Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @HumanDawn; That's called a mention
    Yeah. That's the link.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Situation Room 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Hello everybody! An idea hit me that could be really beneficial to The War Room. It's to make a list of every time zone of every The War Room regular. I think that it would help players know of when other players would be awake to respond to them about something related to the game they're playing. It can also help players know the exact time the host will update their own game. It's true that the time zone feature that was on our User Bar could be used for it, but due to a technical issue, it doesn't work. If the idea is liked, a thread will created and sticked for you to all post your time zones in. This is voluntary. You don't need to post your time zone. If you do, it will be much appreciated.
    Who's a regular?
    Does it matter?

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Does it matter?
    Well enormous lists are quite cluttery and annoy me personally, but a lot of people have let it known they don't seem to have a problem with it. And Mido's proposed way also should reduce the clutter a bit. It still does seem kind of annoying to keep having to update people's names, but that's the mods' problem I guess.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@HumanDawn;
    Mintaka and I are in GMT +9. Are you going to make a list with every numbers of Time Zones?

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Does it matter?
    Well enormous lists are quite cluttery and annoy me personally, but a lot of people have let it known they don't seem to have a problem with it. And Mido's proposed way also should reduce the clutter a bit. It still does seem kind of annoying to keep having to update people's names, but that's the mods' problem I guess.
    I can't fathom how it would annoy you. It wouldn't be hard to find the time zone of the player by just typing their name with CTRL + F, and the list could be spoilered with every section. It won't really happen that frequently. We don't get that many new players to begin with, and they wouldn't necessarily put their time zone in the list. Name changes rarely happen as well. Yeah, it shouldn't really be stressful though. I can make the thread and do all the needed editing myself if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @HumanDawn;
    Mintaka and I are in GMT +9. Are you going to make a list with every numbers of Time Zones?
    I'd make the number if somebody has it. For example, if nobody has GMT+8, then a list for it wouldn't be made.

Blog Entries

I can't fathom how it would annoy you. It wouldn't be hard to find the time zone of the player by just typing their name with CTRL + F, and the list could be spoilered with every section. It won't really happen that frequently. We don't get that many new players to begin with, and they wouldn't necessarily put their time zone in the list. Name changes rarely happen as well. Yeah, it shouldn't really be stressful though. I can make the thread and do all the needed editing myself if they want.
    I wouldn't spoiler the sections individually, as then you have to potentially open 24 spoilers before your ctrl F search finally yields a result. Also what could help is adding user's member ID next to their name, which allows you to use the list even after someone changes their name multiple times but doesn't report so to the list (as long as you know the user's current name you can visit their profile and check the url for it).
    Mintaka and HumanDawn like this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

The list thread sounds like a good idea to me. After all, if you don't want to have your name listed, then it's alright, it won't be mandatory.

I wouldn't spoiler the sections individually, as then you have to potentially open 24 spoilers before your ctrl F search finally yields a result. Also what could help is adding user's member ID next to their name, which allows you to use the list even after someone changes their name multiple times but doesn't report so to the list (as long as you know the user's current name you can visit their profile and check the url for it).
    Not spoilering sounds like a good idea to me, for reasons Mizzle stated. Search function doesn't detect text inside unopened Spoilers.

And about keeping that list up-to-date, mods will be happy to help you to keep it updated, if you don't mind us editing the thread to add new info.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I like the idea, and I would be happy to help with it.

Blog Entries

Mentioning users in the list would probably be better than posting user id numbers, because the mention provides a link to the user's profile.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Mentioning users in the list would probably be better than posting user id numbers, because the mention provides a link to the user's profile.
    Yeah but say you put your name on the list, change your name back to feralize and forget to mention that. Then if someone wants to look you up and ctrl+f feralize they won't find you. Now in your case it's easy to just check username history because you don't change your name much, but for some more frequent name changers it could pose problems due to the amount of past usernames you'd have to check.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Yeah but say you put your name on the list, change your name back to feralize and forget to mention that. Then if someone wants to look you up and ctrl+f feralize they won't find you. Now in your case it's easy to just check username history because you don't change your name much, but for some more frequent name changers it could pose problems due to the amount of past usernames you'd have to check.
    Can't they just have both in the list?

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED

Following your suggestions, we have modified the Situation Room's first post and created a list with our timezones, Skype usernames, and if applicable, our Daylight Saving Time. Those who wish to be added to the list can post their coordinates in this thread, which will be added to the first post by a moderator.

On a semi-related note, we have also cleaned up our stickied threads; the two rules threads have been merged in War Room Rules, and the playing and hosting guides have been merged in Playing & Hosting Guides.
    Last edited by Zenax; 3rd February 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

My timezone is EST Don't know what the daylight savings is for NY and my skype username is mwtoZP

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

My timezone is GMT -6 CST. My skype name is secretivetrainer. : P
    Last edited by Setra; 4th February 2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Perserving my self-esteem i.e. editing a mistake : P

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

If you don't know what your DST is, you can try looking it up here.
    Midorikawa likes this.