The Quote Book

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: The Quote Book

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Default The Quote Book

In this thread, you may post quotes from previous games that you found amusing or feel like should be remembered for a reason or another. This also applies to PMs, QuickTopics or Skype chat logs you might have exchanged with another player during the course of a game. A personal favorite of mine as example, Paperhorse from Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Awww cpigg and I tried so hard to win but we had a disadvantage from the beginning. I made the mistake thinking tarakudo was neonsands. I knew the conversion time of zenax was off but I thought I was being irrationally paranoid. Plus I didn't erect fast enough. Anyway I had a lot of fun, thanks for letting me play JJM!

EDIT: I MEANT REACT OKAY. AUTO CORRECT FAIL.
    - As with every other threads, do not post anything in here that happened in a currently ongoing game. If you see something and feel like it should be posted in the quote book, wait until the game ends before posting it.

- Be sure to leave a link to the post or the QuickTopic in question when posting a quote. On that note, make sure that your post contains more than just a link, as this will be considered spam.

- Regarding Skype chat logs, make sure that the conversation is okay per the rules of the forums before posting it.
    Last edited by Zenax; 9th September 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Default Re: The Quote Book

This conversation happened between @Zenax; @Hitomi; @Luminosity; and myself on skype during Posting Restriction Mafia.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

That was a fun convo. :3c

From Jackie Chan Adventures 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Now, hold up just a second!

Guys, I really don't believe lynching JJM is the way to go! You see, I believe thoroughly that he is innocent at the moment, to be honest with you all. I mean, he hasn't even voted yet, and it's day one! Surely, even jokingly, JJM would vote if he didn't want to be immediately viewed as inactive, you know. If, as PichuBoy has accused him, he does know all of the mafia members, then we would be extremely unwise to try and lynch him. You see, knowing the mafia members does not immediately make him a mafia member himself. He may only have been given an extremely powerful role that allows him to oversee everything and run the game -- lynching him would be a potential nightmare for the town, depending on what alignment he flips. If he's town, which I believe that he may be, his information may come in use. He has already said that he will not tell us anything, which perhaps denotes that he is anxious not to bring attention to himself on Day 1, which is clever play. After all, if his role is as powerful as PichuBoy has intuitively suspected it to be, why would he?

I think that, perhaps, the most scummy player at the moment is PichuBoy. Yes, you know, my supposed 'other half'. You may be thinking, "Why, Buoysel! What an utterly preposterous thing to suggest! PichuBoy has barely posted today! How can you even take anything from the few words he has spoken?" The answer, my friends, is a very simple one, but yet so game-affectingly profound. You see, PichuBoy has indeed made a very suspicious move in attempting to get JJM lynched, in all honesty. Putting pressure under him so early in the game, as well as accusing him of knowing the mafia members, may be his very crafty, indirect way of trying to sniff out a power role on Day 1, which, as we all know, is extremely scummy play.

At this stage, you are perhaps flipping your desks as you read this. "Buoysel, all of these are unfounded accusations!" I hear you all cry. "You have no proof for any of this."

Ah, people. That is where you are wrong. BAHA. You see, being shipped with this other fellow for so long and talking to him has given me deep insight into the inner workings of his mind. However he decides to play, I know what he is planning. Even before he does. PichuBoy's simple wording leaves anyone thinking that he is simply innocently curious, but I am posting today to convince you otherwise. IT IS ALL LIES, A CHEAP FAÇADE THAT HE LIES BEHIND. He has already tricked other players into following his lead. Who knows how many more will fall suspect to his spell over the next few days if we do not cut him down early? Who can possibly imagine how bad things will be before people say, "You know what? I think PichuBoy is guilty after all. I was so darn convinced he wasn't!"

Additionally, I am convinced that Master Mew is one of his underlings. PichuBoy, once he saw my vote, simply knew that he was under watch, and of course he sent his minion, Master Mew, to keep my voice at bay. By contradicting my vote, Master Mew thought he had successfully thwarted my plans for PichuBoy, and I have struggled day and night to find a solution to counteract this (well, a while, anyway). You see, by his vote/unvote trick, he made his role 'obvious' in the eyes of PichuBoy, but he is seemingly the only one who has picked this up and quoted this so-called trick. However, this is a trick in itself. By suggesting that Master Mew's vote/unvote was not simply a ruse (which, in fact, it was), he gave Master Mew more credibility, and made him seem a little more innocent, while in return Master Mew was fending me off. This post, though, has been made to project my voice further. No-one can silence me if I make a plea!

"Isn't this all just over-analysis?" you ask, wondering how in the world I've managed to draw these conclusions.

No. It is not over-analysis. This is truth. This is the justification. I hope you make your own decisions as to what is right or wrong. Lynching JJM is not the way to go. I'm keeping my vote on PichuBoy, but also:

FoS: Master Mew. >:{

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

@SageGaga in the Skullgirls Mafia QT:

"So Dave, what do you think of our chances?"
    "I don't know, Dave, we aren't doing so well."
    "A player is already requesting claims. Victory chances at .5%!"
    "Stop being so pessimistic."
    "Okay...Victory chances at 1%!"
    "Really? Awesome!"

