Real-Time Mafia - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Real-Time Mafia

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Real-Time Mafia

I'll still do one tomorrow at 2 for everyone interested. :)
    Catspring likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

How did the first real-time mafia go, for those who participated in these games for the first time? Hope it went well and you had fun! :)

Not asking to participate - I'll try later when I'm more free ;w; - sorry! Just would like to post some simple notes regarding real-time mafias, so that those who host for the first time will be less confused:

1. Generally these games start with Night 1, where actions are allowed. Town roles can use their powers, mafia can kill a target.
    2. Phases are shorter. For Nights, about 2-3 minutes at max. Days are longer, and can end based on either time limit or when a majority is reached in votes. Hosts can lock votes as soon as all players have placed a vote to prevent phases from becoming too long.
    3. Roles need to be simple. Most, if not all, mafia players would be vanilla mafiosi, though sometimes a godfather can be added depending on the town side's roles. Most of the townies are vanilla, although cop, doctor, and miller can be added if the game has enough players.
    4. The host needs to have all participants added to their Contact List, so that each player can be contacted individually (such as informing them of their roles). Also, host would need to add players into a separate chat group if they are mafia players.
    5. During Night phases, it is recommended to have players turn off their microphones, and that they are NOT allowed to type in the public chat. This is because mafia players would be discussing their moves in their group, and town players typing in the public can give mafia players away too easily.

Feel free to add this to the first post if you want, @Phoenicks; . (You can directly get that list format by quoting my post and it'll show the codes.) I'd add some common formats along with it, like "for eight players, two mafias, six townies with a cop and a doc". Sorry that this post is late. ><

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Currently ongoing for anyone interested.

Blog Entries

Skype Mafia was a moderate success last weekend. I personally am too busy to run a game this weekend, and anyone is welcome to step up and suggest a date. There's an official skype chat for this purpose; if you want in just ask one of our section's glorious moderators, or Zenax.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Skype Mafia was a moderate success last weekend. I personally am too busy to run a game this weekend, and anyone is welcome to step up and suggest a date. There's an official skype chat for this purpose; if you want in just ask one of our section's glorious moderators, or Zenax.
    *Or Buoy
    Zenax is one of the mods :P

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

That was the joke. Yes, Buoy and I also have the power to add any interested to the skype mafia chat if interested.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    That was the joke. Yes, Buoy and I also have the power to add any interested to the skype mafia chat if interested.
    I'm pretty sure anyone in that chat has that power, as I recall adding someone to it myself.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Ah ok now that I look at it again I see that :P

And yeah everyone has the ability to add people but only y'all can kick people, at least that is what I understand.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Skype Mafia being put together right now, if you wanna play simply say so or if you need to be added to the group simply asked and you'll be added.

Blog Entries

We have a game of Skype mafia right now that looking for players!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

We've been doing a lot of Skype mafia lately and it has been quite successful. Particularly last Friday's games had many participants.

Let me know if you want to try to get a repeat of that this Friday. Usually we find players via the war room chat, but I thought we could try going formal. I'll be available to start at 6:00 PM EDT, but you can feel free to get started before then if you are so inclined.

Anyway, report in here if you want to play. Nine people (8 players 1 host) or more would be desirable.
    @Zima; @Feralize; @Paperhorse; @midorikawa; @Sunburn; @Mijzelffan; @Froakie; @pkmngreen; @GatoRage; @Yatagarasu; @Neosquid; @mariowie; @Shiny Celebi;

Of course anyone who wants to play is welcome to.
    Last edited by TheMissingno.; 2nd April 2013 at 03:09 PM.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

10 o'clock -_- there goes my decent amount of sleep again throw it out of the window :d. Well it was fun but I will quit earlier because I am my dad's place he can be making a hassle
    I guess.
    Gone

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

The pedantic in me wants to point out that (as far as I know, and as far as sense would seem to point for me), MYLO stands for "mislynch and lose", not "mislynch or lose". The realist in me says "Who honestly cares?".

Now, as to not be completely off-topic, I'll try and make Friday. I'll probably forget though, but if anyone sees me on here but not Skype, just PM me to get my attention :P
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    We've been doing a lot of Skype mafia lately and it has been quite successful. Particularly last Friday's games had many participants.

Let me know if you want to try to get a repeat of that this Friday. Usually we find players via the war room chat, but I thought we could try going formal. I'll be available to start at 6:00 PM EDT, but you can feel free to get started before then if you are so inclined.

Anyway, report in here if you want to play. Nine people (8 players 1 host) or more would be desirable.
    @Zima; @Feralize; @Paperhorse; @midorikawa; @Sunburn; @Mijzelffan; @Froakie; @pkmngreen; @GatoRage; @Yatagarasu; @Neosquid; @mariowie; @Shiny Celebi;

Of course anyone who wants to play is welcome to.
    I will try, but I don't know if I'll be able to.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure either, but feel free to ask around that time (or preferably a little before) and I'll let you know whether I can play or not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast