The Situation Room 2.0 - Page 240
Page 240 of 269 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4034

Thread: The Situation Room 2.0

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Situation Room 2.0

Bulbagarden is where your childhood goes to die and rot. You are guaranteed to be tainted here. XD

On the fli---

HOLY SHIT SHINY SNEASEL.

This community is very friendly and welcoming.
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
    @Master Mew; It's been so dead that is hasn't really changed. Someone claims commuter, or vanilla (in games with few or one) then the usual: Fake claim must be scum die! Also defend someone day one against seriously flawed reasoning: Scumbuddies! Lynch the one defending the other!

Miller claims are able to get away more often if they're legit though.
    Sounds like someone needs to shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

Site meta as in how games usually go... right? I'll use a format you once used a bit over a year ago:

Day 1: Joke voting is almost dead. In the beginning of this phase two sides argue about whether to no lynch or lynch. I along with other players enforce activity through voting while others don't and just say they'll wait till something happens. Through this phase's discussion people gather reads.
    Night 1: The Mafia discusses whether to kill me, Scholar, or some other player. Despite being so early alliances start being made.
    Day 2: If a No Lynch happened during Day 1, the players who enforced said no lynch or didn't try to prevent it complain and point out about how there are no leads because nothing was settled before, and how the Nightkill provided the Town with almost nothing to go with.
    Night 2: The Town alliance starts becoming more powerful and smarter on who the Mafia are. The Mafia opts to kill the smartest player who is the most likely to be a threat. (i claimed voteless to a mafia member and they still killed me)
    Day 3: A lead or a good case is set up around this point which probably leads to Mafia being lynched.
    Day 4: If Day 3 had a lynch on Mafia, with the power of the Town alliance another lynch on Mafia is made.
    Night 4: A Mafia member is killed in the night luckily.
    Day 5: Due to the lack of information on who the next Mafia could be, a mislynch is made.
    Day 6: Through a lot of luck another Mafia member is lynched.
    Day 7: The game is already over thanks to how the Town worked together and believed that their friendship was magic.
    Not always of course, but it's the gist of it in medium sized games with the Town working together. (yeah yeah it's not perfect)
    That's unfortunate. Sad to hear the Day 1 no lynch bloc is strong enough to define the whole phase now - I recall that sentiment was on the rise around the time I departed.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Day one is much more active these days with people talking more, so in those cases the NL days ones aren't bad. There are those who try to straight jump into NL without discussion.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Yeah, it's pretty lame when that happens, so it's best pull up a case as early as possible to get people to talk. I got a big headache enforcing it the third time in Bug Mafia. It doesn't always happen throughout the whole phase, but it's the main thing in the first quarter of the phase. Funnily enough in the last few games I've been playing my first vote is put on Mafia most of the time. In the last one, Bug Mafia, it was on the Independent Serial Killer heheh.

I've actually been thinking of hosting a game that should fix the problem of players losing interest throughout the game. Basically, every player has one arcana they get, and the arcana have the powers to give a power to others for a certain period of time if certain conditions are met, or given to them through the RNG during the phase. The player that has the arcana can not control it, but if they die, that arcana's power stops affecting others. An example is this, say, someone has an arcana that has the power to randomly chose a player in the Night, making that player appear as Mafia in cop checks for that Night only. If the player with the arcana dies, nobody will be picked randomly to appear as miller. There are arcana that will tell the player they chose if they have been affected, arcana that will tell the owner who has been affected, and arcana that won't tell who has been affected. There could even be arcana that tells what arcana activated and who it affects or affected publicly. With the twists and surprises the arcana can bring it should hold interest, and with them not being able to be controlled and no power roles, the player still has to rely on mostly logic.

I haven't thought it out that much, but I have a good idea on what powers to give to the arcana that should make for really good twists. The theme will be based on the Persona game series since arcana is one of its main things, and arcana claiming and nameclaiming will be allowed. Role PM sharing is naturally not allowed of course.

I'm thinking of hosting the game in late February or early March, with maybe having 16 players, although I would allow for more spaces and more arcana if there is more interest.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

This sounds a complex but interesting approach. I would like to see it play out.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Bluestoise View Post
    This sounds a complex but interesting approach. I would like to see it play out.
    Oooooohhhh just thinking of what the ideas I have for the arcana makes me unable to wait to see how they play out!

Blog Entries

I won't play Mafia for a long time. I'll visit this thread, though.

I will say that I love your game idea, Ruben.
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

gone...
    Blog Entries

May I ask what Ruben is?
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...

Blog Entries

That's HumanDawn's real name.
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

gone...
    Blog Entries

Oh, I've heard that lots of War Room regulars know each other's real names.
    I am Dino.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

Blog Entries

Wow I feel bad, I thought Human was a girl.

And my name is Evie, but I still prefer being called PG.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Blog Entries

My first name is Emily, but call me Zima or I'll nibble your head off. :3
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

Blog Entries

Wow, your names are cool, Evie and Dino...

My name literally means "Son". If you combine it with my surname's literal name I would be "Son Knight". Also yeah I'd prefer if you called me Human instead but I don't mind.

I will say that I love your game idea, Ruben.
    Thanks! I've already planned out 9 roles out of 16. If there's enough interest I wouldn't mind thinking up of more. Reserving a spot would be nice to show me how much interest there is ;).
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 30th January 2014 at 06:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool name Human.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Blog Entries

(On the names discussion, I'm Matthew, some of you will remember that, but to the rest: Nice to meet you!)

This game sounds like it might be overly complex, not to be a spoil sport. It guarantees that there are always as many random mechanics operating in the game as there are players - at what point do we say have so many random factors that game becomes more about luck than skill? Because, I've found, the point when players stop feeling like their own abilities will impact the gamestate is the point where they lose interest.

So you might accomplish the opposite of your intentions, tread carefully around random game mechanics (and I shouldn't have to remind you not to be THAT host who rigs them). I wouldn't deign to tell you what to do, and it might work out very well, just something to chew on.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821