Night 2: I've gone insane. The others grow suspicious.
    Link

Let's remember when for the first time in history, a cisgender person complained about being misgendered:
    a) I AM A GIRL
    b) I AM A GIRL
    c) I AM A GIRL
    d) SERIOUSLY, CAN YOU NOT SEE THE RED LATIAS?
    e) I AM A GIRL
    f) WE SPECIFY GENDERS ON OUR PROFILES FOR A REASON
    Post link
    Last edited by Shinobu; 9th September 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I have quite a lot to share :P
    Guh, only if I can find where I stored all these somewhere, I'll just post the ones I remember and can find atm :P

From War Room Mafia 2

1. Why Night 0 should just be more of 'I got my role' phase, Part 1

Derier44: Confirming, and Ill role claim before the game even starts. My role is America's favorite ice cream flavor.
    Sourcandy/Fresa: nutella?
    Neonsands : Rocky road?
    Derier44 : Rocky Road made with Nutella, how did you guys know!?!?!?!?!?!
    Phoenicks : He must be hurristat. Only then could he have such terrible logic.
    hurristat : Go away. :P
    2. Why Night 0 should just be more of 'I got my role' phase, Part 2

bluesun: I can't even get onto the 5th page. :/
    EDIT: And now that I've posted, it seems I can. Weird.
    Parma: Page 5? What is this madness?
    /still on page 2
    Phoenicks: Let's spam the thread until Mintaka updates. We should get to 100 posts without the game starting. :D /bad moderator
    Parma: Phoenicks - You're doing it wrong.
    Mintaka - start the game, please. thanks, ever so much! :3
    hurristat: Sounds like a bad good idea! /bad moderator
    ~

And I really need to post these before that Skype storage wipes these quotes clean. xD

From War Room Mafia BYOB (4th)

From X-Men Mafia (I need to dig more into this game)
    (link to the post is in the text of the last quote)

Hellion: For those who got night actions, I remind you you've got another 6 hours to use them.
    Mijzelffan: And for those who don't have night actions?
    Hellion: ... they have 6 hours to not use their inexistent night action.
    Link
    Last edited by Mintaka; 10th September 2012 at 11:04 AM.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

I don't have the exact quote but this was from Lost mafia in a skype chat:

Octy: Shall I vag kill HiPS?

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

When I got a guilty cop check and QT spies found me out in Ape Escape Mafia, I had some fun joking around with the players before I was lynched.

And best of all, the phase change later:

Akuraito, Gaga, Greece and 1 others like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

And the QT, my god. When Buoy subbed in for Parma...

And just so much more that'd take forever to copy and paste.

Here, just look for yourself. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    That was a fun convo. :3c

From Jackie Chan Adventures 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Now, hold up just a second!

Guys, I really don't believe lynching JJM is the way to go! You see, I believe thoroughly that he is innocent at the moment, to be honest with you all. I mean, he hasn't even voted yet, and it's day one! Surely, even jokingly, JJM would vote if he didn't want to be immediately viewed as inactive, you know. If, as PichuBoy has accused him, he does know all of the mafia members, then we would be extremely unwise to try and lynch him. You see, knowing the mafia members does not immediately make him a mafia member himself. He may only have been given an extremely powerful role that allows him to oversee everything and run the game -- lynching him would be a potential nightmare for the town, depending on what alignment he flips. If he's town, which I believe that he may be, his information may come in use. He has already said that he will not tell us anything, which perhaps denotes that he is anxious not to bring attention to himself on Day 1, which is clever play. After all, if his role is as powerful as PichuBoy has intuitively suspected it to be, why would he?

I think that, perhaps, the most scummy player at the moment is PichuBoy. Yes, you know, my supposed 'other half'. You may be thinking, "Why, Buoysel! What an utterly preposterous thing to suggest! PichuBoy has barely posted today! How can you even take anything from the few words he has spoken?" The answer, my friends, is a very simple one, but yet so game-affectingly profound. You see, PichuBoy has indeed made a very suspicious move in attempting to get JJM lynched, in all honesty. Putting pressure under him so early in the game, as well as accusing him of knowing the mafia members, may be his very crafty, indirect way of trying to sniff out a power role on Day 1, which, as we all know, is extremely scummy play.

At this stage, you are perhaps flipping your desks as you read this. "Buoysel, all of these are unfounded accusations!" I hear you all cry. "You have no proof for any of this."

Ah, people. That is where you are wrong. BAHA. You see, being shipped with this other fellow for so long and talking to him has given me deep insight into the inner workings of his mind. However he decides to play, I know what he is planning. Even before he does. PichuBoy's simple wording leaves anyone thinking that he is simply innocently curious, but I am posting today to convince you otherwise. IT IS ALL LIES, A CHEAP FAÇADE THAT HE LIES BEHIND. He has already tricked other players into following his lead. Who knows how many more will fall suspect to his spell over the next few days if we do not cut him down early? Who can possibly imagine how bad things will be before people say, "You know what? I think PichuBoy is guilty after all. I was so darn convinced he wasn't!"

