Misheard Whisper's Bespoke Signatures
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Misheard Whisper's Bespoke Signatures

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

Default Misheard Whisper's Bespoke Signatures

bespoke /bəˈspoʊk/ (adj) : designed in accordance with the specific wishes of the customer; tailor-made

Welcome, one and all, to my signature shop. This is the place to go if you're looking for a new signature banner, though at present I'm not specifically doing icons/avatars. I make all my banners myself in GIMP, and this is basically a way for me to get some more practice in. If you'd like a banner made, just fill out the form below and I'll get onto it! You don't want to listen to me talk, though, so have a look at some of my recent work.

Examples

Request Form

Size: Obviously maximum is 500x160 (unless you're modly). Default if unspecified is 500x140 - leaves room for some text - and I'll go down to 200x80. Any smaller is kinda fiddly, and not really my style.
    Colour scheme: A general idea of the 'feel' of the piece, if you will. TARDIS blue? Orange and purple? (Please be sensible). 'No preference' is a 100% acceptable answer.
    Images: I work best with renders, which you can find hundreds of at sites like planetrenders, renders-graphiques or just Google/photobucket. Max two, if possible. NO images with plain white backgrounds, please!
    Text: What would you like written on the banner? If you want a particular font, drop in a link to the download on dafont.com (if it's a free one, that is).
    Other: If there's other things you want taken into consideration, like positioning of the renders or a directional gradient, say so here. Bear in mind, the more complicated you make it, the harder it is for me.
    Matching avatar: It's a matter of just a few minutes for me to jiggle the banner around into a 120x120 avatar to go with it, so just say so if you want me to.

Miscellaneous Rules

1. Credit is appreciated. I'm not gonna report you or whine about it if you don't give it, though, so it's up to you.
    2. Keep the thread on-topic and follow all other forum rules.
    3. If you want an edit made to a banner I made you, just VM me or something. I'll be happy to fiddle with it for you, and it saves the thread from getting too cluttered. If you want a different banner, post again with a new request.
    4. That said, one request per person at a time. Unless you've talked to me and I've agreed to do a set of six matching banners for you and your friends or something, of course. If you want something like that, it's probably better to PM me.
    5. When I make the banner for you, save it and upload it to your own image host. I don't usually delete banners from my photobucket, but it might happen.
    Last edited by Seizon Senryaku; 6th June 2012 at 04:29 AM.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Misheard Whisper's Bespoke Signatures

If I may have the honor of making the first request:

Size: Default.

Colour Scheme: Red and orange and in similar style as the Fire Mario example you have.

Image: Could you add this picture of the Kanto region to the right side of the banner?

Text: "Irasshaimase, Pokémon World!" with the font, NinjaLine from dafont.com: Link. It says it's free, so it should be ok.

Other: I would like the text on the left side of the banner, opposite of the linked picture of the Kanto region. If possible, could you do a similar style with the text as you did with the picture at the top of your thread? You know, making "I" larger than the rest of the letters, "rasshaimase" next to the top half, and "Pokémon World!" next to the bottom half. Also, you can make a "~ banner made by Misheard Whisper", or something similar, near one of the bottom corners if you like.

Hope I haven't made a too difficult request for you to start with.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

@Dragoneye The image was a little difficult to work with, and it was too small to see if I put all of it on the banner, so I had to improvise a bit. How does this look to you?

NB: I had a little credit note at the bottom, but it looked weird so I took it out. Eh, no big. Also, I don't know what the kanji mean, but I recall they're all relatively harmless stuff like 'love', 'house', 'tree', 'wind' and the like.
    Last edited by Seizon Senryaku; 18th April 2012 at 07:59 PM.

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    @Dragoneye The image was a little difficult to work with, and it was too small to see if I put all of it on the banner, so I had to improvise a bit. How does this look to you?

NB: I had a little credit note at the bottom, but it looked weird so I took it out. Eh, no big. Also, I don't know what the kanji mean, but I recall they're all relatively harmless stuff like 'love', 'house', 'tree', 'wind' and the like.
    That is perfect! The kanji fits quite well to the title and my fanfic, since it have some japanese stuff here and there. Thank you for making the banner :)
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Showtime! Meta_Knight's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Nice shop. I'm interested in placing a request, but I do have a small question first. Are you able to work with non-rendered images? Or does it depend on the image in question?

