Page 103 of 256 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3829
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: The Situation Room 2.0

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Situation Room 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
    It doesn't snow here where I live. X3 Sucks because we have the cold weather - we just don't have snow.
    Not even in the northern parts?

追放されたバカ

Well, yeah there's snow there. Just not the city where I live. V.V

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
    Well, yeah there's snow there. Just not the city where I live. V.V
    That's how it was when I lived in Arizona. No snow where I lived, but there was in northern parts

Blog Entries

@Human; Yes, Finland is close enough to Antarctica.
    @Midorikawa; Eh, just go to a nice hot sauna, run outside and roll in the snow till it melts. Then go back to warm yourself up. Repeat till no more snow.

Blog Entries

And then I'll get sick

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I just found the "Wiki Toad cussing" guy.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

I've always hated snow, personally. Sure, it makes for pretty pictures, but having to endure the cold and shovel all the white crap every day or two day during the winter gets tiresome very quickly.

Yes, I'm a lame Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    How do you get anywhere in Pokémon, then?
    By grinding until your fingers bleed. All the Pokémon I've trained to level 100 might be the reason why I barely play nowadays. :L

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    It's funny because out of their games, this is most likely the one with least grinding. You can more or less access everything by level 24, and I personally tested the fact that by grinding, you can reach 30s on the first day if you know what you are doing. :P In fact, I needed another character at the level cap (80 nowadays. Though, my first character is 81 so I can't say I have a level 80 Paladin), and I spent 15 days doing that. 10 of those days were spent on 70-80.
    How amusing, I was about level 30 when I quit and it took me weeks.

Though thinking back on it, grinding was probably not the reason I quit since I was hooked on RuneScape back then, which can be described as grinding, grinding and more grinding.

Blog Entries

So... I got bored and crunched some numbers to see how balanced the current Hosting Queue system is. My results:

Based on the current Large Game hosting queue, a new game is submitted, on average, every 4.47 days.

I then calculated and averaged the period of time each of the most recent Large Games in the archives ran, starting from the day Sign-Ups were posted until the day the Host posted the endgame update:
    Methodology note: Games with fewer than 14 roles (i.e. Small Games), as well as games that failed to launch, were excluded.

The average Large Game runs 24.5 days from when the sign-up is posted until endgame (though it should be noted that games are not immediately moved to the archives, so they actually occupy active game slots slightly longer than this).

Since five large games are run simultaneously, if perfectly spaced, games could launch approximately every 4.9 days. This puts us .4 days behind for every game launched. Every 11.175 games launched backs the hosting queue up one additional game.

The current Large Game queue contains 15 games. Given the above model, the queue will, on average, become one game longer every 54.75 days. In almost exactly two years and three months, the hosting qeue will be at 30 games.

In other words, given the admittedly limited pool of data, it would appear that the current hosting qeue system is almost at equillibrium. On the downside, the average waiting period on the Hosting Queue is currently sitting at 68 days and will grow as the Hosting Queue grows.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Wow, the wait time is that long?

Numbers often go over my head completely, but that all was pretty interesting to see presented mathematically. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Wow, the wait time is that long?
    Yeah, pretty depressing when I consider the fact that my U.S. Elections Mafia will likely be launching a day or two before Christmas - when nobody will care about the elections anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

... better prepare Bionicle mafia for it's return then. I don't want it starting when I return to college.

Edit: Done, it's a little more balanced now.

Wish me luck and a lot of players for this try.
    Last edited by Neon Borealis; 30th October 2012 at 01:41 AM.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    How amusing, I was about level 30 when I quit and it took me weeks.

Though thinking back on it, grinding was probably not the reason I quit since I was hooked on RuneScape back then, which can be described as grinding, grinding and more grinding.
    It's funny though. Some people get bored after they reach the cap and create a new character they slowly build up. For me, I never planned to make another character. It's just not really my style. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. (Yes, that's the best way I can describe a planet worth of burning aliens) The very final boss of Book 2 had a *slightly* more difficult version of it. Today, it's been 2 months since it came out. It still stands as the only thing in the game I haven't taken down. Nor has anyone else.

At some point I started thinking what do I need to win. I realized my character has a horrible Egg Skill (Because years ago, we were just told that choosing the dragon egg will have an impact, and the decision will be permanent. Too bad the Egg Skills were released years later, so I had chosen poorly). So at this point, to even slightly increase my chances of doing this, I decided I'll quickly make another character with the best Egg Skill for this fight, and stop farming at 70. The Egg Skill turned out to be even better than what I expected, so I made my earliest attempts at the early 50's. For some reason, the monster had became stronger. Way, way worse than ever before.

I also realized the daily farming limit had changed in multitude of ways, and it ended up making me reach level 80 in 15 days. It's funny, because when the cap originally raised from 70 to 80, it took me almost an entire month.

I hate farming. I really do. Unless I have an actual reason for it, it's just not happening. I raced to 80, I was the first there, and I'm one of the three that legitimately went past 80.

P.S. The Egg Skill was apparently weakened because I'm not allowed to have nice things.

Sorry about the slightly tl;dr about stuff most don't have any idea about. D:

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Ugh, numbers. why am I a science major

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    The average Large Game runs 24.5 days from when the sign-up is posted until endgame (though it should be noted that games are not immediately moved to the archives, so they actually occupy active game slots slightly longer than this).
    Just would like to clear up on this. Even if they aren't moved to the Archives, when a game ends, they do not take up an active game slot. Hence when a mafia game ends, the next game in the Waiting List is given the permission to be posted.
    A finished game isn't immediately closed and move to the Archives; players can comment on the game, host can post comments (such as ratings). After about five days (or longer if requested, if there are ratings expected), it's moved to the Archives.

In other words, given the admittedly limited pool of data, it would appear that the current hosting qeue system is almost at equillibrium. On the downside, the average waiting period on the Hosting Queue is currently sitting at 68 days and will grow as the Hosting Queue grows.
    Yes, we had a brief period when we were slow on games joining the Waiting List, and then a period when lots of games joined the list. It varies depending on the situation. The current situation with the queue is likely due to the latter. ^^;

That was a really interesting evaluation and I'd like to thank you for it XD

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Eh, I figured I'd have to wait a while for my MLP mafia to launch. It looks like it'll launch sometime between Thanksgiving and December 1st, since it's getting close to the top of the list. I'm more concerned about the number of games that'll be going on or starting around the same time. People usually don't play in more than three games at a time, max, and I really want my first game to go well...
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

I will join your game no matter what.

/joins as many games as possible anyway