Additionally, I am convinced that Master Mew is one of his underlings. PichuBoy, once he saw my vote, simply knew that he was under watch, and of course he sent his minion, Master Mew, to keep my voice at bay. By contradicting my vote, Master Mew thought he had successfully thwarted my plans for PichuBoy, and I have struggled day and night to find a solution to counteract this (well, a while, anyway). You see, by his vote/unvote trick, he made his role 'obvious' in the eyes of PichuBoy, but he is seemingly the only one who has picked this up and quoted this so-called trick. However, this is a trick in itself. By suggesting that Master Mew's vote/unvote was not simply a ruse (which, in fact, it was), he gave Master Mew more credibility, and made him seem a little more innocent, while in return Master Mew was fending me off. This post, though, has been made to project my voice further. No-one can silence me if I make a plea!

"Isn't this all just over-analysis?" you ask, wondering how in the world I've managed to draw these conclusions.

No. It is not over-analysis. This is truth. This is the justification. I hope you make your own decisions as to what is right or wrong. Lynching JJM is not the way to go. I'm keeping my vote on PichuBoy, but also:

FoS: Master Mew. >:{
    The scary part is most of it was actually right, and this post was made in Day 1. xD
    Midorikawa likes this.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Here, have the quote that gives me mixed feelings ranged from cringing to wanting to bang my head on a wall, even when I read it now xD

From BMGf Mafia II, which I hosted:

Quote Originally Posted by kibago View Post
    Echter, hoewel het anders lijkt, je bent mafia in hart en nieren.

I got my role pm.
    Basically he admitted to being mafia in a very non-joking way.

Quote Originally Posted by umeko View Post
    vote: Kibago

He shared his Dutch sentence (though it's deleted now), which, according to Google, translated to However, although it seems otherwise, you're mafia at heart.
    And here I had hoped I had gotten it deleted on time. NOPE.

But not all was lost, she had no evidence. I was sure someone would realise that:

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    If it is deleted, then how can we verify that what you are saying is true?
    Good, good. I was sure th-

Quote Originally Posted by umeko View Post
    I also still have this in my inbox.

Am I really the only one who saw it on the post itself? It was there for quite a while. XD
    Nope, there went my last bit of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    mijzelffan must be fuming
    ;.;

I remembered this from 5Ds mafia QT

Gotpika: Also, since we're killing Tris. Are we sure she's a townie?
    Tris79: Guys,I'm a dude and Mafia.
    Soulmaster: awkward

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/akF3GPDamp9
    Last edited by Tris79; 11th September 2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Candy Mafia...JOIN NOW!!!

I have claimed my favorite Pokemon,Shinx!! Also Silver and Blaze!

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Havendale mafia II when it was revealed That PichuBoy should be lynched Buoy made this post
    Vote: PichuBoy.

EVERYTHING HAS DAWNED ON ME. WE ARE GETTING A DIVORCE. I CAN'T BELIEVE I TRUSTED YOU.

You didn't get a nightkill every night from Night 4 onwards. You got that one extra nightkill -- I've seen that role in some other mafia around here. You didn't kill who both me and DrumBeats asked you to last night. NO EXCUSES. RAAAAAAA
    Well, he edited it afterwards but thanks to @Paperhorse; we know the original post

Also I also like this post by Buoy
    My dear? watchoo think u r, my grandmother?

All jokes aside, okay. I'm just hovering between two people at the moment, but sure, I'll go with PichuBoy.

Vote: PichuBoy.

edit: ALSO. Stop apologising, goddamnit aaa. Do you really expect me to be floundering about, going, "OH FUCK, PICHUBOY IS GETTING LYNCHED. I MAY AS WELL DIE IRL NOW"? Well, that is what you are all coming across like right now. >:{

inb4 "sorry for saying sorry"

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

There was a fake event in the 1st war Room Mafia - created by a player that could post short reports - and these are the reactions to the report.
    Starts from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fake Event
    The War Zone Meeting Board has fiXed a decision: all the players are now guinea pigs in a new eXperiment. Players must post using the letter 'x' at least 5 times in one post. This eXtremely glorious decision also allows all players to post using a fancy color (for maXimum mood-brightening). Please note that a consequence for failure eXists. Not cheering your fellow players with color and eXtensive use of 'X' will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official player record, followed by death.

XoXoXoXoXoXoXoXoXoXoXo -- The War Zone Meeting Board

Personal favorites were Parma's and HiPS'.
    Midorikawa likes this.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feralize
    Plus, now they suspect Buoy and Flonne...at least I'll go out with a whole ton of confusion!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumBeats
    Fionne is with us though
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralize
    Oh. Fail on my part. FLONNE Y U TOWN SO OFTEN
    Which is really quite ironic since, out of my 21 completed games, I've been mafia 1/3 of the time.

The Inganno Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I don't have the exact quote but this was from Lost mafia in a skype chat:

Octy: Shall I vag kill HiPS?
    This was the post from Paperhorse with that convo and so on in it from the thread

LOST Mafia- Town and Independents win!
    Iteru and Midorikawa like this.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast