or anything else) let me know. Thanks in advance either way!

Here it is. This was shamelessly rushed, but it still looks okay. Couldn't get a decent grip of the pose suggested but I used my own while keeping a couple of your ideas, hope you like it. Designing the costume was pretty fun.
    Hmm... I thought of a more Power Ranger kind of suit, but I do like your own version of it. The Greninja looks a bit weird though. It's pretty nice even if it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast