Hey @Zima; how are you? ^^
    Yay! Welcome back! ^_^

I'm doing well. How are you?
    Thanks! And I am doing fine. :)

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Situation Room 2.0

Hey, guys! So, erm... I finally did this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Hey guys, TWR staff wanted to introduce ourselves since new regulars have been around. Check it out in the first post in this thread. :)
    Glad to have finally introduced myself to you guys.
    Yato, Zima and jokool like this.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Should the regulars introduce themselves, too? I mean, it can be a staff-only thing, but the regular players (or players in general) are what make the games happen. If a new player comes in, it might be a little overwhelming to come into a new group without knowing any of the people or anything about them. We could even include a description on your playstyle. :)

Just a thought. We don't have to do this. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    Should the regulars introduce themselves, too? I mean, it can be a staff-only thing, but the regular players (or players in general) are what make the games happen. If a new player comes in, it might be a little overwhelming to come into a new group without knowing any of the people or anything about them. We could even include a description on your playstyle. :)

Just a thought. We don't have to do this. XD
    no bad idea

players come and go like the wind, no matter how 'regular' you are, and you're essentially pigeonholing people if you want to 'describe their playstyle' -- pigeonholing them in another player's perspective, i mean: people will rely on that initial basis, even if the described player doesn't play that way, and WILL undoubtedly use that description against a certain player if they play differently. besides that, being introduced to somebody is far more formal than getting to know them for themselves -- nobody has had any particular problem joining TWR before, so i don't see why it should be an issue now.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Buoy has a point. Plus figuring out another player's style is part of the game, and can easily change depending on different circumstances. When we each came in here we had to learn about the others on our own. Knowing mods is important because they are in charge of keeping things in order.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Additionally, determining who would be considered a "regular" could be problematic as well. And if somebody wishes to know about certain players they are playing with, they can always go to their profile page and look at their "About Me" rather than have a bunch of people write up TWR-specific intros.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Also, my take on this. I was a regular myself for a long while and pop in from time to time. There are a lot of regulars. If you want to know more about a regular, maybe talk with them over VM or PM, but I dont think bios aren't really needed. If you want to know more about a person why not just ask them.

Blog Entries

In tribute to the Evil Overlord List, I hereby present to you: The Diabolical Godfather List.

Contributions that are not my own are notated as such, with the original author credited.

(Let me know if you have something to add)

1. When the Town Leader accuses me of not generating meaningful content, I will not engage with him in a debate over how much content I have generated. I will briefly acknowledge him, and generate new content.

2. When a player has undeniable proof that one of my partners is scum, I will not deny the point. I will aggressively ally with that player and accuse other players of denying the point.
    - @Phoenicks

3. When I decide to convert the Town Leader, I will do so first before contacting him and gleefully relaying to him the names of all my cohorts.

4. If another player airs suspicions on me, I will not act surprised or outraged, nor will I accuse my accuser. I will either draw him into a toxic conversation that will be ignored, or ignore him.
    - @Phoenicks

5. When the Town Leader asks me for my final defense, I will provide one. Conversely, I will not call him a "Bond Villain." <.<;

6. When the Village Idiot accuses me, I will entertain their suspicions at length. It is only courteous.

7. If a lynch on me is certain and unpreventable, I will not allow the town to have a bonding moment over my lynch. If possible, I will hammer myself to prevent someone else from stealing the credit.
    - @Phoenicks

8. If the Cop claims in LYLO with a guilty check on me, I will not claim Miller. This is Bulbagarden, there is always a Miller. I will subtly question his sanity, or I will counterclaim.

9. If I see hints of a wagon starting soon on my hapless partner, I will not shamelessly defend him, nor will I aggressively attack his accusers. Instead I will be the first to vote for him, and will do so with a ludicrously overcomplicated, obviously flawed "case." This is a win/win. Either no one will follow my flawed case on my partner, or better yet they will and I can seize the towncredit for myself!

10. In the event of a Massclaim, I will not claim an obscure character from the franchise with an unusual role followed by a strained explanation of why the role fits. Instead, I will work tirelessly to come up with a role that does fit the character I'm claiming, then throw my hands up in the air and say, "I have no idea what that has to do with my character, I don't know anything about [franchise]!"

11. If the Town Leader becomes clear beyond the shadow of a doubt, and is somehow protected from my many attempts to nightkill him, I will start throwing the phrase "Unless there's a converter, that changes everything" into all of my analyses from that point on. It's a common enough role that its mere mentioning can cause the most trusted Townie to become the least trusted. Paranoia can overcome many a strong case.

12. If I find myself the focus of a well-reasoned case or bandwagon, I will not be needlessly dramatic. Townies love dramatic lynches, this will not sway them. Instead, I will calmly explain why their case is flawed with a tone of boredom. The Town will quickly move on to a more exciting suspect.

13. I will bus my partners only when it is absolutely necessary. Additionally, when it is deemed absolutely necessary I will not drag my feet about it, I will bus them hard and fast and if the wagon starts to shift away from them I will scream and yell at the town demanding them to return. This way, whether he is lynched now or later, I get the credit regardless.

14. If I decide to kill the Town Leader, I will wait until he has made his dead-post before I start making up lies about our correspondence.

15. I will never, under any circumstances, claim Scum. It never helps.
    It is still a work in progress.

#3 and #5 may or may not be dedicated to @HumanDawn and @Sunburn respectively.
    Midorikawa likes this.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

3. When I decide to convert the Town Leader, I will do so first before contacting him and gleefully relaying to him the names of all my cohorts.
    This definitely doesn't count for me. They weren't the Town Leader :P.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

12. If I find myself the focus of a well-reasoned case or bandwagon, I will not be needlessly dramatic. Townies love dramatic lynches, this will not sway them. Instead, I will calmly explain why their case is flawed with a tone of boredom. The Town will quickly move on to a more exciting suspect.
    I disagree with this one, you need to convince people you're not the target. It's kinda like listening to a presentation. Being passionate in your defense helps better than staying calm and boring during the whole ordeal from my experience. Especially if you raise good points. You're right about not being too dramatic though.

Also one mistake I saw made a lot back in the day is don't claim vanilla if you're godfather in a game where everyone has powers, you'll stand out. Same for claiming a role the mafia common has (roleblocker, role cop), even if you actually have it. And make sure people can't ask you to prove your fakeclaim if you can't prove it (i.e. reporter).

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Does anyone else want to join or sub in Indo-European Language Mafia. I need a few more spots filled to make the game viable.

Blog Entries

Seriously, guys. Join. I want to play a game.

Blog Entries

Is my life just boring or am I just too noisy for wanting popcorn qt with some mafia's.

Just to discuss the game with the others who have died or even just spectators maybe even with all the night actions mentioned there :3.

Well whatever.
    Gone

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I've always been in a mafia since I started them so since the Phoenix Wright one just ended, it feels weird not to be playing any.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    I've always been in a mafia since I started them so since the Phoenix Wright one just ended, it feels weird not to be playing any.
    I haven't been in one since Homestuck, so I'm really trying to get back into the War Room now. I just need something to do. ;p