Blog Entries

It really does depend on the image. I'd have to take it on a case-by-case basis, though I probably should practice with non-rendered pictures some more. :P If the character you want is relatively well-known, though, it's also likely I can find a render of them somewhere myself. (For example, I think I have an Ayumi render or two on my computer somewhere already :P)

Blog Entries

Either way... it's nice to be able to request banners again. >w< Something I haven't been able to do for a few months now. It's tempting to go with Ayumi, but... I have something else on my agenda first. xD I might come back at a later time to get a sig for her though. For now though...

Size: 500 x 140
    Colour scheme: Go for an abstract feel. Using purples, violets, and the like. Somewhat dark too.
    Images: Safebooru - Anime picture search engine! - dress eyeball eyes game cg komeiji satori lavender hair riv short hair skirt solo touhou transparent background violet eyes | 470930
    Text: (In the following format; "Komeiji Satori" being below the Japanese text, preferably larger than said text.)
    怨霊も恐れ怯む少女
    Komeiji Satori

Other: Use abstract designs, if I didn't say that already. :P
    Matching avatar: This won't be necessary. ^^;

Hope it's nothing too complicated or anything.

Blog Entries

Keeping it as dark as I could was difficult, but I had fun making it. Beautiful render, I love Touhou character designs. <3 If anything needs tweaking, don't hesitate to drop me a line as I'm more than happy to fix things though I am going to bed soon, so it might take a while.

Blog Entries

W-wha... you work fast. O_O I was expecting to wait a few days or something. xD Thanks. It looks amazing. ^^ I'll be using it next time I change themes.

In love w/ Altair & Ezio Jeneshisu Rapusōdosu's Avatar

I just wanted to drop by and say that your work is amazing! Congrats on the shop and I might drop by another time for a banner! ^^

Credit to Caprizant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    W-wha... you work fast. O_O I was expecting to wait a few days or something. xD Thanks. It looks amazing. ^^ I'll be using it next time I change themes.
    Well, I just happen to be on holiday this week. And I just happen to be on a banner-making trip today. And I just happened to be awake and chilling when the request came through, so . . . ^_^ Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraudo Sutoraifu View Post
    I just wanted to drop by and say that your work is amazing! Congrats on the shop and I might drop by another time for a banner! ^^
    Thanks, Kuraudo! Looking forward to seeing you then!

Blog Entries

Alright, I'll give this ago.

Size: 500x160.

Gengar Sprite: http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/TheFearsomeRyan/GengarLarge.png?t=1334936121

I've already enlarged it for you, but if you do resize it, make sure you keep it looking pixely (If you don't know how to do that, scale the picture, go to interpolation and select "none".

Text: "The Shiny Gengar" and "Not your average milkshake"

Other: I like that light thing you did in your banner, from one fellow GIMP user to another, pray tell how did you do that?

Blog Entries

@The Shiny Gengar

Ooh, that interpolation trick could come in handy. I didn't know that. Hmm, as for the light effects in my signature. It's a bit of a combination effect over several layers, including a fuzzy white brush set of Soft Light mode, a bunch of C4Ds set to Addition, an aptly chosen background stock and a duplicated render at a 5px Gaussian blur set to Overlay above the main render. I couldn't really tell you exactly how it went. ^_^;;;

As for the banner, I hope it's okay. I tried to keep a bit of a pixellated feel to it while still maintaining the flow and energy. If you want anything tweaked, just drop me a line and I'll be happy to fix it for you. :)

Last edited by Seizon Senryaku; 20th April 2012 at 12:29 PM.

Blog Entries

That's awesome >:D

I'll have to try that out soon.

In love w/ Altair & Ezio Jeneshisu Rapusōdosu's Avatar

I know what I want now! ^^ Lesse here...

Size: your default size please :)

Color scheme: black and red, abstract-y like your banner, but not as bright

Image: /Sephiroth/#978013 - Zerochan or this one /Sephiroth/#819226 - Zerochan I can't decide so which ever you decide would look the most awesome :D

Text: Noli manere, manere in memoria/font http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=403&fpp=50 Mael

Other: Just have the image centered and the text on the bottom, either black or red. Which ever matches better

I hope that wasn't too complicated D:

Credit to Caprizant

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast